• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN & POP PIN & POP Site Announcements & Ideas

PIN & POP PIN & POP Site Announcements & Ideas
There's a Zoom meeting going on now!!!

It has been a while since we had a fun night talking about pins and hanging out. So tonight we will be on zoom to have fun with our community.

We will start the night off with an "Ask Me Anything" with myself and Chris. This is the perfect time to get anything you've been curious about answered. If you have wondered why we started Pin & Pop, have specific questions about Trade Arcade or want to know more about us this is the perfect time to ask us any question.

After that we will have a hang out where you can share.

Zoom Details:
Jennifer Nickols is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: PIn & Pop AMA & Hang Out

Time: Feb 28, 2024 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 817 2188 4341
Passcode: 861451

Find your local number: Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing

There's a Zoom meeting going on now!!!

It has been a while since we had a fun night talking about pins and hanging out. So tonight we will be on zoom to have fun with our community.

We will start the night off with an "Ask Me Anything" with myself and Chris. This is the perfect time to get anything you've been curious about answered. If you have wondered why we started Pin & Pop, have specific questions about Trade Arcade or want to know more about us this is the perfect time to ask us any question.

After that we will have a hang out where you can share.

Zoom Details:
Jennifer Nickols is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: PIn & Pop AMA & Hang Out

Time: Feb 28, 2024 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 817 2188 4341
Passcode: 861451

Find your local number: Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing
was there a recording? :eek:

The new Pin Collector Profile page shows your collection interests, pin collection counts, PIN & POP trade history and links to where visitors can find you to trade with you, buy from you or connect with you.

Trader Jenn's Profile
pinandpop-collector-profile-2024-02-28.jpg

We've also added and ISO Match feature so that a visitor to your profile can quickly see which pins they're trading that you want and vice versa.

We'll be adding more functionality to this profile as well as permission controls to fine tune what information you want visitors to see.

The new Pin Collector Profile page shows your collection interests, pin collection counts, PIN & POP trade history and links to where visitors can find you to trade with you, buy from you or connect with you.

Trader Jenn's Profile

We've also added and ISO Match feature so that a visitor to your profile can quickly see which pins they're trading that you want and vice versa.

We'll be adding more functionality to this profile as well as permission controls to fine tune what information you want visitors to see.
this. is. awesome!

well done guys :D

Trader Jenn's Profile

Looks great! But Trader Jenn needs to work on her grail slaying. :) :cool:

Trader Jenn's Profile

What does the "Collected" number represent?

Thanks, but I've never marked anything as Owns and I have a pretty big number there. Unless everything I marked as a trader is automatically considered an Owns, but then I would expect this number to be at least as big as my Traders but it's smaller.

Thanks, but I've never marked anything as Owns and I have a pretty big number there. Unless everything I marked as a trader is automatically considered an Owns, but then I would expect this number to be at least as big as my Traders but it's smaller.
Weird. I would think it would be your traders too, maybe if you have multiple of the same pin logged it counts each one for traders but only one for collections?

Chris - will we be able to find the person’s page? Like if I am looking for a certain pin can I find who has it? Or do I have to know the person to find their pins?

Good question then. :)

Reactions: Ajk
Chris - will we be able to find the person’s page? Like if I am looking for a certain pin can I find who has it? Or do I have to know the person to find their pins?
At this time we won’t be doing anything like a directory of members or a search to find who has a specific pin.

Based on the new profile settings, mentions of the member can be turned into links to their profile. These mentions are on the pins pages to show who added the pin or pin photos and on the Trade Arcade High Scores page to show who gave a grail.

We’re also going to integrate links to the profile in Trade Arcade.

These links can be turned off in the new profile settings for members that like the anonymity. In this case we still plan on showing the “Accepts Trades” and “Pins In-Hand” ratings in Trade Arcade.

This profile is very much a work in progress so based on feedback we’ll continue to tweak it.

