• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Next dsf ptd is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next dsf ptd is...
I am a Rapunzel Collector with my 11 year old sister. She can't get the pins because they are too difficult but it is a favorite princess that we share that makes pin collecting so much better. I would have waited in the cold and rain all night if I could have to get her! Rapunzel is my main collection and the collection I am focusing on right now. I want to get one for my sister first for her birthday coming up and then I will see if by some miracle I can get another for myself.

We were only asking because Sebe and I wanted to zap someone.
We did not ask because we were trying to be sarcastic, I honestly wanted to know who collects Rapunzel LOL

I think a lot of us would collect Tangled if it wasn't so hard to do! :) Myself included, we're just trying to find a way in! :sigh: :D

I love Rapunzel although I don't put most Tangled pins on my want list as they seem so unattainable :(

I love the movie tangled just everything about it was so wonderful and simply magic. I really felt I could some what relate to Rapunzel. Plus there were moments that made me laugh so hard it really put a genuine smile on my face during a period in my life where I was a little blue. I especially loved the duet Rapunzel and Flynn sung together. So much, that I ended up memorizing the entire song after only seeing the movie once hehe (i'm such a dork). If only I knew about the El Capitan Theatre and the Disney Soda Fountain back then, I may have had a better chance collecting these as sometimes I feel collecting Tangled pins is like wanting a fine wine on a beer budget. But I am remaining positive as I know some day I will get all these pins. It may take years, many trades, and probably a lot of money, but I know I will get these pins because I am that determined. They are my dream and dreams become goals and goals can become a reality. So, even though tangled is some what of a challenge for me to collect at the moment, I have hope that someday I will complete my Tangled collection :D

I don't mean to stomp down pinpics requests as I received over 20 this morning and many for hidden mickey's or $15 pins from the last 2 or 3 years. I did receive many decent ones also, some from of people I know from DPF or in person. I am not going to trade this pin for just any pin. Or 4 or 5 recent LE's on my wants. When a pin like this comes along you save it for a grail or you hide it in a closet for a year+ and see how high the T/W climbs. I feel this pin will just get harder and harder to acquire in the long term. Justifiably, the reason why all of you scrambling to get it should and are feeling a sense of urgency. There are so many Rapunzel collectors that once these pins go into collections you won't see many after. I know the argument is that all of these pins are in the collecting community, unlike few DSF grails that sat on shelves and went to tourists also. But this is a LE300 pin that I'm sure 100 of the people in line will be keeping one for themselves. I'm guessing there will be 50 very kind souls that will give/zap/trade-easy their extra away to a friend or reciprocal pin picker-upper at another park or Disney location. So that leaves around half for the trade/sale market. That isn't very many and long term those will slowly make their way into collections and only come out when someone is desperate for money. This pin will become a DS.com Up pin, or a DSF Pascal/Maximus, a HTF Marquee, or worthy of a few DA LE100's in the long run. So please don't be upset with all of us that have an extra when we turn your request down. My advice is grab one of the ones on eBay and in two years be so happy you paid a fraction today what it's worth then!
When a guaranteed grail pin comes up you don't just trade it away for anything. You have to be selective and you have to some extent, distance yourself from the sobbing, begging, and whining stories. This pin is hard to get, I waited from 1:30am to 11:30am to buy it, 2.5 hours in the cold rain I might add. So I worked for it, as did most that got it. Some may have come at 7am and got it but many worked hard, and not just to flip for cash but to have a good trader for our own grails. These are the kinds of pins that are often my only chance at grails of my own. Disney auction princesses and Tink's, DLRP PTN's, etc. Just my $.02.

Of course I don't read the forum for ONE day and something like this comes out! LOL

This is the first pin trader delight pin that I actually like! And not just because it is Rapunzel. :)

The other princess-related PTDs have been a little lackluster design-wise (for me)...and even though Rapunzel is in her standard pin pose...this pin is actually really cute!

If anyone has one for trade check out my traders! :)

