• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PODM Steamboat Willie release details

Status
Not open for further replies.
PODM Steamboat Willie release details
LOL!! Diebob you're funny! You seem like the type that likes to call people out and has no tolerance for whining! My type of person! I just got back from WDW. I got about 9 with Minnie and the rest with Mickey at the wheel, all with eyes open and then I got a few with Pete just because Mickey looked really cute!

This Really irks me....like REALLY!!! Here at DLR we have to get up and stay over night to get to buy 2 pins...and over at WDW people are walking around buying 15 or 20 with no problem....and saying its dead there. Pull your heads out of your arses DISNEY!!!

This Really irks me....like REALLY!!! Here at DLR we have to get up and stay over night to get to buy 2 pins...and over at WDW people are walking around buying 15 or 20 with no problem....and saying its dead there. Pull your heads out of your arses DISNEY!!!

just for fun.. i have to ask...?? What happened to the ppl at DLR that get 25-50 of each.??? We have bad so called traders at both parks. I for one am so glad that this crap is almost over. Than all the "resale fake disney fans" can try to go hunt sumthing else to pay the bills. Thanks disney for all the good times... but this movie pin stuff was a joke... lmao real nice way to bring out the true disney in everyone... agian... just my thoughts for fun... after all i got in this hobby for fun right... not to pay my bills or to wine and chez about everything.

ps.. side note... the only way to make change is to change how the members of the hobby act. so guess we are stuck :( sad to say.. money talks for sum ppl :p

Last edited:
Diego, I changed my mind because I couldn't sleep. I saw quite a few people, including some from the boards, who got a wristband for the park, did magic mornings, got their two pins and then came back out and got another wristband =\. Anyway I got my two pins, one with Mickey and Minnie and the other with Mickey, Minnie and the goat :)

If anyone is willing to pick me up one if they are still at DLR,WDW, or DTD or on there way there, I can send you money via paypal today plus a little extra for the effort and shipping. Please PM me if anyone is willing to do this for me. Thank you.

The way they set it up was that there was a series of short lines. When one filled up, they would start directing people to the next line. I got there around 6:30 and there was about 250 people ahead of me. Things were pretty orderly for the most part. There was some grumbling about how many people were allowed to get in line before 6AM, but mostly people were just waiting patiently. There were some people that seemed determined to stir the pot. Several people were saying that that they had ran out of wristbands or that the wristbands being handed out were for the standby line. I got my wristband for DCA, got my pins, got a quick ride on Soarin' and was out by 9. There were still wristbands available as I was leaving.

Despite all the complaining in the wristband line (caused mostly by Disney allowing people to line up early and by a few people spreading rumors), by the time they got their pins most people seemed to be pleased with the way the wristbands worked. I think LGM and Pin Traders' lines moved much more quickly than Fly'n Buy (that location only has 2 registers and is also carries Soarin' souvenirs so they had a few guests just in there for tshirts as well). Like at DSF, I think knowing that you're going to be guaranteed a pin as long as you have a wristband lessened people's anxiety. There were a lot of people that just wanted a pin and didn't really care what scene it was. Those people went and grabbed breakfast or went on a few rides after they got their wristbands, which helped keep the line from becoming too crazy.

Two things I am fascinated by:

1) That people actually think they are going to get $80..$90...$100+ out of this pin! Just makes me laugh...

2) The person that took pictures of the pin while in traffic with their foot in the picture and listed them for $99 OBO.....makes me laugh and shake my head....

Two things I am fascinated by:

1) That people actually think they are going to get $80..$90...$100+ out of this pin! Just makes me laugh...

2) The person that took pictures of the pin while in traffic with their foot in the picture and listed them for $99 OBO.....makes me laugh and shake my head....

+1. and as for the pic...that's pretty funny. =)

oh man...well all i know is i like this pin, i like black and white pins--go figure I AM HAPPY everyone seems to have gotten pins -so all in all the wrist band thing is better than the previous dog eat dog wouldnt you say? And as far as pp selling on ebay still, are we surprised? NO but this time they couldnt grab a zillion and keep going in and out of the line,,,,so lets accentuate the positive and ELIMINATE the negative.......i am singing btw
xo
happy thoughts
mine--12 days til WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hsd:

Thanks so much for sharing this, I'm tired of people being hard with WDW, this is the only pin we get that we have a chance at using to trade with people near other parks.
We don't have any other pin releases here that are "hot" so this is it for us. Why are people happy this pin is no longer released after December? There are some of us that do like it and enjoy having something we can use to trade for those hard and expensive DSF pins we can never get our hands on.

