• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Pins Coming On-line!....MYSTERY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Pins Coming On-line!....MYSTERY!
I like the Mickey pin. It reminds me of Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn), understated but totally classy. I've seen a design like that before, but with real diamonds. It's absolutely breathtaking! This is probably the closest I will ever get to that!

But I agree, overall, underwhelming. I've purchased all three months and can't really justify the expense anymore. The OE pins aren't even good for trading, and I'm not so sure the LE pins are worth it. I think the Cheshire Cat pin is the best LE so far.

Last edited:
I think I liked it a little better, when we thought it was Ariel, just because people would still trade fairly well for it. I like the Mickey/Minnie, so I don't have any issue owning it. Just, in order for the pricing of the boxes to make sense, the LE is $20-$25, and M&M aren't usually that popular. I would like the pin a lot more if it was a $12.95-$15.95 pin. Two OE's don't care for at all. And Groot would be a good trader, except everyone will have one.

Well, I guess I can answer my own question... Consider me underwhelmed -

attachment.php

If anyone is wondering what the 4 variations are, from what I can figure out:

1. All Grey
2. Red Curtain with everything else grey
3. Red Curtain and colored in title areas
4. Red Curtain, colored title areas, and colored characters.

I just got my pack today, and after poo-pooing the posted pictures, I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. The Mickey head is quite pretty and very classy looking. I got the multi-colored Mickey, and it is adorable- I don't even like the old-fashioned Mickeys. Of course, my husband loves Groot, and he was excited.

Last edited:
I keep getting rhe "sold out" message, but that's what I got earlier (before 2 AN CDT). First ones didn't sell out THAT fast!

Just wanted to point out they increased the "limited edition" pin from 500 each to 750 each and now you can only buy 1 set instead of 2. I bet these don't sell out for weeks!

Just wanted to point out they increased the "limited edition" pin from 500 each to 750 each and now you can only buy 1 set instead of 2. I bet these don't sell out for weeks!

I wonder why they increased it to 750 LE instead of 500 LE. (I thought it wasn't selling out that quickly.) The higher LE size makes it much less desirable.

Last month was the first time I bought the pack, and it was limited to one per customer then.

I ordered one again this month. I am curious as to why the change from LE500 to LE750. Maybe that is the pin they had available?

Think I'm passing this month. With the increased edition size and variants, they're just not worth the price anymore.

I was on the fence but then I was awake anyway booking Minnie's Holiday Dine for my clients. :) I'm afraid that the one time I don't buy it it will be something REALLY good. Maybe since they did classic Mickey Shorts last month this month will be Snow White and they'll go in order. Or maybe that would make too much sense lol. I don't know what to make of the higher edition size. Maybe people complained about them selling out. Even though the last one stayed in stock for like 2 days you have to figure some people thought of it late and missed out. Or maybe Disney thinks since they do sell out every month they will easily sell the LE 750 and make more $$.

I wonder why they increased it to 750 LE instead of 500 LE. (I thought it wasn't selling out that quickly.) The higher LE size makes it much less desirable.

Last month was the first time I bought the pack, and it was limited to one per customer then.

Despite what the top 10% of traders want, if the goal of the pin pack is to increase the market of pin traders, having something sell out in less than 24 hours (what the other park packs did) doesn't accomplish that goal. Unfortunately, the wishes of the 10% (uber popular stuff with a super low edition size, that can be sold or traded for the best pins of the past) do not grow the number of pin buyers because that makes in unattainable for the other 90%. You know there are pin people out there that don't do trading online, don't even know about Pinpics or here, but like buying pins on vacation and wish there was something to buy when they got home...that's the market for these.

Or it's a cross promotion pin, with Frozen characters dressed up as Star Wars Episode 7 characters (merchandise hits Toys R Us on 9/4, so we're going to start seeing cross-promo stuff soon):poke::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back