• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My Princess Ariel to Princess Peach OOAK doll! [pic heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Princess Ariel to Princess Peach OOAK doll! [pic heavy]

flynnrider

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! This past holiday break I purchased the new Ariel singing doll and transformed her into Princess Peach from the Mario Bros. game series.

I know Nintendo isn't Disney, but it is Ariel hidden underneath all that pink and blonde hair ;) also, I was inspired by the limited edition dolls that Disney Store releases each year, so I thought you guys would want to see it anyway!

Here is the before (i didn't take any photos of my ariel before so I'm linking you to the amaaazzzzinngg drj828's photo. I hope you don't mind!)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68105287@N03/7689154802/

And this is what I did to mine:
tumblr_mg2ed3TpUd1rygd91o1_500.jpg

my camera broke down after this photo lol so i had to take the rest with my ipod:

tumblr_mg49auQyQM1rygd91o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mg49auQyQM1rygd91o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mg49auQyQM1rygd91o3_1280.jpg

I also made a video on her!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlNDiMi0Yjo

Hope you guys like her! It was so fun to make her :)

Last edited:
OMGosh dying over here!!!!! :shock: :eek2: :bowdown:

best doll EVER ahhhhh!!!!! you did a great job! :D You should totally make Daisy next LOL :) <3 <3 <3

Thank you! I'm definitely gonna do Daisy! I'm thinking of using Belle as my base. And maybe Princess Zelda using the 2010 Cinderella. And then Samus! Ah I'm gonna have a fun year lol.

Pretty impressive mate. well done she looks stunning! good luck on the other projects. Make sure you post pictures of the result :)

That is amazing! Did you make the dress from scratch too?
I did! I used satin like how the princess dolls usually have, which is really cheap! I spent $5 for both fabrics that were 1/2 a yard and I still have a ton left over! I hand sewed it all lol you can tell by some of the mistakes in the stitches ;)

And thanks to all for the compliments!

Bummer that I start school on the 14th, because I really wanted to start on another one. Maybe for my spring break or something lol.

I did! I used satin like how the princess dolls usually have, which is really cheap! I spent $5 for both fabrics that were 1/2 a yard and I still have a ton left over! I hand sewed it all lol you can tell by some of the mistakes in the stitches ;)

Wow that is amazing, I didn't even notice the errors. I love Princess Peach and the doll looks so much like her. Great work!

i'm thinking about it! i actually have some fabric left over. i just need a small break since my hands are still blistered lol but if you want me to commission you one I would be glad to do it ;)

OMG yes yes yes1!!! I want a Princess Peach one too!! lemme know when you get the chance! PM me please about price!

Man, she's perfect! Where can I buy one hahaha. You should definitely do more for sale, you'll get rich. I can't wait to see Rosalina, Zelda and Samus :D !

Thank you! I really want to make more to sell. Just out of curiousity how much would you guys pay for these? The thing is it's about $50-60 to get all the materials with the doll (on sale) and the hair and rhinestones and the plastic for the crown. I guess I should look up how much people charge for labor lol

I'd say $80-100 would be reasonable just like the Disney LE dolls. I'd be more than happy to pay $100 for a doll as they are pretty cool and really are collectible items. Plus you have to make them yourself instead of having a manufacturing line so I think for the labour that would be reasonable.

I'm also a ooak doll artist and I know people want you to make dolls for scraps. I also hand sew my doll clothes so it takes a bit longer. I agree, for a 17" ooak doll $100 is perfectly fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back