• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Ursula Finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Ursula Finds!

Maryscribbles

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Many of you know how much I love Ursula (and also villains in general). Well, after coming into a bit of Easter mad money, I got the pin I thought I would never get.

7nPcrjSl.jpg

I can't explain why I thought this pin was so out of my league, but the $70 or so price tag I saw in the bay always sent me reeling. I'm new, I guess, and that much money for one pin overwhelms me (sweet summer child, I know). BUT, this one was only $50 OBO, and then the seller graciously was talked down a bit. And now it is mine! :D it is really gorgeous, and the picture probably doesn't do it justice.

I also got this sweet Ursula spinner.

tRLvlonl.jpg

My little collection is growing!

Rd55YoOl.jpg

In other news, princesses are overrunning my board despite myself.

zTxF4fCl.jpg

This is particularly distressing as I am considering starting an Ariel collection to match my Ursula! Aaah!

Anyhow, pin collecting has been so much more fun since I found DPF. It's nice to share my pins with other people who care, and I love seeing everyone else's collections too!

Happy trading!

I just love Ursula!! The jumbo "ooze" is one I have not yet acquired :( But it look's beautiful in your collection! & the spinner is an oldie but goodie, one of my favorite old rack pins!

I just love Ursula!! The jumbo "ooze" is one I have not yet acquired :( But it look's beautiful in your collection! & the spinner is an oldie but goodie, one of my favorite old rack pins!

Yes! I was very, very kindly zapped the ooze pin. :D it is a gem in my collection. The spinner is fabulous, in my opinion, because Ariel and Eric have crazy faces!

Yes! I was very, very kindly zapped the ooze pin. :D it is a gem in my collection. The spinner is fabulous, in my opinion, because Ariel and Eric have crazy faces!

Haha, yes the crazy faces definitely make the pin! I'm winding down my collection to a couple (well alot) of the harder ones so if I come across some pins I already have during my trading tomorrow I will be sure to send them to a fellow Ursula lover like yourself ;)

Haha, yes the crazy faces definitely make the pin! I'm winding down my collection to a couple (well alot) of the harder ones so if I come across some pins I already have during my trading tomorrow I will be sure to send them to a fellow Ursula lover like yourself ;)

Aww! Thanks! I appreciate it. :3

I love, love, love your Ursula collection!! I have not seen to many Ursula collections... so this is very stunning!

It's getting so impressive! :D I love it so! But that carousel pin... Man... It gives the Monorail a run for its money. Hahah!

~Merlin

Congrats on the pin! I also like Ursula a lot, she is my favorite villain, if she had better pins (I'm not a fan of most of them) I'd consider being an Ursula completionist but for the time being, I only collect a few here and there that I really like of her since I feel like a majority of her pins are must "meh" <_< The Designer Ursula pin is the only pin of her I'm really really after :)

Love that you have an Ursula collection. She is a character that greatly deserves much love. I'm torn on who is my favorite Disney villain. It's either her or Maleficent. They both are just so deliciously good at being bad. Hmm, wait, I might have to throw in Madam Mim too. She's obviously not quite at the caliber of evil that the aforementioned dastardly dames have achieved, but her kookiness gains points in my book. She's most certainly original.

Congrats on the zap of the paint drip Ursula pin. That's the one I like best of her. The pin I think your collection needs is this:
pin64148

I just love the composition of this pin and the designer did a nice job with Flotsam and Jetsam's features. I've seen a lot of side character pins where the look of the character is rather off, but this one is spot on. If I ever come across I'll let you know. Thanks for sharing!

Love that you have an Ursula collection. She is a character that greatly deserves much love. I'm torn on who is my favorite Disney villain. It's either her or Maleficent. They both are just so deliciously good at being bad. Hmm, wait, I might have to throw in Madam Mim too. She's obviously not quite at the caliber of evil that the aforementioned dastardly dames have achieved, but her kookiness gains points in my book. She's most certainly original.

Congrats on the zap of the paint drip Ursula pin. That's the one I like best of her. The pin I think your collection needs is this:

I just love the composition of this pin and the designer did a nice job with Flotsam and Jetsam's features. I've seen a lot of side character pins where the look of the character is rather off, but this one is spot on. If I ever come across I'll let you know. Thanks for sharing!

Ooh, are they shiny? They look a bit glittery. Very cool!

I think Maleficient is the most evil. I mean, Ursula was kicked out of the kingdom and exiled, so I get why she wants revenge on Triton's family. But Maleficient? She just wasn't invited to the birthday party! :3

I love Mim too. Merlin and I have argues about how evil she is. I say, she is whimsical and lighthearted. He says, she very easily says she is going to snap some necks and kill. *shrug* maybe it was just a joke!

Flotsam and Jetsam are shiny, but i don't think it's glitter. My guess is it's a translucent enamel that shows the metal underneath. It's the metal that gives the pin a shiny quality. I'm not sure, but the paint drip Ursula may have a similar effect.

I love your breakdown of Ursula's and Maleficent's motives. It makes Ursula look some what justified in her actions, while Maleficent comes off as over-dramatic. I would like to think of it as Maleficent was a spoiled prima ballerina in her youth (her movements are very graceful) and perhaps she's still a little delusional about the "social" power she wields. My theory for Ursula is she was either the it girl and grew out of that position or wanted to be the it girl when she was younger and never succeeded. Because of dealing with this social dilema she acquired her pizzazz and showmanship as a way to command attention. Well it worked on me, Lady! Of the two, she definitely is the one that would be more entertaining to grab a drink with.

Yeah, I might have to agree with Merlin. Mim may be a sociopath, plain and simple. I still love her though.

Ooh, are they shiny? They look a bit glittery. Very cool!

I think Maleficient is the most evil. I mean, Ursula was kicked out of the kingdom and exiled, so I get why she wants revenge on Triton's family. But Maleficient? She just wasn't invited to the birthday party! :3

I love Mim too. Merlin and I have argues about how evil she is. I say, she is whimsical and lighthearted. He says, she very easily says she is going to snap some necks and kill. *shrug* maybe it was just a joke!

Yeah, I might have to agree with Merlin. Mim may be a sociopath, plain and simple. I still love her though.

Let's not forget what Mim said to Arthur:

"Yes, yes, and [Merlin] must see something good in you. AND IN MY BOOK THAT'S BAD! And so my boy, I'm afraid I'll have to destroy you..."

Yeah. Sociopath. Hahah!

~Merlin

Yup, I'm afraid that one is certifiable. But at least she's having fun with it.

Let's not forget what Mim said to Arthur:

"Yes, yes, and [Merlin] must see something good in you. AND IN MY BOOK THAT'S BAD! And so my boy, I'm afraid I'll have to destroy you..."

Yeah. Sociopath. Hahah!

~Merlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back