• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Now I remember why I left Pin trading....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I remember why I left Pin trading....
Hope we will see you live and in person at Mickey's Circus. I met you last year, but never got to meet your wife. Looking forward to this year's event a lot.

I AM TYPING IN CAPS FOR MY OWN EYE REASONS BUT SAW THIS POST AND WANTED/NEEDED TO ADD. I ALSO JUST RETURNED TO PIN TRADING AFTER LEAVING IN 2007 DUE TO THIS TYPE OF THING. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO BRING JOY TO IT AND TO OTHERS. I CHAT EVERY NIGHT WITH WONDERFUL PEOPLE, I SENT OUT 25 ZAPS THIS LAST MONTH AND LAST NIGHT I POSTED A GREAT NEW IDEA TO SEEL MY OVERFLOW OF PINS

"PINS FOR RETAIL, COME TO MY SALE THREAD AND PAY WHAT DISNEY CHARGED WHEN THEY WERE ON THE RACK"

I LISTED ALMOST EVERY PIN I HAD FOR SALE AT DISNEYS ORIGINAL PRICE OR THE EXACT PRICE I PAID FOR IT IN 2002-2007.
(I KEEP GOOD RECORDS LOL) I THOUGHT IT WOULD INSPIRE GOOD WILL AND CREATE SOME HOPE FOR PIN TRADING.

I WAS THEN BOMBARDED WITH EMAILS AND ALMOST EVERY ONE INCLUDED THE 25 RAREST PINS FROM THE POST and nothing else, AND THEY EVEN WERE NICE ENOUGH TO INCLUDE THE ORIGINAL DISNEY COST AND A TOTAL. EVERY ONE OF THEM COMPLETELY IGNORED THE REST OF THE SALE RULES, THE AMOUNT STATED THAT I PAID FOR THESE PINS IF IT WAS NOT RETAIL, AND SAID ILL PAY YOU RIGHT NOW FOR THESE JUST SEND ME YOUR EMAIL. IT JUST FRUSTRATED ME SO MUCH THAT I ENDED THE POST AND CLOSED MY ACCOUNTS TO TRADING.

IT SEEMS THAT NOTHING WILL CHANGE AND EVERY ONE OF THEM WILL KEEP UP THIS GREED MANTALLITY UNTIL PIN TRADING IS DEAD IN THE HEARTS OF SO MANY OF US. IT WAS TOO EARLY TO COME BACK TO TRADING GRUMPY BECAUSE T HAS ONLY WORSENED SINCE WE LEFT.
I LIVE IN NY SO GETTING PINS IS HARD UNLESS I PAY MORE AND I HAVE ONLY BEEN TO ONE PTN IN 2007. I HAVENT BEEN TO DISNEY SINCE 2007 DUE TO PERSONAL REASONS, AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO FOR A FEW MORE UNTIL I HEAL ENOUGH, SO IM NOT AS SCHOOLED AS OTHERS AND I GUESS IM GLAD OF THAT. I DONT WANT TO LOSE CHATTING AND MAKING FRIENDS DUE TO THESE REJECTS SO I AM NOT GOING TO SAY IM OUT. BUT I AM DEFINITLY IN NEED OF A COOL DOWN, i LOST YOU ALL WHEN I LEFT DIZPINS AND DONT WANT THAT AGAIN.

I KNOW THE BOARDS WONT LET YOU NAME NAMES AND CALL PEOPLE OUT BUT I THINK WE NEED TO FIND A WAY TO NOTIFY OTHERS WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE AND WITH IRREVOCABLE PROOF THAT THEY ARE STEALING/SCAMMING WE CAN HVE A LIST OF THEM TO SHARE AMONGST OURSELVES. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO OWNS A WEB COMPANY AND IM GONNA FIND OUT IF HE WILL HOST A WEBSITE FOR US SEPERATE TO THESE FORUMS.
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS TRADED WITH ME THIS MONTH AND WHO HAS MADE MY HARDER NIGHTS HAPPIER IN CHAT. I HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN WHEN MY GLASS IS BACK TO HALF FULL.

