• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly ā€” This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN & POP PIN & POP Site Announcements & Ideas

More March Updates...​

• We've changed the default pin sorting to be Newly Added instead of Newly Released (thanks to everyone who suggested it!).
Hey Chris, about this one...

If I want to flip to another sort it takes me to the list of all 69,xxx pins. So for example, I can search Belle and it gives me 1023 pins, but switching to another sort filter gives me everything.

Hey Chris, about this one...

If I want to flip to another sort it takes me to the list of all 69,xxx pins. So for example, I can search Belle and it gives me 1023 pins, but switching to another sort filter gives me everything.
Hope, use the Sort selector inside the Filters box after you've done a search and it should just modify the sort of the search query.

The Show selector is only for viewing all pins and I should probably figure out how to hide it if a search or filters are applied because I know it's confusing.

Hope, use the Sort selector inside the Filters box after you've done a search and it should just modify the sort of the search query.

The Show selector is only for viewing all pins and I should probably figure out how to hide it if a search or filters are applied because I know it's confusing.
Thanks. I figured I was missing something.

In light on the question on FB about reminder emails, I was wondering if it would be possible to arrange the Trades Made page by Processing Step. When photos are available and needs review, those get popped to the top of the list. So I was wondering if a pin's status was changed to "Shipping" if those would fall to the bottom of the list, so that when you went to check status, you didn't have to scroll...because the pins remaining would all be at the top of the page. Maybe, help those people who thought they had approved everything, but oopsie forgot one and didn't see it, because it was buried in the middle.

In light on the question on FB about reminder emails, I was wondering if it would be possible to arrange the Trades Made page by Processing Step. When photos are available and needs review, those get popped to the top of the list. So I was wondering if a pin's status was changed to "Shipping" if those would fall to the bottom of the list, so that when you went to check status, you didn't have to scroll...because the pins remaining would all be at the top of the page. Maybe, help those people who thought they had approved everything, but oopsie forgot one and didn't see it, because it was buried in the middle.
Definitely a good idea that I'll add to my list. It can be a lot to scroll through especially if you've had a successful Trade Arcade.

April Updates​

The Dashboard has been redesigned to match the new theme (with light mode and dark mode versions)
  • Trade notifications should be better to navigate and easier to get them out of the way
  • Collection Recommendations show you pins that have been recently added to the site that match your interests
  • There's a dedicated section for your Trade Arcade information (Virtual Table, Tokens, Pending Trades, and Trades Won)
  • The "Getting Started" help menu can be dismissed and recalled any time

pinandpop-dashboard-2024-04-02.png

Let me know what other information you like to see on your new PIN & POP Dashboard!

You might need to rethink the below circled field. I presume this should show how many of my 16 lifetime trades were ISOs. Which for me would be pretty much all of them. I think you are looking at the current ISO status of the pins I traded which of course would be not an ISO since I traded for it and changed its status. Thus this will always only show how many of my trades in the current event are ISO since I havenā€™t updated statuses yet. You probably need to record the iso (and grail) status at the time of the trade and reference it here. Unless you intend to only show the ISOs for the current event in which case ignore all that and just rename the box.

dcca44b2e052c75767f98b2b9405f559.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might need to rethink the below circled field. I presume this should show how many of my 16 lifetime trades were ISOs. Which for me would be pretty much all of them. I think you are looking at the current ISO status of the pins I traded which of course would be not an ISO since I traded for it and changed its status. Thus this will always only show how many of my trades in the current event are ISO since I havenā€™t updated statuses yet. You probably need to record the iso (and grail) status at the time of the trade and reference it here. Unless you intend to only show the ISOs for the current event in which case ignore all that and just rename the box.

Did you just get a table recently or have you had one the whole time you have traded on the site? I think it only records your ISOs acquired after you become a VIP, but I could be wrong.

Yes, it looks like there was an error with the calculation. It should be fixed now. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

Reactions: Ajk
We've received some great feedback on how the new profile integrates with Trade Arcade and we're planning some experiments with the next event accordingly ...
  1. We will revert to making all Traders anonymous in the Trade Offers view but will show their Username when a trade is accepted (unless they've marked their profile as private)
  2. All references to traders throughout Trade Arcade should use their Username and not their real name (if you find a real name let me know so I can fix it)
  3. We will make the Accepts Trades and Pins-In-Hand ratings available on the Virtual Tables and on the Trade Offers view regardless if the Trader has chosen to make their Profile public or private. This should help some make an informed decision about what kind of trader they want to trade with without needing access to their full profile.
  4. We are also looking at adding a third rating (something like Ships on Time) to "reward" those who ship their pins out quickly. This probably won't make it into the next TA as we need to think through how to make this fair for international shippers as well as how to make sure it's actually shipped instead of just having a tracking number generated.
Small tweaks but hopefully they improve the experience and keep Trade Arcade going in the right direction.

Thanks to everyone who has given feedback! Let me know what you think and what other improvements you'd like to see.

Thanks for the update!!

I was logging some pins yesterday, and it would be really great to be able to upload at least 2-3 pictures per pin. I'd love to be able to show a picture of the pin itself, the back of the pin, and the packaging/backer cards it comes on. I don't know how feasible this is, but I thought it would be something to point out for the long run.

