• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New annoying virus-y ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely very frustrating. Does anyone know what's causing it?

They seem to be gone now that iTrader is turned off. Which sucks. Any help we can be in this process?

iTrader is back on for the time being; I turned it on a while ago, and it didn't seem to be related to that.

What seems to be happening is maybe some SQL injection to modify a certain file and hijack certain actions on the forum, causing the popup.

I'm running the latest version of the forum software, so there's no "fix" built into it yet.

I've turned off search and viewing for users not logged in or not registered, which closes that attack vector; and likely where it was happening.

going forward, ill just need to evaluate the need to move to VB5, or Xenforo, a different forum software -- and how that fits in to what you all need here as a community; some of the older additions can probably be taken off/left behind, but a trading system/feedback system is essential, in addition to figuring out how best to cover the maintenance costs of the site (hosting and software upgrade/maintenance costs, primarily).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back