• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Pins Coming On-line!....MYSTERY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Pins Coming On-line!....MYSTERY!
Still available now. Have not bought one this month since I am now stuck with three of them. It's a shame that they are back ordered. One of the selling points of the OE's, is to get them before they come out in the parks so you can trade them if so desired.

Last edited:
I'm in Western PA and just now ordered. I think the fact that Disney has limited it to 1 per person AND that a lot of people haven't been happy with the first two packs might be the reason they haven't sold out.

Since it's a July release, I'm hoping to see a "Christmas in July" theme?? Being the fact that I only make it to WDW every 2-3 years, I'm happy to get pins at retail price. And grow my collection.

Happy 4th of July Weekend everyone. Be safe!

Even the first set of them stayed in stock for hours. It helps that there's a ton of them vs a normal 300-500-ish release.

I'm in Western PA and just now ordered. I think the fact that Disney has limited it to 1 per person AND that a lot of people haven't been happy with the first two packs might be the reason they haven't sold out.

Since it's a July release, I'm hoping to see a "Christmas in July" theme?? Being the fact that I only make it to WDW every 2-3 years, I'm happy to get pins at retail price. And grow my collection.

Happy 4th of July Weekend everyone. Be safe!

I think many people are missing out because the NEW ITEMS page has not updated to show this pin set. You have to search for it or use the link........... JMHO

I keep putting this in my cart and then rethinking it and closing the window. I'm really hoping for Inside Out, but $40 is a lot for me to gamble on it *maybe* being Inside Out when there's a large chance it could be something else, and the other things I collect aren't very likely to be in it either.

Since they were still available this morning, I went ahead and ordered one. I am 2 for 2 for my collections, so I expect this month's to be something that I'm not really interested in.

It's really not a bad deal. If the LE pin were on the rack as an open edition it would sell for about $12.00, the two open edition pins would be about $9.00 each, that's $30.00 worth of pins, shipping is $8.00, so for an additional $2.00 you're getting a Limited Edition (2000) pin, and if you want to be techinical it's really a LE (500) because there are 4 variations. The only thing is it's a mystery pin, and you don't have the enjoyment of waiting on line for 8 hours only to miss out.

So far I've been pleased.

Hey guys! Newbie here. This is the thread that brought me to DPF! :) living in Central Texas we have very few opportunities to purchase new pins. When we started collecting in 2012 we didn't realize just how difficult collecting would be! We haven't really collected since 2012 for this reason. However, now we are planning to visit Disneyland later this summer, and the Park Pack was released at just the right time for us to add to our collections and get some pins to trade before our trip. That being said, I'm pretty underwhelmed with the first two boxes. I purchased the July box to give it one more shot, but if it doesn't step up the game it will likely be the last one I buy at $40. Since the boxes are not sold out yet and it's 7:15pm CST on release day, I think many others are of the same mind. :|

What did you guys think of the June box? I think the Jack Skellington is my favorite of the three.

If they keep up the movie theme I could see them becoming more popular and people wanting the whole series. I think they aren't selling out because the resellers have given up on them. The only pin with resale value is the LE but they can't sell it for more than what the whole box costs and since there's multiple variants they aren't really that hard to trade for. Especially since it's a mystery a lot of the people who get them end up wanting to trade.

Last edited:
Interesting. I kept checking availability throughout the day and the Park Pack for July never sold out. Unless it just happened to sell out VERY close to 24 hours after release! I think each box is only available for 24 hours...I wonder what will happen to any pins/boxes that didn't sell?

Well, it sold out late last night because it is no longer available..................... For those who hesitated you are too late...............

Well, it sold out late last night because it is no longer available..................... For those who hesitated you are too late...............

My apologies for the poor wording! The Park Pack was available at 11:45 pm last night (which was the last time I checked before midnight) When I checked again at 12:15am the site said it was no longer available. So, I think it was pulled from the site before it sold out. Does that make sense? I believe each box is only available for sale for 24 hours and even if it is not sold out, it gets pulled from the Disney Store site anyway. I'll chat with a CM today and verify. :smile:

201507085173.jpg
201507081079.jpg

That ariel pin looks terrible! Cheap comes to mind These le pins that come in the box are a bit bland and not much thought has gone into them even our UK pins look a lot better than what these are I still think they would do so much better with just releasing a le pin on its own and they wouldmake better traders than these

Last edited:
That ariel pin looks terrible! Cheap comes to mind These le pins that come in the box are a bit bland and not much thought has gone into them even our UK pins look a lot better than what these are I still think they would do so much better with just releasing a le pin on its own and they wouldmake better traders than these

I thought the same too. Your guys pins are so much better, well designed and has some thought brought into them. These are just horrible and this is coming from a ariel/little mermaid fan. I was so excited about the Park Pack when I first heard of it in January it definitely has been a major let down for me so far.

That Ariel is the LE? That's...terribly underwhelming. I always assumed an LE was meant to be an interesting design, something that would make their limited number worth the hunt and cost. This Ariel could easily have been a regular ol' OE rack pin and no one would have questioned that, but there is nothing so unique to warrant a limiting of this design. It's boring and, frankly, ugly.

I've seen three of these packs now and I feel like Disney just isn't grabbing my interest. Forty bucks for three pins is too much when they all end up being terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back