• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Pics down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin Pics down
I know the purpose of sites like Pin Pics is to facilitate pin trades, but this isn't the way to do it. It seems more likely to create identity crises if one doesn't know into whose account one will be signing into at any given time. It's good for a laugh, but not much else, and the joke will wear thin soon; I really hope they get this sorted quickly.

I know the purpose of sites like Pin Pics is to facilitate pin trades, but this isn't the way to do it. It seems more likely to create identity crises if one doesn't know into whose account one will be signing into at any given time. It's good for a laugh, but not much else, and the joke will wear thin soon; I really hope they get this sorted quickly.

Oh - it’s definitely not a good thing, it’s frustrating and unsettling. I think those of us who are poking fun and complimenting other’s screen names are just finding the silver lining in the scary hot mess of a thunderstorm that is PinPics right now.

Obviously hoping for a resolution sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh - it’s definitely not a good thing, it’s frustrating and unsettling. I think those of us who are poking fun and complimenting other’s screen names are just finding the silver lining in the scary hot mess of a thunderstorm that is PinPics right now.

Obviously hoping for a resolution sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, believe me, I know what a scary hot mess this is. I fully intended my previous comment as sarcastic commentary on the disaster that they've got going; I apologize that it didn't seem to translate the way I meant. It was aimed 100% at Pin Pics, not intended to minimize the frustration and distress experienced by everyone whose accounts have been messed up.

Now I can't log in at all, which honestly is less amusing but far better than being logged into someone else's account! This doesn't even seem like a hack job anymore, it seems more like the whole site/server/whatever has just gone yampy. There have been so many different issues, I wonder what's next! =/

Type in my username and password.... I get sent back to the front page. Type in my username and password again.... slowly.... hunt-n-peck so I get it correct..... I get sent back to the front page. UGH.

Can't log in today AM.
i just want to thank you. i randomly clicked your link after trying to log in myself and BOOM!!! I WAS IN MY OWN ACCOUNT LOOKING AT OUR MATCHES!!!

i was able to print off all my collection wants and trades which i hacve been desperate to do for DAYS. bless you, Sir. BLESS YOU.

if i do too many things and change screens too many times i get logged out. but if ikeep using figment919s link to his wants it pulls me intoMY OWN account and i can see our matches!!!

SO I can't log in but if I click on the "Whats New" bar it takes me to a screen where I am logged in and can see my pin profile?? What the hell is going on!!

I just tried again and it’s wonky but you can get there. Login with your name/password (this is on computer). Screen will refresh and look like you didn’t login. Click gallery and you’ll see your welcome name refreshed to some random person from the sounds of it.... but then go ahead and click My Pins Profile and it will jump back to your pins. Then print. Now. That’s my 2 cents.

(On phone - after login, click search members and it seems to skip over the step of showing random other account name and then you can click right on “my pins profile”).

Edit note: don’t deviate from the steps I listed because a little more testing and I could have navigated to and messed with the pin profile for my random person

Wondering if it might be benificial to archive the whole pinpics website, so that if it gets lost we don't lose all the pin data. Looking into tools for how to do this. I looked on wayback machine but seems like it has an issue crawling the site as it doesn't show anything. Though I just did a manual snapshot save on Wayback and it looks like it captured things, but when I try to go to pin pages it brings up nothing.

EDIT: Nevermind, when I went back to look at the snapshot on Wayback Machine, it brings up the "Welcome to the US Petabox" thing again. Sigh.

I just tried again and it’s wonky but you can get there. Login with your name/password (this is on computer). Screen will refresh and look like you didn’t login. Click gallery and you’ll see your welcome name refreshed to some random person from the sounds of it.... but then go ahead and click My Pins Profile and it will jump back to your pins. Then print. Now. That’s my 2 cents.

(On phone - after login, click search members and it seems to skip over the step of showing random other account name and then you can click right on “my pins profile”).

Edit note: don’t deviate from the steps I listed because a little more testing and I could have navigated to and messed with the pin profile for my random person
I tried this and it logged me into another account and then when I clicked on my pins profile it took me to another different account. This is crazy!

I tried this and it logged me into another account and then when I clicked on my pins profile it took me to another different account. This is crazy!
Seriously? Darn it. I was sure I had found a work around - tested it with both my account and my son’s. Sorry - I tried.

This was helpful. Thanks

I was logged in on a few screens as someone else, but after a few clicks I mainly was in my account.

What a total nightmare scenario being logged into someone’s account. Even if it comes back up they really can’t be trusted ever again

Logging in... getting the refresh where it looks like I am not logged in, but then clicking on the gallery worked for me. I then was logged in as someone else (when I clicked on the gallery.) I then clicked on "My Pin Profile" and I was logged in as myself. I was able to stay logged in for a good period of time both times I have tried this. Once I became logged in as someone else in the middle of comparing wants/trades.

Its definitely weird... and I wonder if the Pinpics owners even know (or care?) its happening. Perhaps its related to all the ads they now are posting. The programing is going wonky for traders as the owners prioritize making money.

None of this really bothers me... If Pinpics happens to work... great, but at this point I have very low expectations from Pinpics in general.

Logging in... getting the refresh where it looks like I am not logged in, but then clicking on the gallery worked for me. I then was logged in as someone else (when I clicked on the gallery.) I then clicked on "My Pin Profile" and I was logged in as myself. I was able to stay logged in for a good period of time both times I have tried this. Once I became logged in as someone else in the middle of comparing wants/trades.

Its definitely weird... and I wonder if the Pinpics owners even know (or care?) its happening. Perhaps its related to all the ads they now are posting. The programing is going wonky for traders as the owners prioritize making money.

None of this really bothers me... If Pinpics happens to work... great, but at this point I have very low expectations from Pinpics in general.
I'm glad my workaround worked for at least one other person! It's definitely worth trying those steps if you just need to get a copy of your owns/wants/trades. But for those trying to get to their inbox - that's when it got wonky for me so all bets are off after those initial steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back