• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sabrina / Teddy_Ruxpin

Sabrina / Teddy_Ruxpin
I am very sorry to hear this. Sabrina was a lovely person and we had many overlapping interests. Sending good thoughts to her friends, family, and loved ones.

Thanks for sharing @Poohlady5. I didn’t have the pleasure of getting to know Sabrina very well, but I was sorry to hear about her health challenges. My condolences to her family.

Sorry to read about this. My condolences to all. I have seen her many posts but did not have the pleasure of knowing her personally. It is so sad.

I've been searching around the internet and came across what i believe was Sabrina's facebook account. The last picture posted to the account was this one and it seemed so fitting:
fbfbdcf88f3b68de1785a079e6e7992a.jpg

Last edited:
I just got a package from Sabrina. It feels so strange but also a bit comforting. Like a last goodbye. She did pack the package before she fot sick but didnt get around to ship it before and now her mom got it in the mail for me. It just feels so crazy. to see her handwriting on the envelope and see how she added zaps for me. a pin of Minnies twn nieces for my twin girls and som cute Frozen stickers and a really cute patch all with the pin we traded for.

LY1Bwth.jpg

I wrote a thank you email to her parents. I really appriciate them shipping it to me. I did not expect to get this and I was totally ok with that. I did not want them to spend any time dealing with stuff like this in the middle of their great sorrow. They even wrote a sweet note asking for forgivness that it took so long for me to get it. They wrote that they knew Sabrina wanted me to have this so they wanted to make sure I did.

Strange how one package can bring so much joy and so much pain at the same time. I want to think that she is smiling down now enjoying to see how much joy the package gave me.

Thank you @teddy_ruxpin Sabrina for our last trade. <3

I just got a package from Sabrina. It feels so strange but also a bit comforting. Like a last goodbye. She did pack the package before she fot sick but didnt get around to ship it before and now her mom got it in the mail for me. It just feels so crazy. to see her handwriting on the envelope and see how she added zaps for me. a pin of Minnies twn nieces for my twin girls and som cute Frozen stickers and a really cute patch all with the pin we traded for.

LY1Bwth.jpg

I wrote a thank you email to her parents. I really appriciate them shipping it to me. I did not expect to get this and I was totally ok with that. I did not want them to spend any time dealing with stuff like this in the middle of their great sorrow. They even wrote a sweet note asking for forgivness that it took so long for me to get it. They wrote that they knew Sabrina wanted me to have this so they wanted to make sure I did.

Strange how one package can bring so much joy and so much pain at the same time. I want to think that she is smiling down now enjoying to see how much joy the package gave me.

Thank you @teddy_ruxpin Sabrina for our last trade. <3
What a beautiful gift from a friend Elin! I'm sure you brought her so much joy too.

That's very emotional. Made me think of a WWII story .. . the ball turret gunner who died with Uncle Harold in 1943 - he was home on leave to visit his parents in January 1943 and then they were lost in April. Well, Mother's Day 1943 came around (just weeks after they received the telegram) and flowers and a handwritten card arrived from the son. He had left the card at a florist so that they could send it with pre-paid flowers on Mother's day. How touching and how sad. Never forget that story.

A note from Sabrina’s mum regarding her service:
sabrinas funeral was wednesday 12th april i wrote a prayer and the commital but i could not read it out we had a life celebrant do that for me and her brother bless him read his eulogy to her and also a prayer. we listened to disney tunes, winnie the pooh, tigger, duck tales, talespin, gummi bears, care bears 2 versions and the theme park ride its a small world, whenever we went there she always went on that first. she was hoping to come to America but covid put a stop to that but she was still hoping one day but the days ran out for her.

sabrinas funeral was wednesday 12th april i wrote a prayer and the commital but i could not read it out we had a life celebrant do that for me and her brother bless him read his eulogy to her and also a prayer. we listened to disney tunes, winnie the pooh, tigger, duck tales, talespin, gummi bears, care bears 2 versions and the theme park ride its a small world, whenever we went there she always went on that first. she was hoping to come to America but covid put a stop to that but she was still hoping one day but the days ran out for her.
this is such a great memory that you have shared. I traded with her a long time ago, I think we even sent Halloween and Christmas cards at one time. She will be missed that is for sure. prayers to her family and all that knew her.

Thank you for this update,

iu

Thank you.

Received a familiar pink padded package from Sabrina's address . . . and it turned out to be some pins that we had been working on a trade. Sis and I had won a pin auction back last last Summer, and then Sabrina had been wanting to do a trade along with it. Once we found out she was in hospital, I knew why it had sort of stalled. Well, she had told her Mom what to send, and her Mom did send it. Sis and I were both crying. I haven't taken a pic yet, as Sis and I still miss her when we look at the package. But, I'll post one soon! Also received this form her Mom, to go along with @Poohlady5 's note above.

Sabrina's funeral was at 12.45 on wednesday 12th April 2023, i wrote the prayers and we played all her favourite disney tunes, Talespin, Duck Tales, Gummi bears, Darkwing Duck, rescue rangers, care bears, winnie the pooh, tigger, its a small world from the theme park ride we could not bear to have hymns she was so cheerful and brave she deserved to have her favourite tunes. her brother was very brave too he wrote a eulogy and prayer for her and managed to stand up and read it out, she would have been proud of him i could not do it neither could her dad. It was the first time in 47 years of marriage i have seen him cry. thankyou again for being her friend. She has a doll just like the one in the picture. she would have loved the care bears t shirt its wearing. bless you . beve simpson think of her sometimes and offer up a prayer

Back