• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012

OMG cuteness overload I almost fainted!!!!!! I love how her face expression resembles Boo much better than the older versions of her!

Oh and this also is so adorable!!

I didn't know that tinkerbell/periwinkle set existed! Why does DS keep having exclusive sets for the UK only? D= I can only buy stuff off the US website!
*goes off to post on DS facebook*
It's not UK, it's Europe. Also US get things us Europeans don't get, fashion packs, Brave mini dolls, loads more items than what we do.
They are two different markets, also US got 950/1000 for Sgt. Calhoun & Europe only got 50 dolls. So who should be complaining? We don't.

I actually got the set you're talking about, with the Arrival Tink & Peri from the DS UK. It says on the package that the wings should light up (although I don't think it does not say that on the product page) but nothing happens when you press the studs on their hands. Same problem with my daughter's set (it's stashed away but don't want to have a disappointed kid on Christmas so I might have to open it hopefully it's just the batteries!). A customer left a review of this problem on the DS UK product page as well, so I think it's an issue.

I don't know but I thought since they are sisters born of the same laugh (twins) they should look, if not identical, very close (maybe fraternal twins?) and I don't feel the DS captured the way Peri looks in the movie very well, I'm waiting for my Jacks Pacific Peri to arrive to compare. I think they're very cute but I wish their wings actually light up like it's advertised, it would be so cool!

Anyways, here are a few quick photos I took of my set

8248215319_1453fca623_z.jpg

8249281454_fe7dea838b_z.jpg

8248219585_0386e0687b_z.jpg

:drool::drool:

but you're right, Peris face is plump which looks better than tinks thin face. But still very pretty. Will you be contacting DS about the wings :( ?

Bummer :( Someone asked DS if the US would be getting the set and they said there was no info on it. It's like Japan all over again. How certain limited edition figure or video game sets are only released there . Ill be patient , wait and see what happens.

:drool::drool:

but you're right, Peris face is plump which looks better than tinks thin face. But still very pretty. Will you be contacting DS about the wings :( ?

Oh thankfully I don't have to! After a little tinkering with my daughter's set it's working fine now. I had to open her set and take out the batteries and put them back in, but luckily my set started working on its own right after I finished fixing hers. So weird, but glad I didn't have to open it since I like mine for display only.. Phew! But now I have to perfectly re-pack hers, wrap it and stash it away for Christmas.

Tink's wings flash green light, while Peri's wings flash blue light.

8250889049_295134250f_z.jpg

Oh have you found the Mini Fairies Doll Set yet, Skittlegirltokyo?

So pretty !!! I'm glad you got them to work finally !!!
The mini fairies set :
And only on eBay for $40+
oh and on the site I like how tinker bell sells out and then periwinkle is added o :facepalm:

So pretty !!! I'm glad you got them to work finally !!!
The mini fairies set :
And only on eBay for $40+
oh and on the site I like how tinker bell sells out and then periwinkle is added o :facepalm:

Thanks!
Oh no! :( you would think with Christmas just around the corner their site would be well restocked. They have been sold out of Tiana for like what, 4 weeks now maybe? She's the only one we're missing. oh and sorry but I did not understand about the mini fairies 6-dolls set, you found them? I think on ebay they are being bid on for up to the $80s, and some sellers have the nerve to list them for BIN price of $100+, same on amazon too. It's sad how Christmas time brings out the greed in some people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back