• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PODM Steamboat Willie release details

Status
Not open for further replies.
PODM Steamboat Willie release details
I wish I could have said this as well as you did! This is what I wanted to express.

Let me just be clear that previous message was a joke. I don't know who that poster is and I wouldn't notice him or her if I have even seen this person.

I do not think a person that collects for selling or uses eBay makes that person a shark. I, personally, do not have the time nor patience to list things on eBay but I don't see any harm in it. It is an agreement between the buyer and the seller how high (or low) pins go for on the site and if you're a person that lives in the Northeast, or midwest and don't have access to the parks, then what's the harm? If you live near Walt Disney World or Disneyland and you miss out on a pin release because you have to work or on vacation or life just happened then the people who wait in line and do the time in the parks has the power. I've over paid for certain pins, like Halloween Day Not-So-Scary pins or Pin event pins that sold out and I did not get in my RSP but that's because I still wanted them and I could not get them from Disney. I don't begrudge an eBay seller for having what I wanted and charging me the price I agreed to buy it at.

no problem. I just want to say I love this series. I loved it since Snow White last January. And Im sure like you, Mahril, it kills you to see what kind of monster these releases have become over the months. When I see the titles of these posts say PODM I just want to say, SHUT UP!!! and stop making more of a frenzy about it. I miss the days when I could go in at 11 get what I want and then leave. I don't want to have to line up hours before shops open and I don't want to have to fight people who don't really know what they're doing once they get in the shop. I never understood the us vs them mentality between collectors and eBay people. If an eBay person gets there before we do well that's the way the game is played. Don't like it? Tough! You're not going to change it. Epcot tried something different with keeping the pins behind the register this morning but by early afternoon they were back on the racks, so even Disney can't stop the game.
As for the end of the series, that's bittersweet. I am sad that the collection ran into so much red tape and I am honestly disappointed with the selections for the rest of the year but I am relieved that the anxiety and tension both in the parks and online are coming to an end and the competition that i have been putting up with for these past 4 months to get what I want will be a lot easier. And that is MY .02!!

Yes I sold one really hard to find scene I had on eBay which you bought, I don't consider myself a shark because I bought 4 scenes kept one, sold one and traded one.
i spent two nights at hotel and drove ten hours to get my pins, then stood in line twice on thursday and twice on friday to get pins and signatures. my family and I collect and trade, and occasionally sell a couple. We live 5 hours round trip, had to pay for a babysitter for 2 days, two hotel nights so I could get my scenes signed. So yes, you paid a high pice for a very rare scene, that I sold only because hubby was upset with me for spending so much money. I put an amount or best offer, and you bought it out right. I do not take 10 people with me to get pins, I didn't use the word "shark" I should have worded that differently, I was addressing the people who complain about sharks, and making an observation that by limiting those that buy more than two pins it's not necessarily going to solve the problem, since people will simply take more people with them to buy more if they really wanted to.
If people don't sell some cells, how are those not close to the parks going to get them. I bet there were maybe 100 of that scene you bought from me nationwide, and signed much less. Are you upset that you bought it?

I spent hundreds of dollars buying DSF pins, even here on DPF there are sale posts of DSF pins that cost $10 marked up considerably. I see the SBW PODM that are listed for sale, and most are $40 each. I don't have any up for sale, but I think $40 is not that bad for those scenes. On the other hand, some scenes are really hard and very rare to find, which is why I think some people are ok with buying those ones.

I didn't mean to upset anyone, just tired of so much complaining.

People seem selfish, that they rather have a pin not be released any more for anyone to collect, than simply say they choose not to collect it. I can't collect UP or much of tangled because pins are outrageously expensive to get and I just don't have that kind of money.

Everyone values their pins differently, I think every individual has a right to decide how much something is worth to them. If it's not worth the money don't buy it.

I hope you are not insinuating that I'm a shark because I sold one very rare really hard to find scene on eBay, one that had an, "or best offer" and had not been listed very long.