I don't mean to stomp down pinpics requests as I received over 20 this morning and many for hidden mickey's or $15 pins from the last 2 or 3 years. I did receive many decent ones also, some from of people I know from DPF or in person. I am not going to trade this pin for just any pin. Or 4 or 5 recent LE's on my wants. When a pin like this comes along you save it for a grail or you hide it in a closet for a year+ and see how high the T/W climbs. I feel this pin will just get harder and harder to acquire in the long term. Justifiably, the reason why all of you scrambling to get it should and are feeling a sense of urgency. There are so many Rapunzel collectors that once these pins go into collections you won't see many after. I know the argument is that all of these pins are in the collecting community, unlike few DSF grails that sat on shelves and went to tourists also. But this is a LE300 pin that I'm sure 100 of the people in line will be keeping one for themselves. I'm guessing there will be 50 very kind souls that will give/zap/trade-easy their extra away to a friend or reciprocal pin picker-upper at another park or Disney location. So that leaves around half for the trade/sale market. That isn't very many and long term those will slowly make their way into collections and only come out when someone is desperate for money. This pin will become a DS.com Up pin, or a DSF Pascal/Maximus, a HTF Marquee, or worthy of a few DA LE100's in the long run. So please don't be upset with all of us that have an extra when we turn your request down. My advice is grab one of the ones on eBay and in two years be so happy you paid a fraction today what it's worth then!
When a guaranteed grail pin comes up you don't just trade it away for anything. You have to be selective and you have to some extent, distance yourself from the sobbing, begging, and whining stories. This pin is hard to get, I waited from 1:30am to 11:30am to buy it, 2.5 hours in the cold rain I might add. So I worked for it, as did most that got it. Some may have come at 7am and got it but many worked hard, and not just to flip for cash but to have a good trader for our own grails. These are the kinds of pins that are often my only chance at grails of my own. Disney auction princesses and Tink's, DLRP PTN's, etc. Just my $.02.

Thanks for writing/informing everyone who wants the pin about what us traders who have the pin are thinking :) After reading all of this, I think I'm going to hold onto my extra that's not up for auction and see what happens. I'd rather be safe than sorry I guess. It's not going under $70-$100 range anytime soon that's for sure.

BTW... I, along with many others here on DPF, were in line since 12 or 1 am! We were literally in line ALL NIGHT, in the rain, putting up with the cold, and getting NO sleep. To top that off, we were in HOLLYWOOD.. dirty, filthy Hollywood. The drive to get there and back home takes up a lot of gas for some people, and all that time we invested in getting this pin! I'm sorry, but I find it really annoying when people go begging for this pin, and saying how they can't afford $100. Sorry, you win some you lose some. I'm not trying to be rude, and I've been plenty nice to some people, but this is a golden ticket pin that I want to get a possible grail with and I won't be trading it for a bunch of 'okay' or 'decent trader' pins.

OKAY, I'm off the soapbox now. . . :)

Last edited:
Thanks for writing/informing everyone who wants the pin about what us traders who have the pin are thinking :) After reading all of this, I think I'm going to hold onto my extra that's not up for auction and see what happens. I'd rather be safe than sorry I guess. It's not going under $70-$100 range anytime soon that's for sure.

BTW... I, along with many others here on DPF, were in line since 12 or 1 am! We were literally in line ALL NIGHT, in the rain, putting up with the cold, and getting NO sleep. To top that off, we were in HOLLYWOOD.. dirty, filthy Hollywood. The drive to get there and back home takes up a lot of gas for some people, and all that time we invested in getting this pin! I'm sorry, but I find it really annoying when people go begging for this pin, and saying how they can't afford $100. Sorry, you win some you lose some. I'm not trying to be rude, and I've been plenty nice to some people, but this is a golden ticket pin that I want to get a possible grail with and I won't be trading it for a bunch of 'okay' or 'decent trader' pins.

OKAY, I'm off the soapbox now. . . :)

i got to agree with Mark and Joey, even though it was our choice to go it was still a miserable night

That isn't very many and long term those will slowly make their way into collections and only come out when someone is desperate for money. This pin will become a DS.com Up pin, or a DSF Pascal/Maximus, a HTF Marquee, or worthy of a few DA LE100's in the long run. So please don't be upset with all of us that have an extra when we turn your request down. My advice is grab one of the ones on eBay and in two years be so happy you paid a fraction today what it's worth then!

I absolutely see your point and value your thinking. I agree with you to a point.

But also think about this: Most of the people who have these pins in their traders right now are the youngens ... who are after older and expensive pins.

Most of the people who want these pins are either
(a) youngens who do not have the $$ or worthy traders for it - so they are at the mercy of generous friends & zappers
(b) old farts (like me) who have the older pins but also some $$ to buy it.

I got so many lop sided offers for this pin this morning. Almost everybody asked either for Designer Belle or Snow White or DA LE 100 pins. Would I trade it ?? Not really.

So, I went and bought me one on the bay.

So, you keep this pin to get your grail. I keep your grail to get my own grail. It is a vicious cycle and the way I see it, only re-sellers win.

Last edited:
Selen! Haha you brat! Ain't nobody got time for le 100s!! (;
Mark, Joey, well spoken!