I don't get it, honestly, what is wrong with people making this pin available for a little extra for those people that live in areas that can't get it. I guarantee you, if they start limiting it too much, pins would stay only in the hands of those that can get it, and will become even harder to find.

You think it's bad paying $40 for a SBW pin now because people went and stood in lines and worked for it? Wait and see what happens if they make it so we can only get two period. Sharks will just bring more people and pins will still sell out, but those that live far away will not find friends that will easily pick up pins for them.

Just my 0.02

Because I know it will come up again, because it always does. I can confirm Disneyland received 1000 pins for this release. It's helpful that if you can find someone with access to inventory numbers then can see both DL's and WDW's.

Thanks so much for sharing this, I'm tired of people being hard with WDW, this is the only pin we get that we have a chance at using to trade with people near other parks.
We don't have any other pin releases here that are "hot" so this is it for us. Why are people happy this pin is no longer released after December? There are some of us that do like it and enjoy having something we can use to trade for those hard and expensive DSF pins we can never get our hands on.

The people that are happy it is ending are the people who continually get taken to the cleaners because they don't like anywhere near the park or because they don't want to have to fight lines just to get their two pins for their collections.

I don't get it, honestly, what is wrong with people making this pin available for a little extra for those people that live in areas that can't get it. I guarantee you, if they start limiting it too much, pins would stay only in the hands of those that can get it, and will become even harder to find.

I think you are treading on thin ice here. I don't think anybody has ever said that there is anything wrong with someone charging "a little extra". Do you call 10 times cost "a little extra"?

You think it's bad paying $40 for a SBW pin now because people went and stood in lines and worked for it? Wait and see what happens if they make it so we can only get two period. Sharks will just bring more people and pins will still sell out, but those that live far away will not find friends that will easily pick up pins for them.

It isn't that simple and I don't think that is the way it works. There are more than enough pins to go around.

Also, you may want to back off the "shark" talk and hopefully you know why. In contrast to the DSF releases, I have a bit more understanding for charging excessive mark ups on these pins because certain cels are extremely rare or one of a kind, which is why I have been willing to pay excessive prices for some of the ones I have. And I understand there is grey area here, but one should be careful not to speak out of both sides of their mouth.

Guess your right about this

And random observation is random
On the cards for the PODM
I wonder what made them decide to put Goofy, Mickey, Donald, and Stitch all as silhouettes on the bottom..

I slept in today and completely missed the drama. I don't think this was a fantastic pin and won't trade as well so I'm happy one more person go the pin they wanted since I stayed away. I didn't do Lion King PODM either. I went to the LM release with me, my wife, and 3 kids she nannies and we only bought 5 LM total, even though I easily could have taken 10. People are so greedy. I don't know that I can blame them though. It is sad to see little kids there when you know they don't know what is going on and they aren't getting pins for them.
Even if these SBW pins go for $40 now, they will drop down to the $30 range eventually once the market is flooded and the buyers have consumed what they need. It's not very popular and the scenes aren't very diverse. Ghost and Pluto will be like this too I think. Mulan and BatB will be nuts though. I'll have to go out with the crazies for those two. I've been contemplatign a princesses only PODM collection. I have Rapunzel, could acquire a LM fairly easy, need Belle and Mulan. Then all I'll need is a Snow White & a Cinderella. I don't think I'll count Alice.

Yeah, the Mulan and Beauty will probably be pretty bad =/

If anyone wants to hire some security... *cough* ;)

The people that are happy it is ending are the people who continually get taken to the cleaners because they don't like anywhere near the park or because they don't want to have to fight lines just to get their two pins for their collections.

I think you are treading on thin ice here. I don't think anybody has ever said that there is anything wrong with someone charging "a little extra". Do you call 10 times cost "a little extra"?

It isn't that simple and I don't think that is the way it works. There are more than enough pins to go around.