I didn't need a long explanation or justification. I have no regrets buying the pin nor do I feel that you didn't have to right to charge what you wanted considering its rarity. All I was saying is that it sounded like you were condemning the behavior and talking about people helping other people but the actions were contrary to what your were saying. That is the part that rubbed me the wrong way a bit.

In the end, yes, it was sharking. That is what sharking is. But what we as a community tend to forget is that we ALL do it. There are probably only a handful of people that can say they don't or never have. Buying something at cost and selling or trading it for profit is sharking which is something I have had to remind myself of recently. Do I think you are a horrible sharky person - no. There are people that take it to utter extremes and I wouldn't say you fall into that category. But other people that you may see as sharks may have the exact same justification as you for doing what they do, so, without knowing everyone's situation how can we really say anything about what anyone else does?

It had been awhile since I had really felt "victimized" by sharks so the recent DSF releases gave me a jolt. I found myself getting angry again and disliking the people that were manipulating the market. But I had to ground myself so I went back and read my posts from Dollmegeodon I. Some of my feelings have changed since then but the one thing that hasn't (and that I had to remind myself of) is that 1) I don't know everyone's situation so if that's what they need to do, that's what they need to do and 2) if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

I will openly admit - I turned shark with those last 6 designer princess dolls. I waited too long to buy the first ones and ended up having to pay ebay prices. So, to make up for it I bought extras of the Snow White and the remaining five and sold them on ebay. Now, this is not something I routinely do by any means, but I did what I had to do in order to keep myself whole. And now, with the recent releases being what they are (aka - zero pins for anyone that doesn't live near a park and extreme mark-ups) I'm finding myself in the same boat. I've already pre-ordered the villains for myself, but you better believe that I'm going to be watching the popularity of Dollmegeodon II and if I think I'll be able to make up some of the money I've had to fork out other people over the last 6 months for pins, I will be trying to get extras to sell.

I don't like it, but it is the nature of the beast these days. But, I'll just have to remember if I'm going to play the game I can't get mad at anyone else for doing it either. The only thing that still irks me is the fact that some people are getting all of the opportunities and the rest of us get very few.

On another note - if I see any more squabeling between DLR and WDW whining about who has it better I'm going to officially petition Disney to close all pin locations, DSF, WDI, outlets, etc. and only reopen them in states without parks! :) It is utterly frustrating for the "have nots" to read the complaining between the "haves" and the "have mores".

no problem. I just want to say I love this series. I loved it since Snow White last January. And Im sure like you, Mahril, it kills you to see what kind of monster these releases have become over the months. When I see the titles of these posts say PODM I just want to say, SHUT UP!!! and stop making more of a frenzy about it. I miss the days when I could go in at 11 get what I want and then leave. I don't want to have to line up hours before shops open and I don't want to have to fight people who don't really know what they're doing once they get in the shop. I never understood the us vs them mentality between collectors and eBay people. If an eBay person gets there before we do well that's the way the game is played. Don't like it? Tough! You're not going to change it. Epcot tried something different with keeping the pins behind the register this morning but by early afternoon they were back on the racks, so even Disney can't stop the game.
As for the end of the series, that's bittersweet. I am sad that the collection ran into so much red tape and I am honestly disappointed with the selections for the rest of the year but I am relieved that the anxiety and tension both in the parks and online are coming to an end and the competition that i have been putting up with for these past 4 months to get what I want will be a lot easier. And that is MY .02!!

i miss the days were ppl would not be so greedy. If the rule is 2 pins... and if ppl got 2 pins. tthink how many other ppl could get pins. But im sure sum ppl really need 10 or 20.

ps.. in the end... if u read this stuff. u will see that ppl come up with lots of neat ways to make it ok to brake the rules or to say this is why its ok for me to sale at 100 times more than i paid. i would almost like it better if ppl just say " i want to make money and rape the hobby" at least u would b telling the truth.

