• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Next dsf ptd is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next dsf ptd is...
There's no such thing as a guaranteed grail. See how in demand it is after the hype and panic has worn off. It could be a great trader for sometime to come, or flatline once everyone who wants one has it. There are many like me who don't care for it so if I'm the one trading your wanted grail, the pin won't help you.

I'm sorry but I think it's funny when someone talks as if they got the whole pin hobby figured out and can predict how a pin will do in trading in the future. It's all cycles. No one knew marquees would blow up like they did. And how about those DLRP PTN pins? Those are starting to flatline since people stopped focusing on them and switched to PODM pins. Eventually those to will hit lows. Everything has its season (remember when these were the hottest things going: Haunted Mansion, Jessica, Tinker Bell, Japan 100 Years of Magic, Piece of History, Pirates, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.). The only way to guarantee a high return is to strike while the iron is hot. Anything else is a gamble. It could pay off big, or blow up in your face.

Ugh ... show off ... :lol:

I have a better idea: We do a 3 way trade.

You trade your Gomes to me. I trade mine to Becky. And Becky can trade hers to you.

tumblr_m2blpaDeVX1qbemqao2_500.png

There's no such thing as a guaranteed grail. See how in demand it is after the hype and panic has worn off. It could be a great trader for sometime to come, or flatline once everyone who wants one has it. There are many like me who don't care for it so if I'm the one trading your wanted grail, the pin won't help you.

Well said, well said!

The only way to guarantee a high return is to strike while the iron is hot. Anything else is a gamble. It could pay off big, or blow up in your face.

That is exactly why I said that the re-sellers are the ones that win. They get a handsome chunk of money in return, not pins whose values will fluctate.

I have recently traded for WDI Jessicas (NFCC release) and shortly after I traded my lovely Ariel pins for them, their values went down to half. I felt pretty foolish :(

Aww, c'mon now. That would be a totally fair trade, no ??

Last edited:
Selen! Haha you brat! Ain't nobody got time for le 100s!! (;
Mark, Joey, well spoken!

My shoes ripped at this release, and I had to wear "chanclas aka sandals haha I'll
Trade this pin for a nice new pair of shoes!!!! XD

I am more than willing to buy you a pair of shoes for this pin! Just tell me what size and style you want :p

I have recently traded for WDI Jessicas (NFCC release) and shortly after I traded my lovely Ariel pins for them, their values went down to half. I felt pretty foolish :(

Haven't we all done this at some point? I've made trades I wish I could take back but hey, who knew? I'm still very happy with the pins I own. I've met and talked to some great people. So it all balances out.

Haven't we all done this at some point? I've made trades I wish I could take back but hey, who knew? I'm still very happy with the pins I own. I've met and talked to some great people. So it all balances out.

I love your optimism. We should all have that. Relax and have fun. :)

This thread has gotten pretty nasty. :/

It really saddens me about the re-sellers and heck, even some of the re-traders..

But, that's just my input. I wish I would have been online when the pin first appeared. Then I would have had a chance at getting this pin for $60, instead of attempting to trade all my "decent" traders or buying it for an arm or leg on ebay.

I haz mine coming from ewbay.

I iz gonna tradez it once it arrivez.

There not nasty :) just an FYI. If you want this PTD and have a FAIR trade from my wants list let me know. I am only looking for pins from my wants for this PTD.

i do not collect Tangled. This is a high end trader, now or later. Most folks who have seen it like it, it is the biggest PTD i have ever seen, it's an LE300. This pin is going to hold high value. Not R/C Rapunzel or high quality frame podm value, but it is going to be a high end trader. I do not regret paying $65.00 for it. I think in the long run monetary value will be higher than 65. but I wont be looking for a monetary trade, i look for comparable t/w and edition sizes when trading. :)

Its comments like this that tick people off. You don't need to say this. It's just rude. Keep it to yourself.
Please, should I post your trade requests to me on pinpics for everyone to see? Your offers are rude. At least the Tangled PTD is worth around half the opening day. WiR UK is maybe 1/5th?

nWoJeffDW offers markheardjr this pin: Pin 94326 (Disney Store UK - Wreck-It Ralph)
In return for one of these pins:
Pin 80648 (Disney Tangled - Opening Day)

Last edited:

I'm sorry but I think it's funny when someone talks as if they got the whole pin hobby figured out and can predict how a pin will do in trading in the future. It's all cycles. No one knew marquees would blow up like they did. And how about those DLRP PTN pins? Those are starting to flatline since people stopped focusing on them and switched to PODM pins. Eventually those to will hit lows. Everything has its season (remember when these were the hottest things going: Haunted Mansion, Jessica, Tinker Bell, Japan 100 Years of Magic, Piece of History, Pirates, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.). The only way to guarantee a high return is to strike while the iron is hot. Anything else is a gamble. It could pay off big, or blow up in your face.
So you don't think you can predict how pins will do but in just a few sentences after that statement you yourself are speculating on a pin genre's future. A bit hipocritical wouldn't you say??

**in News caster voice**
This just in... fights are breaking out all over pin forums as people argue heatedly over a value for a pin that was free with a purchase of icecream. Apparently a difference of opinion is causing bickering and angry words to be tossed about in what once was a happy community.

Junk-Food-Fight---67508.jpg

in all seriousness folks... if you have a personal beef with eachother, take it to PM. We all have a different idea of value and worth. lets let the dust setlle a bit on this one ok?

**in News caster voice**
This just in... fights are breaking out all over pin forums as people argue heatedly over a value for a pin that was free with a purchase of icecream. Apparently a difference of opinion is causing bickering and angry words to be tossed about in what once was a happy community.

Junk-Food-Fight---67508.jpg

in all seriousness folks... if you have a personal beef with eachother, take it to PM. We all have a different idea of value and worth. lets let the dust setlle a bit on this one ok?

LOL! I'm in total agreement with you! :)

i have exra PTD pins... the color is a little off but otherthan that they are real nice scrappers... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back