Also, you may want to back off the "shark" talk and hopefully you know why. In contrast to the DSF releases, I have a bit more understanding for charging excessive mark ups on these pins because certain cels are extremely rare or one of a kind, which is why I have been willing to pay excessive prices for some of the ones I have. And I understand there is grey area here, but one should be careful not to speak out of both sides of their mouth.
Yes I sold one really hard to find scene I had on eBay which you bought, I don't consider myself a shark because I bought 4 scenes kept one, sold one and traded one.
i spent two nights at hotel and drove ten hours to get my pins, then stood in line twice on thursday and twice on friday to get pins and signatures. my family and I collect and trade, and occasionally sell a couple. We live 5 hours round trip, had to pay for a babysitter for 2 days, two hotel nights so I could get my scenes signed. So yes, you paid a high pice for a very rare scene, that I sold only because hubby was upset with me for spending so much money. I put an amount or best offer, and you bought it out right. I do not take 10 people with me to get pins, I didn't use the word "shark" I should have worded that differently, I was addressing the people who complain about sharks, and making an observation that by limiting those that buy more than two pins it's not necessarily going to solve the problem, since people will simply take more people with them to buy more if they really wanted to.
If people don't sell some cells, how are those not close to the parks going to get them. I bet there were maybe 100 of that scene you bought from me nationwide, and signed much less. Are you upset that you bought it?

I spent hundreds of dollars buying DSF pins, even here on DPF there are sale posts of DSF pins that cost $10 marked up considerably. I see the SBW PODM that are listed for sale, and most are $40 each. I don't have any up for sale, but I think $40 is not that bad for those scenes. On the other hand, some scenes are really hard and very rare to find, which is why I think some people are ok with buying those ones.

I didn't mean to upset anyone, just tired of so much complaining.

People seem selfish, that they rather have a pin not be released any more for anyone to collect, than simply say they choose not to collect it. I can't collect UP or much of tangled because pins are outrageously expensive to get and I just don't have that kind of money.

Everyone values their pins differently, I think every individual has a right to decide how much something is worth to them. If it's not worth the money don't buy it.

I hope you are not insinuating that I'm a shark because I sold one very rare really hard to find scene on eBay, one that had an, "or best offer" and had not been listed very long.

Just my 0.02[/QUOTE]

I saw you in line at the Contemporary this morning with all those people you brought with you! I wanted to say hello but you were too far back in line to see me.

Let me just be clear that previous message was a joke. I don't know who that poster is and I wouldn't notice him or her if I have even seen this person.

I do not think a person that collects for selling or uses eBay makes that person a shark. I, personally, do not have the time nor patience to list things on eBay but I don't see any harm in it. It is an agreement between the buyer and the seller how high (or low) pins go for on the site and if you're a person that lives in the Northeast, or midwest and don't have access to the parks, then what's the harm? If you live near Walt Disney World or Disneyland and you miss out on a pin release because you have to work or on vacation or life just happened then the people who wait in line and do the time in the parks has the power. I've over paid for certain pins, like Halloween Day Not-So-Scary pins or Pin event pins that sold out and I did not get in my RSP but that's because I still wanted them and I could not get them from Disney. I don't begrudge an eBay seller for having what I wanted and charging me the price I agreed to buy it at.

For your information, I went with my husband and daughter only, my son is at college and had his friend drive him from Lakeland which was an hour away so he could get two pins, one of his friends collects the other one doesn't and he didn't buy any. I had my nephew dropped off to me cause he had never been to Disney and is getting ready to leave for the Navy so we were taking him to the parks. My son is 21, doesn't live at home, he came and left separate and in different directions than me.

Here we go ASSuming again, just because I know people in line doesn't mean I brought them with me to buy pins for me. We were only there this time because we dropped our daughter off at college for her freshman year and hubby happened to be with me. I only bring one, maybe two of my kids with, who are 13 and 23, and only because we collect. We even ended up making one display and combining our personal collections of PODM, which consists of 10 pins, we trade the others for pins on our pin pics. Yes, they have their own pin pics and even own separate DPF forum names.

Just my 0.02

I saw you in line at the Contemporary this morning with all those people you brought with you! I wanted to say hello but you were too far back in line to see me.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back