• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Pics down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin Pics down
I gave it one last "college" try and it took my login and password just fine. I clicked on "What's New" and it stayed logged on as me so I quickly saved my profile. Then I went to look at the new pins and then I noticed a new email and it was no longer me logged in.

Its got me freaked out that the database is changing people's profile so easily. Sometimes I go to the page and it's already logged in as another person.

At the moment it's working perfectly for me (for the first time in days). No logouts or logins to random user accounts so far...

Update: :mad::mad::mad: spoke too soon

Last edited:
This whole thing makes me very unhappy with PinPics. This is a serious problem to have such a lack of security that everyone can log in under different profiles . . . and PinPics doesn't even have the courtesy to make an announcement about this. We tried to delete our PMs, since those have address info and stuff that other people should not have access to, but the site gives an error when you try to delete. At least, that's what's happening today when we're trying.

This whole thing makes me very unhappy with PinPics. This is a serious problem to have such a lack of security that everyone can log in under different profiles . . . and PinPics doesn't even have the courtesy to make an announcement about this. We tried to delete our PMs, since those have address info and stuff that other people should not have access to, but the site gives an error when you try to delete. At least, that's what's happening today when we're trying.
Hey, now I am you on pinpics! I won't touch any of your "stuff". This has got to stop.

mine was someone else's sign on went to put mine in no dice would not let me in bummer, they need to fix and stop playing virtual games and fix this site, not a fan of those virtual games or whatever they call them

I'm signed in as

chaith1​

today.
well, I just went to pinpics and apparently, I am you.

EDIT: and the site won't let me log out of your account. I keep clicking "Logout" and it keeps taking me back to this exact page.

184956117_10158313206719315_4036274266261150235_n.jpg

My reply from facebook: They've been trying to get a programmer that can fix this, so sorry for the inconvenience

I logged in as Peroxidepest17, Eefeyes, and one more person all at the same time... loads of fun! I'm officially moving everything I can to Pintrading database. Hopefully everything will work out well for the PinPics but this is nuts.

I logged in as Peroxidepest17, Eefeyes, and one more person all at the same time... loads of fun! I'm officially moving everything I can to Pintrading database. Hopefully everything will work out well for the PinPics but this is nuts.
Sis and I have had everything totally listed on PTDB for over a year, and we try to trade there as often as possible. Sadly, it's very few and far between to get people to answer you over there. It's too bad, because it's a great platform . . . and obviously under much better management than PinPics. :)

At least, in my experience, when logged in as anyone else it will not let me access their inbox

For those in the US, I highly recommend getting a post office box for pin mail to be sent to. The cheapest one is $200/year (at the post office, although it really depends on location). I don't know how much it is at the UPS store or Postal Annex

Sis and I have had everything totally listed on PTDB for over a year, and we try to trade there as often as possible. Sadly, it's very few and far between to get people to answer you over there. It's too bad, because it's a great platform . . . and obviously under much better management than PinPics. :)
I just taught someone how to send a message on that site and left a review for them on the profile section. I think this one of the better options out there right now. I have time to explore the opportunities that PTDB has so hopefully I will find useful information.

Hopefully it works out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back