• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN & POP PIN & POP Site Announcements & Ideas

PIN & POP PIN & POP Site Announcements & Ideas

Chris Nickols

PinandPop.com
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey DPF!

We're always adding features and functionality to the P&P site and, most the time, I haven't done a very good job announcing updates or giving anyone a heads-up... so hopefully, this thread improves that trend.

Also please feel free to submit ideas or even offer (fair) critiques of our site, events or processes. Our desire is to always continuously improve and we believe many in this community have already helped us so much with letting us know what is working and what is not.

Most Recent Updates:
  • New Pin Collector Profiles - More details to come...
    every free account now comes with a Pin Collector Profile that can be shared with other collectors / traders. I'll be posting more about this soon.

• Made "Owns" hidden / private - Based on multiple members requests we have decided to hide members collected "Own" pins (both the counts and the pin list). Some members didn't feel comfortable broadcasting how many pins they own - and we completely understand. Our intention will be to add a public / private toggle to this in the near future so let us know if this toggle would be important to you and we'll make it more of a priority.

• Trade Arcade sneak peek - Gives non-VIP Members a "sneak peek" at which pins will be available the upcoming Trade Arcade. Some have expressed concern that early access was (is) a VIP Membership perk but we hope this brings in more guest traders to improve the number (and quality) of offers to VIP Member's virtual tables. Plus, VIPs still have the advantage with being able to add these pins to their watchlist and make offers/trade 2 hours before the event opens to the general public. Let us know your thoughts on this too!
Stay tuned for more on the new Pin Collector Profiles and again, thank you DPF for loving Disney pins!

I do enjoy having the opportunity to share sneak peeks of pins available before the event. The preview was a quick and easy way for me to navigate for isos in a "bigger picture" view than individually looking at each table which was super helpful for me. I look forward to all of the fun new things happening at P&P. Great job folks.

I'm probably the only one here who doesn't know, but...what is Pin & Pop?
Online trading platform that allows you to list traders, wants and owns. It allows you to review what others have placed on their virtual trade table and submit bids. The trade table host reviews the bids and decides to trade or not.

I'm probably the only one here who doesn't know, but...what is Pin & Pop?
You probably are not the only one that doesn't know.
Pin & Pop is a Disney pin database that allows you to track your collection; what you own, have for trade and are searching for. We also have a unique trading event about once a month. We have tried to model it off of in-person events where traders have a virtual table where you put your pins you have for trade. Then other traders are able to make offers with their pins and you are able to choose from those offers what you would like to trade. After the event all pins are sent to me. It saves on shipping costs as well as the potential to be ghosted after you sent your pin. Once I receive those pins I go through each on and verifiy them as best as I can. Then once all your trades are ready, I ship them to you. We think it is a great way to continue pin trading especially if you don't live close to the parks.

One thing I would love is if you could filter certain pins on a trade table. So if I only want to search for hidden mickeys/lower end pins, it would filter out higher end pins (and vice versa).

Another would be to filter pins once you get to the screen where you can make an offer. Sometimes I don’t have pins from a persons “wants” but I at least want to make an offer that fits their tags. Instead of having to search through my 300 traders I’d love to be able to filter my traders so I only see equal traders.

Ooh another congrats to a DPF member @CanaDaLE
2dcb4a7d722d71152ead8e8c0285e461.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Okay, participating in my first Trade Arcade. This weekend was a lot of fun, btw. But now I have a request for your consideration. Printer-friendly option for printing out Trades Won.

I've been around long enough to know that pin stuff gets zapped off the internet. I've printed a lot, but there is a lot more I wish I had. So for Trade Arcade, I really want to be able to print a list of my trades. First, so I could check everything off when I packed it up. Second, to keep for posterity. When I go to my Trades Won and select Print from my browser, the dialog box will tell me my printout is 17 pages. No go. 50% gets it down to 8, 25% down to 4... 2 pages, double sided. I chose that to do my packing manifest, but the photos are too small for posterity. I printed it a second time at 46%, which was 4 double-sided. But this only for the first 24 trades, I made 26 trades, so I had to repeat for page 2 of trades.

On my computer screen, the trades won appear in 2 columns, but the print view appears to be the mobile view, which is one column, no matter how small the data becomes. And the blocks, when printed full size, take up most of a page. For a manifest, a list view, with a thumbnail and titles would work for me. But for posterity, I like the layout as it is, just wish it would render smaller in print view, and be 2-columns. An option for All would be good, but this is more minor given that each page has 24 trades, so printing twice could capture 48 trades, and it seems unlikely that I'd need to print that many very often.

Thanks!

Okay, participating in my first Trade Arcade. This weekend was a lot of fun, btw. But now I have a request for your consideration. Printer-friendly option for printing out Trades Won.