Totally understand, and respect your opinion, I just started trading earlier this year, and I agree the drama makes it so much less fun. I hope they come back eventually, I love the DSF pins, especially BT , and I'm so far behind those in completing the set. I just hope they come out with a new pin that is "hot" for WDW, since I don't see us having much luck trading for Pins from other parts of the world otherwise. I agree with your comments and just want to make it clear that I don't consider myself an ebayer, although I buy tons of pins there and have sold a few, but I am a collector who loves the trading experience. I would much rather trade than sell.
my daughter who is 13 trades, my husband trades, my sons trade as well. My oldest daughter only collects Mulan and Pocahontas, she is away at college and she keeps her pins with her, as does my 21 year old, our daughter stayed in hotel sleeping. (I have 4 kids, 23,21,17 and 13). Not once have I gone to the park to buy pins with my whole family, but now I'm afraid that if we ever do, we would be condemned for having brought so many people with us.
we are trying to figure out what to do for t-day, since it's a family day and we are 5hrs minimum RT to go there, with my 13yo and myself collecting BatB, there's no way I want to miss it, so we probably all be at the parks that weekend. Especially since disney is centrally located between where our family lives, 1 in Tampa, 1 in lakeland the rest northeast. Oh well, I guess if that makes me a shark, so be it.

Also, the rule is 2 per person per day, so when they have artist signings, we are allowed to buy more, since it's the next day. Those are the rules. But you make a good point.
i miss the days were ppl would not be so greedy. If the rule is 2 pins... and if ppl got 2 pins. tthink how many other ppl could get pins. But im sure sum ppl really need 10 or 20.

ps.. in the end... if u read this stuff. u will see that ppl come up with lots of neat ways to make it ok to brake the rules or to say this is why its ok for me to sale at 100 times more than i paid. i would almost like it better if ppl just say " i want to make money and rape the hobby" at least u would b telling the truth.

ok...im cool with that 2 today and 2 tomarow... thats 4 pins... how do we get to 10-25 ?????

just wondering ?? im sure there is a good answer and its all ok cuz its for a good reason.. right ???

I really don't get why anybody thinks they have the right to tell anyone or call out anyone for bringing their family or kids or friends. This is America land of the free. Disney does a terrible job policing the lines so it's a dog eat dog world out there. If you wait in line adult or kid and you spend your money they are yours to do what you want to. Kids do trade, so to group all parents as using their to get extra to sell is lame. No one should have to explain themselves as to why they sell or why they have multiple family members or friends with them. If you don't live by the parks and you want to complain maybe you should pick a different hobby thats local. If you do live by a park drive down there and get the pin if you want it. If you work or school gets in the way then adjust accordingly or buy it on the secondary market, or trade. I have a minor she is 15 and she has camped out at many releases for the last 8 years, and just to clarify we camp out with her. She does the pins, she trades and we support HER hobby not ours. We supply the money and the transportation just like we did for my sons travel hockey. We supported him for years in the transportation, money and time end of it. This is a hobby for most but some do it to make money and they have every right too. Collecting and trading has changed alot in the last 8 years. Disney is a HUGE part of the change for the worse.

Last edited:
Great, I think I misspoke in my original post, as I was not trying to be part of the complainers but trying to express my discontent with people who are complaining of others actions. I agree with 99%of what you just said, and respect the other one percent. I meant to say that I don't think anyone will stop things they don't like from happening, because the people "they" not "I" call sharks will simply bring more people along.
I don't think the solution is to do away with popular pins, prevent people from buying or even raise the LE number, perhaps we need to establish a common ground for trading, like original value or LE size number but even that won't make everyone happy, it's just not going to happen. I too spoke out of frustration from not being able to get DSF pins without paying an arm and a leg, and as a new trader this is what drives us to obtain pins that are good traders, so we can get pins that we want. I can see how your definition of "sharking" could apply to everyone who trades up or sells. I am definitely not making a profit or making money, as I spent close to $500 those two days just so we could get a pin for my collection. Then I try to trade one PODM for one PODM and I'm told mine is newer and worth less so they want 5 other pins and my one PODM for one I can buy for $40 on eBay. I am just frustrated because no matter how good it goes people still complain, the wristbands went well, but..... Is what I'm hearing, and well now if we could get a more even split with WDW, even after several of us have seen proof that it is pretty close to even.