We've received some great feedback on how the new profile integrates with Trade Arcade and we're planning some experiments with the next event accordingly ...
  1. We will revert to making all Traders anonymous in the Trade Offers view but will show their Username when a trade is accepted (unless they've marked their profile as private)
  2. All references to traders throughout Trade Arcade should use their Username and not their real name (if you find a real name let me know so I can fix it)
  3. We will make the Accepts Trades and Pins-In-Hand ratings available on the Virtual Tables and on the Trade Offers view regardless if the Trader has chosen to make their Profile public or private. This should help some make an informed decision about what kind of trader they want to trade with without needing access to their full profile.
  4. We are also looking at adding a third rating (something like Ships on Time) to "reward" those who ship their pins out quickly. This probably won't make it into the next TA as we need to think through how to make this fair for international shippers as well as how to make sure it's actually shipped instead of just having a tracking number generated.
Small tweaks but hopefully they improve the experience and keep Trade Arcade going in the right direction.

Thanks to everyone who has given feedback! Let me know what you think and what other improvements you'd like to see.
These are all GREAT adjustments.

For #4, it might be too much manual effort (unless USPS has an interface/API with the info) but I suggest using the date that USPS (or International equivalent) lists the package as received. To your point, that's what matters, not when the tracking number is created. And at that point, if it takes extra long, it's not really the sender's fault. I suggest also cutting down the time to do that (hand off the pins to the PO) to one week. Pretty much any time someone trades with someone else, you wouldn't expect them to take more than (or even close to) a week to get the pins out.

Thanks for the update!!

I was logging some pins yesterday, and it would be really great to be able to upload at least 2-3 pictures per pin. I'd love to be able to show a picture of the pin itself, the back of the pin, and the packaging/backer cards it comes on. I don't know how feasible this is, but I thought it would be something to point out for the long run.
Great suggestion!

I'm in the process of rebuilding the Pin Details view and we want to intuitively support more images and be able to provide a brief description and label (front, back, inside, etc.). We're also planning out how to organize the images based on if it's an AP, PP, or other variant as well as if it's a fake / scrapper. I'll investigate also adding the ability to upload multiple images for this redesign too.

Hi there Chris

Curious on how P&P Trades : Gives ISOs & Grails rating works?
Hello,

Gives ISOs & Grails is based on a percentage of trades made where an ISO or Grail was given in trade. I don't consider that rating as important to trader status as Accepts Trades and Pins-In-Hand, but it is useful to highlight and recognize some traders who are giving a high percentage of ISOs and Grails to other members of the community. I could see us adding Gives Zaps or something similar here in the future as well to encourage and recognize generous traders.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions or concerns around this or any other rating.

Hello,

Gives ISOs & Grails is based on a percentage of trades made where an ISO or Grail was given in trade. I don't consider that rating as important to trader status as Accepts Trades and Pins-In-Hand, but it is useful to highlight and recognize some traders who are giving a high percentage of ISOs and Grails to other members of the community. I could see us adding Gives Zaps or something similar here in the future as well to encourage and recognize generous traders.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions or concerns around this or any other rating.

Thank you Chris for your responseā€¦ at least this gives me an idea on how this one was calculatedā€¦

These are all GREAT adjustments.

For #4, it might be too much manual effort (unless USPS has an interface/API with the info) but I suggest using the date that USPS (or International equivalent) lists the package as received. To your point, that's what matters, not when the tracking number is created. And at that point, if it takes extra long, it's not really the sender's fault. I suggest also cutting down the time to do that (hand off the pins to the PO) to one week. Pretty much any time someone trades with someone else, you wouldn't expect them to take more than (or even close to) a week to get the pins out.

I agree.

Although I haven't traded (yet) on P&P, it seems that giving the traders 2 weeks to even ship out their pins is pretty long. Presumably, the trader(s) will have their pins out for the trade arcade so they know what they have available to trade and what they don't. Then, inevitably, at the end of two weeks, someone has an emergency. What caused them to wait 2 weeks to begin with? Yes, I know, real life does get in the way of trading life, that's why I haven't traded online in a while.

If anyone ships via PirateShip, I've noticed that if you drop it off at the post office at their self-service kiosks + package mailing area, the post office won't scan the package until it reaches an origin facility., which sometimes is that same day, sometimes the next day, sometimes two days later. If you stand in line to get the package scanned by a postal clerk, sometimes it will update quicker but sometimes not.

Agree regarding the posts to shorten the shipping time. Two weeks is too long IMO. One week is plenty of grace time to get the pins shipped. If one week is not enough for any extenuating reason, then an extension could be provided. But in general, one week is a reasonable expectation for the average trader.

I am probably one of the outliers on this one, but I appreciate the 2 week window. My work-life balance is lacking balance. If it isnā€™t work, the majority of my time is spent taking care of the little ones. The extra time has been helpful for me to pack everything up and check for card backers since my backers are stored in different areas.

I personally appreciated the two week window on this last Trade Arcade. I ended up getting sick the Thursday after TA closed, and literally did not leave the house until the next Tuesday to get it shipped. I felt so guilty but I just felt horrible.

Back