• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My newly organized Sleeping Beauty Book (Image Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My newly organized Sleeping Beauty Book (Image Heavy)

Merryweather

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
408   0   0
A while back, I re-arranged my chaotic Sleeping Beauty Book. I was already inspired by Erin's Shadow Box post (http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?44293-Sleeping-Beauty-Shadow-Box!!!), and wanted to post mine at some point too.

Then, last week Jason (HandA) asked me if I have pictures to show to his daughter. So, dear Jason, your wish is my command :lol:

Everything started with one CM handing during a WDW trip in Fall of 2009. So, without further due here are my beloved princess and her (even more beloved) fairies:

pagec_zpsa1d3f473.jpg

Many thanks to Disneypirate for trading to me. Now, this first page is waiting for one last pin:

pin91899th72

page2_zpsa177c599.jpg

20140407_143106_zpscf71762f.jpg

I added the wonderful zap from Jason to the page above :)

page4_zps2c7782c1.jpg

Page #5 is my favorite of all. So much blue and the most dreamy prince - Phillip :)

I got a lovely zap from Erin , so this page was rearranged a bit.

pageb_zpsdd93f66a.jpg

Page #6 is my second favorite with her as Briar Rose. I finally found after 2-3 years.

pagea_zps4833b320.jpg

More Briar Rose:

page7_zps73b709ea.jpg

Dreamy Phillp again, but now she is in pink .. meh!

page8_zps545cb956.jpg

Some more in pink - no thanks to Flora .. :lol:

page9_zps3583d4a3.jpg

I have many more SB pins, but some are in my princess book with their matching series such as Mardi Gras, Seasons etc. Some are neatly tucked in boxes among layers of bubble wrap. I know it is a "crime" to keep them like that, but I am too worried that those lovely grails might get damaged. So, once in a while we take them out of the boxes and out of their wraps to admire them, then back into the box they go.

I just love Sleeping Beauty pins :) I am not a completist because I do not like many of the pins with pink, and even few others in blue. So, I am almost there with my collection.

I know some of the older Sleeping Beauty collectors from trades via Pinpics, from dizpins and now from DPF. But with many new members joining every day, it gets hard for me to follow. So, I would like to know who else collects Sleeping Beauty.

Last edited:
So, I would like to know who else collects Sleeping Beauty.
ME!!!!!

I love Sleeping Beauty, probably more then my Pooh collection. I am not a completist either although at one point in the early stages when I was caught up in collecting/trading fever, I was trying to be. I've sold off all the ones that I didn't like and am now using the money to buy some of my harder grails on Ebay. I just recently picked up Pin 5531: 100 Years of Magic - Sleeping Beauty 1959 which has been a long time grail. Now I am browsing these pages trying to get inspiration for shadow boxes etc. because I want to display them. I love your idea of sorting by color/theme :0) It's so pretty. Maybe I'll steal it for mine too. :lol:

Wow what a nice collection! I'm thinking of starting a new collection of sleeping beauty after getting the sleeping beauty 55th anniversary pin and your tempting me even more! Lol

Me.. Though generally only blue or briar rose. I have as couple pink. Omg you have some of my grails. Beautiful collection!

So jealous of your collection. She has become one of my major collections but its very new and I just started. I have a small shadow box, but am going to need something bigger eventually. LOL

OMG, your collection is soooo pretty and awesome! You have four htf pins that I really, really want lol. It looks really nice, I love it. Oh yeah, I collect Sleeping Beauty too lol:lol:

Absolutely stunning collection! My Sleeping Beauty collection started off with Maleficent, my most favorite Disney character, and now I have many other SB related pins in my collection. I prefer Aurora in blue over pink, but I really like her best as Briar Rose.

WOW! :O

This collection is so stunning. I personally like the pins of Aurora in blue better too :)

Congrats on such an amazing collection. I hope you are able to find the ones that you still are looking for soon!

I would like to know who else collects Sleeping Beauty.

I do.

Maleficent is my primary collection. I also collect the Mock Prince, Briar Rose, the three fairies, and Aurora (in her blue dress only).

That Flora DSF Pin Trader Sundae pins is the one I'm missing too, for some reason she's the hardest, which seems odd to me because most people prefer Merryweather. As you said, hopefully one day.

Your pins are so beautiful Selen, and you have such a lovely way of arranging them!! It's also so special with how it all began with just one pretty little sleeping beauty pin :) Thank you so much for sharing with all of us!!

Thanks for sharing pictures Selen. I love seeing all the collection together. Those are some very beautiful pins!

That's an amazing SB collection! You have arranged them so nicely. Interesting how it seems like everyone prefers the blue to pink because I think there are more pink pins out there. Congrats on a wonderful collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back