Didnt men to ruffle any feathers, I hope is all good and my language barrier didn't get me put on the black list,lol.

Although, it really did bother me that people assumed that everyone I spoke to in line were with me to buy pins for me. The one kid that went with my son who doesn't collect was intrigued and almost bought one as the others showed them their books, but then got kicked out of line because he went to the bathroom before they opened and they wouldn't let him back in line. I totally understood, but felt bad for him since that was his first exposure to pin trading, and all he did was give a friend a ride.

I didn't need a long explanation or justification. I have no regrets buying the pin nor do I feel that you didn't have to right to charge what you wanted considering its rarity. All I was saying is that it sounded like you were condemning the behavior and talking about people helping other people but the actions were contrary to what your were saying. That is the part that rubbed me the wrong way a bit.

In the end, yes, it was sharking. That is what sharking is. But what we as a community tend to forget is that we ALL do it. There are probably only a handful of people that can say they don't or never have. Buying something at cost and selling or trading it for profit is sharking which is something I have had to remind myself of recently. Do I think you are a horrible sharky person - no. There are people that take it to utter extremes and I wouldn't say you fall into that category. But other people that you may see as sharks may have the exact same justification as you for doing what they do, so, without knowing everyone's situation how can we really say anything about what anyone else does?

It had been awhile since I had really felt "victimized" by sharks so the recent DSF releases gave me a jolt. I found myself getting angry again and disliking the people that were manipulating the market. But I had to ground myself so I went back and read my posts from Dollmegeodon I. Some of my feelings have changed since then but the one thing that hasn't (and that I had to remind myself of) is that 1) I don't know everyone's situation so if that's what they need to do, that's what they need to do and 2) if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

I will openly admit - I turned shark with those last 6 designer princess dolls. I waited too long to buy the first ones and ended up having to pay ebay prices. So, to make up for it I bought extras of the Snow White and the remaining five and sold them on ebay. Now, this is not something I routinely do by any means, but I did what I had to do in order to keep myself whole. And now, with the recent releases being what they are (aka - zero pins for anyone that doesn't live near a park and extreme mark-ups) I'm finding myself in the same boat. I've already pre-ordered the villains for myself, but you better believe that I'm going to be watching the popularity of Dollmegeodon II and if I think I'll be able to make up some of the money I've had to fork out other people over the last 6 months for pins, I will be trying to get extras to sell.

I don't like it, but it is the nature of the beast these days. But, I'll just have to remember if I'm going to play the game I can't get mad at anyone else for doing it either. The only thing that still irks me is the fact that some people are getting all of the opportunities and the rest of us get very few.

On another note - if I see any more squabeling between DLR and WDW whining about who has it better I'm going to officially petition Disney to close all pin locations, DSF, WDI, outlets, etc. and only reopen them in states without parks! :) It is utterly frustrating for the "have nots" to read the complaining between the "haves" and the "have mores".

Wow, people get ugly on these threads when they aren't getting what they want!!! I don't remember where I have last seen so called adults get so upset over not getting a THING. It's just a THING. A possession. Not shelter, or food, or a winter coat! I understand that people are passionate about their hobbies, that's great. But wow, these arent necessities needed to live! Florida complains about Cali, Cali whines about Florida's PODM's. This is really a trip to read! I'm pretty happy, I have a house, a vehicle and food to eat. Everything else is just a fun extra. If the day comes that I cant do it anymore, so be it.

Florida complains about Cali, Cali whines about Florida's PODM's. This is really a trip to read! I'm pretty happy, I have a house, a vehicle and food to eat. Everything else is just a fun extra. If the day comes that I cant do it anymore, so be it.

