• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PTD Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to sidetrack the thread too much, but quick question: How are the PTD pins packaged? I've seen some on eBay marked as being in "original packaging," but the packaging appears to be a small ziploc bag. (Though some of these are laying on top of a DSSF shopping bag.) Do they come on a card or anything?

Don't want to sidetrack the thread too much, but quick question: How are the PTD pins packaged? I've seen some on eBay marked as being in "original packaging," but the packaging appears to be a small ziploc bag. (Though some of these are laying on top of a DSSF shopping bag.) Do they come on a card or anything?

They come either in a small zip-lock bag or small sealed plastic bag. Some people will put them on homemade cards with the soda fountain logo, but that's not how they are sold/packaged.

Santa Jack also sold out.

At this rate there will probably be a new batch of PTDs either at the beginning of tomorrow's release or it will flip during the release.

Is Jessica not popular anymore? For some reason I thought she was (and that was why they kept releasing her almost every month). Are people just sick of her? I'm surprised she is last.

From what I've seen on Facebook she's been selling pretty well, it's just that she's LE500 so she'll take a bit longer to sell than the others. Jack is LE500 too but he is the main character from Nightmare and has always been a big draw, and there aren't very many Santa Jack pins out there relative to normal Jack, so that's probably why he sold out so quickly. Plus, people who are trying to complete Nightmare and have been having a hard time finding the original Jack PTD can use this for their set. And there has only been one other Jack PTD, whereas there are at least 4 or 5 other Jessica PTDs out there.

Well it looks like I was somewhat right ahaha.
But I'm glad that Maurice was getting some love & the Grand Duke too!
I always thought too but for some reason Jessica is going downhill again for popularity.
I mean not too down but she's not getting as much as love as I remember she was getting.

But now it's getting down to one PTD again, I'm scared that an Aladdin PTD will be next >.<"

Is Jessica not popular anymore? For some reason I thought she was (and that was why they kept releasing her almost every month). Are people just sick of her? I'm surprised she is last.

The truth of the matter is, yes, people are just getting too used to her. Her DSF pins used to sell quite well and would at least sell out within the same day of release for awhile, the first release I can recall where she didn't sell out fast at all was the School ID one last August. After that, she just hasn't sold that well and I think it's because she's always in the same out fit and it's gotten boring (for non-Jessica collectors).

The cool thing about Jessica Rabbit when she first came out was just how many ways she was costumed and dressed that made every single pin really really unique.

Well it looks like I was somewhat right ahaha.
But I'm glad that Maurice was getting some love & the Grand Duke too!
I always thought too but for some reason Jessica is going downhill again for popularity.
I mean not too down but she's not getting as much as love as I remember she was getting.

But now it's getting down to one PTD again, I'm scared that an Aladdin PTD will be next >.<"

I'm scared about the price tag, but I'd love to get it ! I would also like a new Jasmine PTD (or any other Aladdin character) :D:D:D

PTDs just flipped. King Hubert (LE 300), Shock, (LE 300), Tiana (LE 500), and March Hare (LE 300).

10390999_10202554201316320_1319344632362742952_n.jpg

(Photo credit to Gabe Martinez on Facebook)

Called about an hour ago. King Hubert sold out yesterday afternoon, so the only pin left is Tiana. Of course, no idea when it'll flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back