My shoes ripped at this release, and I had to wear "chanclas aka sandals haha I'll
Trade this pin for a nice new pair of shoes!!!! XD

One more thing about holding on to these pins ....

Are you familiar with , or how about ??

They sold high, they traded hard. And then BAM!! they got scrappered and now they are dime-a-dozen on Ebay. There is also that risk while holding on to pins. Many of my traders got rendered worthless because I am guilty of the same practice :(

Please do not get me wrong. I am not trying to persuade anyone to sell or trade. But, just stretch your thinking based on what I have observed.

Last edited:
It is a vicious cycle and the way I see it, only re-sellers win.

honestly with how cold it was and with the rain i dont blame the re-sellers. And think about it, if it werent for the re-sellers how would most people get their pins. If nobody sold this on ebay a majority of people would have been S.O.L on getting this pin because not all 150 people who bought those pins are on the forum. If nobody turned around and sold these you would have been stuck with trading you designer princesses and auctions 100's.

I just hope that Locostitch gets one out of this, since he is the one that tipped off the entire forum eh? If I had an extra he would be first on my zap list. Then the FL people who need some DSF love.

One more thing abou tholding on to these pins ....

Are you familiar with , or how about ??

They sold high, they traded hard. And then BAM!! they got scrappered and now they are dime-a-dozen on Ebay. There is also that risk while holding on to pins. Many of my traders got rendered worthless because I am guilty of the same practice :(

Amen to that!

I was the only person trading the Alice keyhole on PinPics for MONTHS...and I held onto it in hopes of getting a HTF pin in return since I was the only one trading it. Now that it has been scrapped quite a few people are trading it...and because I don't have the original card how do I prove to someone that it is authentic? It is really disheartening. :(

honestly with how cold it was and with the rain i dont blame the re-sellers. And think about it, if it werent for the re-sellers how would most people get their pins. If nobody sold this on ebay a majority of people would have been S.O.L on getting this pin because not all 150 people who bought those pins are on the forum. If nobody turned around and sold these you would have been stuck with trading you designer princesses and auctions 100's.

By no means am I blaming them. On the contrary, I am very thankful that I was able to get mine :) I am not sure if I would line up all night even if I lived there.

I think I could not make my point very clear:

You are not to gain a whole lot by holding on to these pins or any other new release pin for that matter. Very few people have the grails you'd want among their traders. And those are also the same people that much rather shell the $$ instead of trading a rare, older pin away.

I can find $$, but I can not find the same DA/marquee/Up/insert your own grail pin once I trade it away. So, I will spend my money and keep the HTF pin to get my own grail. Hence, the vicious cycle ;)

Last edited:

Ummm, I personally do not think that the pin would be as successful and pricey if the pin forum was not involved. This thread helped generate a lot of hype and sold a lot of those pins on the bay ... And in no way is an LE 150 Jumbo Designer Princess worth a GWP pin, even if it is Rapunzel. I think the resellers need to take a step back IMHO but that is just me. :)

I also have this pin on my wants as well just in case someone has one and wants a pin on my trades list. I got a few offers for the Tangled Opening Day pin. That's not gonna happen.

Ok everyone stop this thread now and just give me 10 le 100s for my ptd ;p
Selen, I'm gonna go easy on you, you can just trade me
YOUR Sleeping beauty Gomes for my Rapunzel ptd.
Sounds fair to me ;D hahaha

Selen, I'm gonna go easy on you, you can just trade me
YOUR Sleeping beauty Gomes for my Rapunzel ptd.

Ugh ... show off ... :lol:

I have a better idea: We do a 3 way trade.

You trade your Gomes to me. I trade mine to Becky. And Becky can trade hers to you.

Ummm, I personally do not think that the pin would be as successful and pricey if the pin forum was not involved. This thread helped generate a lot of hype and sold a lot of those pins on the bay ... And in no way is an LE 150 Jumbo Designer Princess worth a GWP pin, even if it is Rapunzel. I think the resellers need to take a step back IMHO but that is just me. :)

i never said anything about the pin forum havent no involvement in hyping this pin up because it did. But you dont know how So Cal traders are. Someone on the forum was there when it was changed to Rapunzel and they called their friends about and then their friends called their friends about it and then their friends called them about it. The word spread liked wildfire. If there was nobody selling it on Ebay how else would have everybody get it? Like i said not all 150 people who were there are on the forum and they just would have put it in their trading books for the park. Right now there are 3 trading threads for it and a couple of members bought theirs on ebay. If nobody put theirs on ebay and there are only 3 people who are openly trading, we would be stuck trading whatever those people want for it because the folks who didnt make it more than likely would have to resort giving whatever those 3 people want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back