• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pinpics Pin Trading : Past Present and Future Presentation at Comiccon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinpics Pin Trading : Past Present and Future Presentation at Comiccon

Lizabell10

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
SOOOO did anyone go to this lecture or presentation and if so what was it about I am curious... Picture from FB
10524607_10154379935700207_2742148476067950036_n.jpg

1911657_925215487496011_9140711066594196690_n.jpg

Last edited:
I know the PP spies will be watching this thread so I wonder since the bulk of traders inhabit DPF would they answer questions for those not at SDCC?

Like:

1) Why are you trying to ruin pin trading?
2) In what universe are you considered the "experts" on grading pins?
3) Could you not have waited to reveal the new website until all the bugs were fixed? That is why there are beta tests.

Of course I would have been kicked out of the panel.

If there are PP "workers" browsing here, I'd like to ask (beg) them not to dismantle the old PP site. It's really in their best interest to keep it going, because I have seen SEVERAL people say they'll stop using PP when it's gone, and I'm very likely to be one of those persons.

I've tried to use the new site, I really have, but it's just so clunky and inelegant. I appreciate that they were trying to make things better, but it's hard to see how the new site is better than the old, especially when things that were brought to their attention at least a year ago are still inoperable.

OK, back to the discussion and the end of my plea.

if there are pp "workers" browsing here, i'd like to ask (beg) them not to dismantle the old pp site. It's really in their best interest to keep it going, because i have seen several people say they'll stop using pp when it's gone, and i'm very likely to be one of those persons.

I've tried to use the new site, i really have, but it's just so clunky and inelegant. I appreciate that they were trying to make things better, but it's hard to see how the new site is better than the old, especially when things that were brought to their attention at least a year ago are still inoperable.

Ok, back to the discussion and the end of my plea.

yuuuuuup!

as with all people and things, I suppose, I'd imagine the PP folks would be much more positively responsive to members of the pin trading community if so many of those members didn't take every possible opportunity out there to bash them (including simply creating so many of those opportunities out of nothing just to be able to bash!). it's very hard to cater to peoples' desires when so many of those people are constantly preaching about how badly they suck (all the while availing themselves of the resources provided). I, too, am curious as to how someone is deemed to be an "expert" but there's no need to be nasty about it.

I can only imagine what that booth must have COST!

I will say that I am a bit surprised to see Anthony and Samantha (seems like it's been years but I know it hasn't) and not Lenny.

Sorry but I can't give any weight to a panel run by a group that can't even get a decent database search working on their website. Especially since they have one on their old site that works 100 times better. Pinpics has gone 100% commercial and they can't even deliver a product worthy of purchasing.

What is Anthony and Samantha doing there? I was told that they are no longer with pinpics, some other company owns it now.

as with all people and things, I suppose, I'd imagine the PP folks would be much more positively responsive to members of the pin trading community if so many of those members didn't take every possible opportunity out there to bash them (including simply creating so many of those opportunities out of nothing just to be able to bash!). it's very hard to cater to peoples' desires when so many of those people are constantly preaching about how badly they suck (all the while availing themselves of the resources provided). I, too, am curious as to how someone is deemed to be an "expert" but there's no need to be nasty about it.

I can only imagine what that booth must have COST!

I will say that I am a bit surprised to see Anthony and Samantha (seems like it's been years but I know it hasn't) and not Lenny.

Why would I want to be nice to a group that:

1) Banned people who accidentally clicked on a link that led to their beta site.

2) Is trying to ram a new useless website that you have to pay to see high rez pictures that were submitted to them by users.

3) Strong arm a competing site because they are afraid of competition.

4) Try to pass of a shady grading system, to drive up prices on certain pins.

We tried once before to have them answer questions and it was a half *** attempt by them.

So I will continue to bash them, and unfortunately still have to use the old site to make trades and do auctions.

How much do they charge for grading?

I've been pin trading since February 2014 and would also like to start a grading service. I'm an expert, because I say so. :lol:

Following...I too would like to see PinPics answer some of these questions and concerns. My main issue with their grading system is who deems these people pin experts? AND...why would all original contents NOT be included in the encapsulation and grading system? I don't understand why they remove these pins from their cards...what happens to my backer card than? Is it even worth sending the pin with its card? I don't see how one could enjoy pins encased in a bulky, plastic, case. That would require quite a bit of shelf space instead of just displaying the pins on my board like so many pin-collectors have done for decades.

From what I could gather, this panel's main discussion surrounded their grading system and trying to force the hand of every trader into using their service...even going as far as showing slide shows of prices differences between graded and non-graded pins in which some varied by hundreds if not thousands of dollars. It all seems silly imo. To each his own though.

"Pin pricks" suck. It would have been real cool for some one to grade pins like in other collection hobbies but not the way this has played out ageist us all. It's a bunch of crap to buy something that was made for the people and by the people, just to try and make money off the people. Hope that makes since.

It it would have been neat to hear what they had to say at CC, but only so we could ask questions that they would try to bs us about and not give any real answers.

Oh hey.. What ever happened to the thread here that was going to answer all the things we wanted to know. It was funny how they just had a mouth piece here to try and make it better but never really told the truth about anything. We should bring that thread back up just to make us laugh.

Last edited:
"Pin pricks" suck. It would have been real cool for some one to grade pins like in other collection hobbies but not the way this has played out ageist us all. It's a bunch of crap to buy something that was made for the people and by the people, just to try and make money off the people. Hope that makes since.

It it would have been neat to hear what they had to say at CC, but only so we could ask questions that they would try to bs us about and not give any real answers.

Oh hey.. What ever happened to the thread here that was going to answer all the things we wanted to know. It was funny how they just had a mouth piece here to try and make it better but never really told the truth about anything. We should bring that thread back up just to make us laugh.

It's a closed thread, but here is the link http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?41478-delete-post-plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back