What does the "Collected" number represent?
Yes, this represents the number of owned pins... and actually, based on feedback we've changed the label back to "Owned" and have removed Traders from this list so it should only represent pins you've marked as Owned without including Traders.

Another thing to note is that these counts will include any loungefly bags you've selected as Own, ISO, or Trade as well.

Yes, this represents the number of owned pins... and actually, based on feedback we've changed the label back to "Owned" and have removed Traders from this list so it should only represent pins you've marked as Owned without including Traders.

Another thing to note is that these counts will include any loungefly bags you've selected as Own, ISO, or Trade as well.
Thanks. The new configuration makes more sense to me and also reflects what I would expect (zero for me).

Like the QR code. When I was playing around with building my own site, one of the things I had on my to do list (but never got far enough to work on) was to figure out a way so that Profiles and lists weren't open to everyone, but still easy to share with friends and frequent trading partners, "if they had a code or something." It's so nice to see so many things on my list of things that could or should be improved upon come to fruition.

A couple quick P&P updates:
  1. We've added My Pin Central IDs to the pins views and we are planning to make it easier to export from P&P to MPC (and import from MPC to P&P). It takes a lot of time to get collections setup in a pin db so if we can make collections more "portable" then collectors will be able to get more benefits from the different dbs.
  2. We've added the Log Book data to the CSV/spreadsheet export (VIP Members only) ...
    1. Go to your Owns or Traders
    2. Click the list icon to enter into the List View
    3. Select which pins you want to export
    4. Click the Export button to download the spreadsheet

Excellent updates!

One suggestion:
I realize we can change the setting ourselves, but I wonder if users would be logging a lot more ISOs, Traders and Grails if the default setting for the /pins page was "Newly added" rather than "Newly released." Users who are just browsing (and don't know to change their view settings) are often seeing the same "new" 24 pins every day (which are often very low quality proposed digital artwork for a pin rather than an actual photograph). They could be seeing instead more potential ISOs from the very busy daily listing activity on your site if "Newly added" were the default view.

Congrats on the success of the site. It's really a lot of fun!

Excellent updates!

One suggestion:
I realize we can change the setting ourselves, but I wonder if users would be logging a lot more ISOs, Traders and Grails if the default setting for the /pins page was "Newly added" rather than "Newly released." Users who are just browsing (and don't know to change their view settings) are often seeing the same "new" 24 pins every day (which are often very low quality proposed digital artwork for a pin rather than an actual photograph). They could be seeing instead more potential ISOs from the very busy daily listing activity on your site if "Newly added" were the default view.

Congrats on the success of the site. It's really a lot of fun!
totally agree... "Newly Added" is the filter I always go to and would love for it to be the default.

More March Updates...​

• We've changed the default pin sorting to be Newly Added instead of Newly Released (thanks to everyone who suggested it!).
    A feature that's related to helping you keep your collection up-to-date (but kinda hidden) is the Discover Recommendations link on the Dashboard. Logged in users can directly get to it here: PIN & POP This shows all the pins that have been added to the site broken up by week and organized by your Interest Tags.
  • We've improved the Trade Arcade visited table labeling so that:
    • It's easier to see as you scroll
    • It's saved across browsers and devices
    • It can be reset whenever you want.
pinandpop-ta-visted-reset-2024-03-15.png

New Trade Arcade Visited and Reset Visited features

More March Updates...​

• We've changed the default pin sorting to be Newly Added instead of Newly Released (thanks to everyone who suggested it!).
    A feature that's related to helping you keep your collection up-to-date (but kinda hidden) is the Discover Recommendations link on the Dashboard. Logged in users can directly get to it here: PIN & POP This shows all the pins that have been added to the site broken up by week and organized by your Interest Tags.
  • We've improved the Trade Arcade visited table labeling so that:
    • It's easier to see as you scroll
    • It's saved across browsers and devices
    • It can be reset whenever you want.
pinandpop-ta-visted-reset-2024-03-15.png

New Trade Arcade Visited and Reset Visited features
Nice updates!

Back