• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Pics down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin Pics down
i just want to thank you. i randomly clicked your link after trying to log in myself and BOOM!!! I WAS IN MY OWN ACCOUNT LOOKING AT OUR MATCHES!!!

i was able to print off all my collection wants and trades which i hacve been desperate to do for DAYS. bless you, Sir. BLESS YOU.

This worked for me, i just hard copy printed my pins from the main html at 60% made about 4 pages for each 100 pins but i got the full titles and pics for everything. Anyway clicking through the link like you mentioned put me straight into my account which is weird because I never logged in, which is weird considering pinpics always always made me relog in.

also clicking to there forum link gave me a yellow warning screen indicating that the site was not safe to visit and so i didn't continue.

i'm sure people have thought of this but in addition to eventually changing your password if pinpics comes back. be sure to check if you used the same username password combo anywhere else on the net and change your passwords there as well, in case the hackers try to use the password emails that they may have gotten from pinpics elsewhere to gain access. (just advise from one surfer to others not an expert so do your own due dilligence.)

Last edited:
I've been able to log on this morning but only after many clicks: I log on and it goes back to the main page showing I'm not logged in, but after clicking around gallery, Pinpics U, etc. for a while it eventually shows me logged in. If I open a pin page after I'm logged in, it seems to look the same as before.

That's happened to me a few times, but if I keep trying to log in as myself and clicking around different screens I eventually end up logged in as myself and I can get to my profile and my messages. (I did, however, find a new pin in my traders - so I guess someone else added it while they were unknowingly logged in to my account rather than their own.)

It's only getting worse. Once again, logged in as someone else, but this time when I click on their inbox, it doesn't give an error - it's actually letting me into their inbox...

edit: and yes, for inquiring minds, I went ahead and logged them out.

Last edited:
wow. so after putting in a weeks of work on pintradingdatabase i get "BANNED" till the 22nd for 'not long enough description' and 'BAD PICTURES'....seriously...?

wow. so after putting in a weeks of work on pintradingdatabase i get "BANNED" till the 22nd for 'not long enough description' and 'BAD PICTURES'....seriously...?

Yes. When you don't fix the pictures like I ask you nicely to and your titles have PinPics #s in them, yup, you get banned while I go fix all the issues. I don't have enough time in the day to go and fix bad listings that have no information (date of release, LE always marked as zero [and not even changed to open edition] and when you copy and paste PinPics descriptions for others, yes, you get banned.

I have to go in and fix the listings so to give me time to do that, I ban the people that mess things up so that I don't have even more to fix.

i just don't undestand why the admin was so angry... they were terse in the messages in the first place, which i can't even see anymore of course.. :/ everyone gets frustrated but you have to remember you don't know who you are talking to on the other end. i tried my BUTT off to get it right; i spent over an hour and made 4, MAYBE 5(?) listings that were NOT GOOD ENOUGH, not WRONG; but not good enough. i have a degree in graphic design and because of that STUPID head injury am now disabled...just think about how the message here reads to me now. ..im tearing up again just typing THIS..jesus..i used to WORK, EXCLUSIVELY, online and with computers...they cut me down so hard i felt like a child being reprimanded for taking a cookie before supper...

i've contacted who i care to remain in contact with and will be deleting all profiles from these forums AND ptdb once i'm allowed back. i don't need to be made to feel small for not understanding some outdated website.

I wonder if all the different accounts that are being logged into are only the accounts of the people who have tried to log in since all this started.

Just curious because I haven't tried yet, and I sort of wanted to see if I could get on today, but I'm not sure if I want to throw my account "into the ring", if that's the case.

This happened to us as well a long time ago - instead I now sit and patiently wait for pins to be added so I can add them to our traders and personal collection. I didn’t enjoy being reprimanded like a child either - perhaps communication through an online platform allows people in “power” to delegate Willy-nilly.

Perhaps the coding could be changed to change the orientation of the images (since this is an issue of great concern and frustration). Even when the picture we took was changed to the correct orientation on an editing program, the picture was still changed to the wrong orientation

Also, I have several pins that I have changed the quantity available for trade to 0 but it still says I have one - it can’t be fixed on my end. EX: 36674 Meeko Loungefly Princess Sidekicks.

No need for being rude - plus it’s not like there’s a good example of what you expect from people who want to input info in the SECTION where you are able to make entries.
Oh yes and one last thing, I’ve seen plenty of images and descriptions copied and pasted from Loungefly, Hot Topic, and Boxlunch, etc. on accepted items in the database so why is it unacceptable for someone to copy and paste what’s in the entry from PinPics or BLURRY FREAKING PHOTOS/CONCEPT ART from their ORIGINAL retailers or have real in person photos that are more blurry than the concept art!! PinPics and PTDB have entries copied and pasted from other sites too that AREN’T EVEN ACCURATE. Your 4th “rule” when inputting data for a new entry is:
  • For the love of god don't plagiarize material. Use your own pics and description please.

Compare this rule to the 40851 Star Wars popsicles by Loungefly. This is a HOT TOPIC exclusive box... NOT available at Boxlunch but yet this entry specifically has “Decription and Picture from Boxlunch”. Also wanted to know when the 40855 Star Wars Lenticular entry with the Russian characters and video link be fixed on your entry.

Just saying... let’s all chill out and think about how to address certain issues because there are some obvious flaws in any databse system no matter how new or familiar you are to how they work. Treating each other like the adults we are supposed to be (especially when being addressed on a PUBLIC platform like this forum) would help greatly in the morale to aid in the preservation and continual addition of data to the PTDB... given that administration on here seems to be consistently asking for assistance in making the database better. We could work on our people skills at the same time.

I don’t care about ptdb, but it’s hilarious for you to rant and then follow through with let’s all chill. It’s hypocritical. And for you guys to demand to be treated like adults you two sure are acting like children getting so emotional over something so meager. It’s not that big a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t care about ptdb, but it’s hilarious for you to rant and then follow through with let’s all chill. It’s hypocritical. And for you guys to demand to be treated like adults you two sure are acting like children getting so emotional over something so meager. It’s not that big a deal.

This is just more of a side note. I do think that the way mods (not any one mod in particular) speak to members sometimes could be gentler.

I also think strong conversations between members should be had through private message.

But this is just my 2 cents.

Just my 2 cents... pinpics is known for threatening lawsuits (not sure if they have carried through, anyone remember the pin recognition app that would find the pin in PP?). pinpics has watermarked all of their images (even though they did not take most of them). Ptdb is probably trying to avoid a lawsuit.

As for tone... unless someone is using a bunch of emojis OR you know them very well it is almost impossible to determine which tone is being used. Try to read the messages without the tone. (Has anyone seen the Mr. Show where a character writes sarcastic letters?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back