:like:

I don't think selling on eBay makes you a shark either. Unless you traded way up on puprose just to sell the pin. Taking advantage of another persons naivety during a trade is more to me a shark. Someone that knows their pin isn't as good and still asks for more. Or they take advantage of nice people. Asking for newbs to go buy them LE pins for their random rack pin. Asking strangers to wait in line to buy extra LE pins. Or sending their kids to ask for a pin with puppy dog eyes after the parent was just turned down. Or run around the park at opening with walkie talkie's and snag all the new HM's and give up scrappers. Those are the bottom feeders in my book.

Totally understand, and respect your opinion, I just started trading earlier this year, and I agree the drama makes it so much less fun. I hope they come back eventually, I love the DSF pins, especially BT , and I'm so far behind those in completing the set. I just hope they come out with a new pin that is "hot" for WDW, since I don't see us having much luck trading for Pins from other parts of the world otherwise. I agree with your comments and just want to make it clear that I don't consider myself an ebayer, although I buy tons of pins there and have sold a few, but I am a collector who loves the trading experience. I would much rather trade than sell.
my daughter who is 13 trades, my husband trades, my sons trade as well. My oldest daughter only collects Mulan and Pocahontas, she is away at college and she keeps her pins with her, as does my 21 year old, our daughter stayed in hotel sleeping. (I have 4 kids, 23,21,17 and 13). Not once have I gone to the park to buy pins with my whole family, but now I'm afraid that if we ever do, we would be condemned for having brought so many people with us.
we are trying to figure out what to do for t-day, since it's a family day and we are 5hrs minimum RT to go there, with my 13yo and myself collecting BatB, there's no way I want to miss it, so we probably all be at the parks that weekend. Especially since disney is centrally located between where our family lives, 1 in Tampa, 1 in lakeland the rest northeast. Oh well, I guess if that makes me a shark, so be it.

Mari, I get called a shark all the time because I'm selling my pins. Don't get it. They're only $3 a piece. Smh.

I have 6 cells up for grabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I really don't get why anybody thinks they have the right to tell anyone or call out anyone for bringing their family or kids or friends. This is America land of the free. Disney does a terrible job policing the lines so it's a dog eat dog world out there. If you wait in line adult or kid and you spend your money they are yours to do what you want to. Kids do trade, so to group all parents as using their to get extra to sell is lame. No one should have to explain themselves as to why they sell or why they have multiple family members or friends with them. If you don't live by the parks and you want to complain maybe you should pick a different hobby thats local. If you do live by a park drive down there and get the pin if you want it. If you work or school gets in the way then adjust accordingly or buy it on the secondary market, or trade. I have a minor she is 15 and she has camped out at many releases for the last 8 years, and just to clarify we camp out with her. She does the pins, she trades and we support HER hobby not ours. We supply the money and the transportation just like we did for my sons travel hockey. We supported him for years in the transportation, money and time end of it. This is a hobby for most but some do it to make money and they have every right too. Collecting and trading has changed alot in the last 8 years. Disney is a HUGE part of the change for the worse.

Not to stir the pot or anything, but I find those that post like this are usually the ones using multiple family members, friends, kids, strangers, etc. to get extras to sell.

And after doing the math, you let a 7 year old camp out for pin releases? I guess it's a free country, you can do what you want as you have oh so angrily stated above.

Personally, I don't really care. I'm not happy with the greed of the DSF Marquee sellers these days, but if people pay the prices, who am I to argue. My time in this hobby is about done so I pass the torch to you others to fight over sharks and such.

But just to remind the WDW people, for the vast majority of my pin trading time, it was WDW that usually got the better and more releases. It's really only been in the past few years that has switched to Disneyland and I think it can be accredited to the management at WDW. Disneyland is not afraid to spend money to improve the parks and merchandise and have events. WDW seems to be afraid to do any such thing, the new Fantasyland notwithstanding.