HAPPY TRADES
kIRK

Hi Grumpy. I'm new since you left; I hope things go well for you!

Kirk, don't go! You're so much fun to talk to!

I AM TYPING IN CAPS FOR MY OWN EYE REASONS BUT SAW THIS POST AND WANTED/NEEDED TO ADD. I ALSO JUST RETURNED TO PIN TRADING AFTER LEAVING IN 2007 DUE TO THIS TYPE OF THING. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO BRING JOY TO IT AND TO OTHERS. I CHAT EVERY NIGHT WITH WONDERFUL PEOPLE, I SENT OUT 25 ZAPS THIS LAST MONTH AND LAST NIGHT I POSTED A GREAT NEW IDEA TO SEEL MY OVERFLOW OF PINS

"PINS FOR RETAIL, COME TO MY SALE THREAD AND PAY WHAT DISNEY CHARGED WHEN THEY WERE ON THE RACK"

I LISTED ALMOST EVERY PIN I HAD FOR SALE AT DISNEYS ORIGINAL PRICE OR THE EXACT PRICE I PAID FOR IT IN 2002-2007.
(I KEEP GOOD RECORDS LOL) I THOUGHT IT WOULD INSPIRE GOOD WILL AND CREATE SOME HOPE FOR PIN TRADING.

I WAS THEN BOMBARDED WITH EMAILS AND ALMOST EVERY ONE INCLUDED THE 25 RAREST PINS FROM THE POST and nothing else, AND THEY EVEN WERE NICE ENOUGH TO INCLUDE THE ORIGINAL DISNEY COST AND A TOTAL. EVERY ONE OF THEM COMPLETELY IGNORED THE REST OF THE SALE RULES, THE AMOUNT STATED THAT I PAID FOR THESE PINS IF IT WAS NOT RETAIL, AND SAID ILL PAY YOU RIGHT NOW FOR THESE JUST SEND ME YOUR EMAIL. IT JUST FRUSTRATED ME SO MUCH THAT I ENDED THE POST AND CLOSED MY ACCOUNTS TO TRADING.

IT SEEMS THAT NOTHING WILL CHANGE AND EVERY ONE OF THEM WILL KEEP UP THIS GREED MANTALLITY UNTIL PIN TRADING IS DEAD IN THE HEARTS OF SO MANY OF US. IT WAS TOO EARLY TO COME BACK TO TRADING GRUMPY BECAUSE T HAS ONLY WORSENED SINCE WE LEFT.
I LIVE IN NY SO GETTING PINS IS HARD UNLESS I PAY MORE AND I HAVE ONLY BEEN TO ONE PTN IN 2007. I HAVENT BEEN TO DISNEY SINCE 2007 DUE TO PERSONAL REASONS, AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO FOR A FEW MORE UNTIL I HEAL ENOUGH, SO IM NOT AS SCHOOLED AS OTHERS AND I GUESS IM GLAD OF THAT. I DONT WANT TO LOSE CHATTING AND MAKING FRIENDS DUE TO THESE REJECTS SO I AM NOT GOING TO SAY IM OUT. BUT I AM DEFINITLY IN NEED OF A COOL DOWN, i LOST YOU ALL WHEN I LEFT DIZPINS AND DONT WANT THAT AGAIN.

I KNOW THE BOARDS WONT LET YOU NAME NAMES AND CALL PEOPLE OUT BUT I THINK WE NEED TO FIND A WAY TO NOTIFY OTHERS WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE AND WITH IRREVOCABLE PROOF THAT THEY ARE STEALING/SCAMMING WE CAN HVE A LIST OF THEM TO SHARE AMONGST OURSELVES. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO OWNS A WEB COMPANY AND IM GONNA FIND OUT IF HE WILL HOST A WEBSITE FOR US SEPERATE TO THESE FORUMS.
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS TRADED WITH ME THIS MONTH AND WHO HAS MADE MY HARDER NIGHTS HAPPIER IN CHAT. I HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN WHEN MY GLASS IS BACK TO HALF FULL.

