• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pins... Pins everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pins... Pins everywhere!

Jack

Toon Patrol
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well hello there! My name is Jack, and I like pins. More specifically, I am a Disney nerd and I like to collect most anything Disney related. A couple of years ago my brother and myself went to WDW for a little adults only trip since it had been so long since we were last there (we had only ever gone twice before. Once in the late 80's/early 90's, and once in '98). While I was there I got into the whole pin trading deal, and spent a good chunk of my budget on that trip buying pins and other fun little things. Now I am hooked, and I want to delve further into the wacky world of Disney pin trading. Hence why I am here.

As yet, we have found that this can be an addictive hobby. And there is no 12 step program for this addiction. Once you are hooked, you are hooked. Pins, those shiny pieces of glossy painted metal which make your eyes light up, will dominate you every thought, spend much of the money you once thought of as disposable income, take time away from your friends and family, and maybe even lead you to be a bit irresponsible.

But there is a bright side. You will watch less TV, it is not harmful to your health, and pins are SHINY!

Welcome to the forum!

Hello, welcome.. I just started this addiction, and while it's not as strong as my other one.. it's still so much fun! (My other addiction is not bad, don't worry.)

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes guys! Hopefully I will fit right in here. :D

As for there being no 12-step program for this glorious addiction, I'm not sure that I would actually want one.

How Do You Do Jack and Welcome. I'm new to the forum too but I have been collecting and trading since 2001. Throughout all of these years I am proud to say that if I had to have one bad addiction in my life, then I am glad that it is this one. I'm glad to see you are enjoying your new hobby so far and make sure you never stop collecting or being a Disney nerd. Happy pin collecting/trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back