This thread sure makes me glad I don't live near the parks. I know I have to pay the price for that and I don't mind, luckily I have friends that help. My issue with the releases at dlr was the nastiness it brought and my family member getting pushed around. For one I am glad they did the wristbands, however if you bring your family and act like a human being you have all the right to sell it on eBay at whatever you value your time and effort. It is not the sellers being sharks is the buyers stupidity for paying the high prices. If it wasn't for the trading community being crazed about these or any other pins then scalpers and non traders as well as the people they tell wouldn't have a business. If you are selling don't be ashamed, if you buy at high prices then you should be ashamed for feeding the frenzy. That's all :).

+1

I actually asked a DPF member to get me a few of these pins today, but I very clearly told her that I planned on trading them here. I had no plans to sell them. On a side note, I spent 5 days at WDW just last week, and the only LE pins out were the Splash Mountain hinged ones. On another note, I've seen DPF members ask someone to pick up pins for them at cost, and then those same people resell them on DPF at a profit. I'm not sure that's cool.

I don't think selling on eBay makes you a shark either. Unless you traded way up on puprose just to sell the pin. Taking advantage of another persons naivety during a trade is more to me a shark. Someone that knows their pin isn't as good and still asks for more. Or they take advantage of nice people. Asking for newbs to go buy them LE pins for their random rack pin. Asking strangers to wait in line to buy extra LE pins. Or sending their kids to ask for a pin with puppy dog eyes after the parent was just turned down. Or run around the park at opening with walkie talkie's and snag all the new HM's and give up scrappers. Those are the bottom feeders in my book.

+1

I actually asked a DPF member to get me a few of these pins today, but I very clearly told her that I planned on trading them here. I had no plans to sell them. On a side note, I spent 5 days at WDW just last week, and the only LE pins out were the Splash Mountain hinged ones. On another note, I've seen DPF members ask someone to pick up pins for them at cost, and then those same people resell them on DPF at a profit. I'm not sure that's cool.

The pins I have people pick up at the parks for me I plan to add to my collection. I purchased 2 LK PODM so I would have a choice as to what pin I wanted to keep :)
The only time I might sell them is when it comes closer to my WDW trip, and if I dont have enough $$

Wow, people get ugly on these threads when they aren't getting what they want!!! I don't remember where I have last seen so called adults get so upset over not getting a THING. It's just a THING. A possession. Not shelter, or food, or a winter coat! I understand that people are passionate about their hobbies, that's great. But wow, these arent necessities needed to live! Florida complains about Cali, Cali whines about Florida's PODM's. This is really a trip to read! I'm pretty happy, I have a house, a vehicle and food to eat. Everything else is just a fun extra. If the day comes that I cant do it anymore, so be it.

[video=youtube;Z9obgyYB1IU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9obgyYB1IU[/video]

I'm in need of two if anyone has them for trade! Or willing to sell them for retail price. :)

I am looking for a mickey and minnie scene if anyone has one for trade please contact me i got a lot of really nice scenes but my hubby and I collect romantic mickey/minnie pins and i would like this scene for our collection <3 Thank you <3

I have one for trade of these, it doesn't have the musical cow in it, just Mickey and Minnie, I would love to trade for something in my wants list or a similar trader. Pm me and I'll send you pics if interested.
I am looking for a mickey and minnie scene if anyone has one for trade please contact me i got a lot of really nice scenes but my hubby and I collect romantic mickey/minnie pins and i would like this scene for our collection <3 Thank you <3

Thanks Alexa and all the others that stood up, I honestly wish it weren't so, but somehow I feel ashamed of bringing my husband and 13 year old. I feel as if I am going to be judged and honestly I guess I shouldn't care.
my daughter has one cell she is trading and I have two, one to trade or sell, whichever way it ends up working out. I rather trade since I really could use some nice pins.

When I left DLR at 12PM there were still pins available. LGM had about 80 left. And I believe DTD also had pins.

Anyone know if they are sold out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back