HAPPY TRADES
kIRK

Kirk, I will be the first to call it what it is & i agree with you but know this. It's never a bad idea to take a step back from trading & return when you feel it's time. remember this was set up not only to line Disney's pocket but to fill some peoples heart by doing a hobbie that brings them closer to the magic. Yes it is sad when someone comes in & screws it up for the rest of us but there is one thing Walt could not erase when he created DLR & WDW, reality... the reality is there is always someone out there that will screw up a good thing for everyone else, so keep your chin high & your pins next to your heart. They & us will be here when your ready.

BTW: Join a clique, seems to be the way alot of people go.

Yeah i know but these rants and negative posts just keep coming.

As you probably know i tried to start a trusted trader thread with the intention to rechognize excellence in pin trading.
I thought it was a wonderful idea but as usual some people had to add in childish comments and cry about it being unfair. What is so unfair about giving someone who has 20 positive and no negative feedback a nice lapel pin they can wear. Noone complained when only the cowardly lion got a badge of courage. But people just tore it apart. Its fine that they did not like the idea but at least someone is trying something positive.
Needless to say after the 10th time these people complained about them not getting a pin or how it would make people feel bad, i just ended the post.

I am glad yo came back feeling better. A day is not bad, 6 years was just enough for me. Lol

we need a negative post forum where people can complain all they want and none of us have to see it on the regular forums.

Happy trades
kirk

I thought it was a wonderful idea but as usual some people had to add in childish comments and cry about it being unfair. What is so unfair about giving someone who has 20 positive and no negative feedback a nice lapel pin they can wear.

Wow...that was uncalled for. Just because some people didn't like/agree with what you were doing doesn't mean they were making "childish comments" or "cry[ing] about it being unfair". It was a flawed concept plain and simple and people were just expressing their concerns. You are entitled to your opinions and so is everyone else.

Wow...that was uncalled for. Just because some people didn't like/agree with what you were doing doesn't mean they were making "childish comments" or "cry[ing] about it being unfair". It was a flawed concept plain and simple and people were just expressing their concerns. You are entitled to your opinions and so is everyone else.

+1... but lets get back to this thread topic.

As a PP said, sometimes you need to take a step away for a bit to re-organize, take a break or just see things from a diff perspective. Welcome back to the trade, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :)

+1... but lets get back to this thread topic.

As a PP said, sometimes you need to take a step away for a bit to re-organize, take a break or just see things from a diff perspective. Welcome back to the trade, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :)
+1 , with help from my therapist, do I ever hear that . I Agree ! Thank You kristine . :hug:

wow...that was uncalled for. Just because some people didn't like/agree with what you were doing doesn't mean they were making "childish comments" or "cry[ing] about it being unfair". It was a flawed concept plain and simple and people were just expressing their concerns. You are entitled to your opinions and so is everyone else.

i agree, it was wrong to go onto someone elses post and post something that had little to do with the topic.
I will say that the childish comment thing was the joking about using caps, since i cant see the words on the screen, not you erudolf, and i did not mean literal crying i meant going off topic to say they were not mentioned instead of adding positive imput to the post.
Your points were valid and i did not say they werent but i still think if a person is involved in trading and has done alot for the community, they should be recognized. I thought making these pins would bring up spirits and show a connection with other traders. Thats all

happy trades and no worries
kirk

did i mentionwelcome back grumpy?

i agree, it was wrong to go onto someone elses post and post something that had little to do with the topic.
I will say that the childish comment thing was the joking about using caps, since i cant see the words on the screen, not you erudolf, and i did not mean literal crying i meant going off topic to say they were not mentioned instead of adding positive imput to the post.
Your points were valid and i did not say they werent but i still think if a person is involved in trading and has done alot for the community, they should be recognized. I thought making these pins would bring up spirits and show a connection with other traders. Thats all

happy trades and no worries
kirk

did i mentionwelcome back grumpy?

Lol...just in case you didn't know, Grumpy hates competition complaining is my job :p. Just take a break bud. If you want to talk some more just PM me. Thank you everyone. I live in Orl. Fl. & I do go to trading nights so feel free to hook up with me at one. Cya'll l8tr!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back