• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Regal Princess Snow White & Jasmine Real or Counterfeit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regal Princess Snow White & Jasmine Real or Counterfeit?

Eevie

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I bought these two on ebay for a low buy it now price but can anyone tell me if they're real or not? I have no idea if they've been counterfeited but I'm a little wary as the seller had quite a few for sale at such a low price for a LE 125 pin.

1qsqol.jpg
2vuww2o.jpg

Thank you :)

It appears these have been counterfeited. Since you said your seller has sold others I would guess these aren't real. The backs of yours don't look consistent so that would cause me to question them too. If you look on the Anna/Hans thread these pins are mentioned. I would try to get my money back it's not worth the chance that they could be real.

Did you get it from a seller whose name begins with Mickey's last name and the other part of the name is the plural version of the song "A _____ is a wish your heart makes"?

Thanks everyone for your help. It seemed too good to be true but luckily I got my money back! :)

Did you get it from a seller whose name begins with Mickey's last name and the other part of the name is the plural version of the song "A _____ is a wish your heart makes"?

Nope, it's from a UK seller beginning with P.

I bought these too and suspected they were fake so got a refund for them :(

Yay for your money back at least! Did the seller refund your return postage when you sent them back?

Last edited:
I keep seeing people on facebook/instagram with these pins, I wish more people knew about these counterfeiters!

That's just terrible. It makes me sick. I have some of these pins that I bought from Disney store, but how is it even safe to trade them now that there are counterfeits out there? Horrors. These are such pretty pins too, at least it is pretty obvious by comparing the backs of the pins.

It looks like Belle may have fallen as well.

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

Seller is the blank spaces of the following:

Lilo & ______
______ Mountain (ride in tomorrowland at DLR)
______ Orleans Riverside (hotel/resort at WDW)

That's just terrible. It makes me sick. I have some of these pins that I bought from Disney store, but how is it even safe to trade them now that there are counterfeits out there? Horrors. These are such pretty pins too, at least it is pretty obvious by comparing the backs of the pins.

Yes I have bought a few pins from that seller and they were proven to be fakes. Not to mention you can look up the pin with advanced search and with an LE of 125 seller sold over 50 of them I don't think that is possible. The seller also tries to tell you he is authorized by Disney.

This has probably been asked a million times, but is there a place that keeps track of all known counterfeits in an orderly fashion? I know PinPics has some warnings, but for the most part that doesn't seem complete at all. It would be nice if there was a database where people who watch out for this stuff could keep an easy-to-search record of counterfeits, scrappers and common known sellers of such. I realize we can't name names here, but elsewhere we could?

It is also very difficult for me to search for information on specific pins here, as not everyone tags posts regularly.

I wonder if the database that Rasputin was working on will be something that we can keep up to date with on counterfeits better than PinPics?

Or else, I would like to know where everyone currently gets their lists of bad sellers (please PM me if you have one)!

There is a gal in my state who sells pins on our local classifieds every now and again. A few months back I went to see the pins she had for sale. I bought the DSF Anna/Hans pin from her even though it seemed too good to be true and she tried to talk me into the Hockey Ursula and also the princess pins above. I declined because I thought that something seemed fishy. (I may have been starstruck by the Anna/Hans.) I asked where she got it and she told me she travels to Disneyland once a month and trades. When I got home found the thread for the Anna/Hans and the princess pins came up too. Now the Hockey Ursula! She had every one of the pins mentioned in this thread for sale! :facepalm: I haven't seen her post any pins for sale lately but I steer clear now anyway. Luckily I didn't pay much for the Anna/Hans and I won't trade it because I'm sure it's not real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back