I've been around long enough to know that pin stuff gets zapped off the internet. I've printed a lot, but there is a lot more I wish I had. So for Trade Arcade, I really want to be able to print a list of my trades. First, so I could check everything off when I packed it up. Second, to keep for posterity. When I go to my Trades Won and select Print from my browser, the dialog box will tell me my printout is 17 pages. No go. 50% gets it down to 8, 25% down to 4... 2 pages, double sided. I chose that to do my packing manifest, but the photos are too small for posterity. I printed it a second time at 46%, which was 4 double-sided. But this only for the first 24 trades, I made 26 trades, so I had to repeat for page 2 of trades.

On my computer screen, the trades won appear in 2 columns, but the print view appears to be the mobile view, which is one column, no matter how small the data becomes. And the blocks, when printed full size, take up most of a page. For a manifest, a list view, with a thumbnail and titles would work for me. But for posterity, I like the layout as it is, just wish it would render smaller in print view, and be 2-columns. An option for All would be good, but this is more minor given that each page has 24 trades, so printing twice could capture 48 trades, and it seems unlikely that I'd need to print that many very often.

Thanks!
I just opened my box from the January event and a cheat sheet of what I was supposed to receive was included. So perhaps Jenn and the team will be able to implement your idea for all traders in the future and not just for pins received? I don't recall if there's a way to print off what you are sending out like you are hoping but maybe someone else can help in this area of expertise? I've never thought about doing this to triple check what I need to send out as pull as I go but this is a great idea.

Thanks!

This is a brilliant idea and definitely would use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One other metric that could be added to the public profile is how many days it takes the trader to ship? The start time would be moving based on when we get the go ahead, maybe 5 or less business days is 5 stars, 7 or less is 4, and so on.

Oh, another thought I had while getting ready for the event. I notice the tables aren't in any order, and the order will change on reloads. I am going to guess this randomness is intentional so that tables get a more even distribution of views, and not the "election problem" where the table listed first will get the most votes (views). I like this, if that is the reason, but it does make it hard to review tables on Friday (after they've already been marked as Visited) in batches, and not miss tables. I resorted to writing down the names of the tables I visited with pencil and paper. Would it be possible to get some users tools like sort by "table most recently updated" "tables most recently visited (oldest)" or just a button that would mark "all tables as unvisited"?

Oh, another thought I had while getting ready for the event. I notice the tables aren't in any order, and the order will change on reloads. I am going to guess this randomness is intentional so that tables get a more even distribution of views, and not the "election problem" where the table listed first will get the most votes (views). I like this, if that is the reason, but it does make it hard to review tables on Friday (after they've already been marked as Visited) in batches, and not miss tables. I resorted to writing down the names of the tables I visited with pencil and paper. Would it be possible to get some users tools like sort by "table most recently updated" "tables most recently visited (oldest)" or just a button that would mark "all tables as unvisited"?
oooooh...table sorting and/or filtering would be a great addition!

Is it really more of a "Updated since you last viewed it" indicator that you are looking for?

Is it really more of a "Updated since you last viewed it" indicator that you are looking for?
Not only. First, I went through the tables that said they had my ISOs and marked the pins I want the most. But then I went through a second time adding the Loungefly other mystery box pins I could theoretically want. They might have been on the Table the first time I looked, so the Table may not have been updated between my viewings.

One thing I would love is if you could filter certain pins on a trade table. So if I only want to search for hidden mickeys/lower end pins, it would filter out higher end pins (and vice versa).

Another would be to filter pins once you get to the screen where you can make an offer. Sometimes I don’t have pins from a persons “wants” but I at least want to make an offer that fits their tags. Instead of having to search through my 300 traders I’d love to be able to filter my traders so I only see equal traders.
Both good ideas - thank you @mybabykelly! Filtering through your traders when you make an offer is definitely higher on my priority list as I know it can be rough to sort through lots of pins there.

Thanks!
@hopemax I'm so pleased you had fun! A printable "packing slip" of trades to pull and send is a very good idea - I'll add this to the update list and thank you for the feedback!

One other metric that could be added to the public profile is how many days it takes the trader to ship? The start time would be moving based on when we get the go ahead, maybe 5 or less business days is 5 stars, 7 or less is 4, and so on.
Interesting... we wouldn't want it to penalize international traders so maybe it could be based on how long it takes to get the tracking number submitted? It's something we'll keep thinking about... thank you @Pinatic for the idea!

The randomness is indeed intentional to spread out the trade activity. I’ll work on some tools to help sort or reset the viewed tables. Thanks for the feedback!

Interesting... we wouldn't want it to penalize international traders so maybe it could be based on how long it takes to get the tracking number submitted? It's something we'll keep thinking about... thank you @Pinatic for the idea!
Definitely should be more about when shipped rather than when received. But you can’t just go by tracking number unfortunately since I can generate a tracking number and then still wait to mail the package. You would want to go by when the post office gets the package but I don’t think that can be easily automated. It’s tricky.

Back