• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Scrappers AND Fakes/Counterfeits for 2021

Are the Dark Tales like the Beloved Tales? I love the Frozen Beloved Tales, but I'd like to find the fantasy version someone posted, since the "official" has a huge official mistake and has the silver stripe in Anna's hair! eek! Guess the continuity department failed to check that one! :)

Are the Dark Tales like the Beloved Tales? I love the Frozen Beloved Tales, but I'd like to find the fantasy version someone posted, since the "official" has a huge official mistake and has the silver stripe in Anna's hair! eek! Guess the continuity department failed to check that one! :)

Yes. Basically it features the villain in the tale, rather than the hero.

there are fakes or maybe they are scrappers with the right hair (No stripe)

Yes. Basically it features the villain in the tale, rather than the hero.

there are fakes or maybe they are scrappers with the right hair (No stripe)

Well, it wouldn't be a scrapper. Maybe a fake, definitely a fantasy. Although Disney is the fantasy! -grin- I've never seen a real one form this series yet, but they look beautiful when you see people's real pictures!

Has anyone else noticed some auction sellers selling multiples of the same pin or sets of the pins from the WDI Mother’s Day and Father’s Day pins with Tiana, Aurora, Prince Philip, and Mulan from maybe two years ago?

Did the 60th Diamond Anniversary pins get scrapped? I’ve seen them pop up on the bay for dirt cheap and those use to be really rare. When the Pascal with a diamond is popping up for cheap.

Did the 60th Diamond Anniversary pins get scrapped? I’ve seen them pop up on the bay for dirt cheap and those use to be really rare. When the Pascal with a diamond is popping up for cheap.
I saw this, too. I’ve seen the Beast diamond for like super cheap. I have seen some of the diamonds from sellers with the WDI Mother’s Day pins that I questioned.

I feel I saw a recent Facebook about that but I can’t locate it now. I remember the dwarves, nephews, balloo, and shelliemae were on there? Pretty sure there were others listed also. Wish I could find the post but I remember it saying they looked really good.

Bummer! So many of the newer BT got scrapped and it stinks for people that had to buy on the secondary market at inflated prices. I bought my Coco BT for over $100 early on and now scrappers are selling for like $15. Grrr!
I saw this, too. I’ve seen the Beast diamond for like super cheap. I have seen some of the diamonds from sellers with the WDI Mother’s Day pins that I questioned.

“Just a PSA for everyone, the new fake WDI Diamonds are now for sale on ebay, the ones I see are:
Baymax
Beast
Cheshire
Nephews
Baloo
Duffy
Pascal
Happy, Sneezy, Bashful, Doc, and Grumpy.
Be careful, I haven't inspected one yet but from the pictures they look very good.”
Found the post right after lol. Here’s what I was referring to.

I'm pretty sure these pins have been scrapped. :( The Disney Jazz pins.

s-l225.webp

Yes.

Also, I figured out what the original pins were that had been scrapped. It was those comics (monthly/quarterly release for the year!)
Wow. It seems like everything is getting faked these days. I was glad I was able to get a park pickup for the comic one that I wanted.
Just saw the “my cat” pin for too good of a price that I started to question if it had been faked too. Glad I gave up on that collection a while ago.

Does anyone know if the Christmas Jammie pins have been scrapped? Also, has the fairytail framed set been scrapped? Saw some pop up at a good price but maybe too good to trust.

Does anyone know if the Christmas Jammie pins have been scrapped? Also, has the fairytail framed set been scrapped? Saw some pop up at a good price but maybe too good to trust.

The framed set - do you mean the pets small world one?

I don't know about the Christmas jammies though.

Just a recap, all Dark Tales have been scrapped: This is 12 from the first set (Villains event), 5 from the second set (surprise release), and 12 from the third set (D23).

In case someone needs the names, rather than pictures, here goes:
Sleeping Beauty - Maleficent
Princess and the Frog - Dr. Facilier
Cinderella - Lady Tremaine
101 Dalmatians - Cruella De Vil
Hercules - Hades
Emperor's New Groove - Yzma
Alice in Wonderland - Queen of Hearts
The Little Mermaid - Ursula
Snow White - The Evil Queen
Fantasia - Chernabog
The Lion King - Scar
Aladdin - Jafar
Tangled - Mother Gothel
Robin Hood - Prince John
Beauty & the Beast - Gaston
Wreck it Ralph - King Candy
Peter Pan - Captain Hook
The Aristocats - Edgar
Sword in the Stone - Madame Mim
Ratatouille - Chef Skinner
Pocahontas - Governor Ratcliffe
Up - Charles Muntz
Hunchback of Notre Dame - Claude Frollo
Toy Story - Sid
Pinocchio - Stromboli
Mulan - Shan Yu
Jungle Book - Shere Khan
Zootopia - Bellwather
Enchanted - Narissa

All eight D23 Beloved Tales (2019) have also been scrapped. In case you need to know the names, here goes:
The Emperor's New Groove
Cars 3
Coco
Moana
Wreck it Ralph 2 (Ralph Breaks the Internet)
Incredibles 2 - Edna & Jack Jack
Frankenweenie
Nightmare Before Christmas

These other Beloved Tales have been scrapped and/or fakes:
Wreck it Ralph (not very many out there so likely a true scrapper)
Up (not many out there so likely a true scrapper)
Frozen
Big Hero 6
Good Dinosaur
Zootopia
Inside Out
Monsters University
Cars 2
Planes

The framed set - do you mean the pets small world one?

I don't know about the Christmas jammies though.
Yup! That was the set I was thinking of. I was looking at some of the other pins that the seller had for sale and many of them I remember have been scrapped. :(

Others (not sure if we had mentioned this last year)

WDI Mr. Toad pins. Again, for some odd reason, I can no longer copy & paste photos, but they are listed on Pin Trading Database as pin numbers 9855 to 9861, released at D23 in 2015.

The ones I see are Angus, Moley, Ratty, Winkie

Yup! That was the set I was thinking of. I was looking at some of the other pins that the seller had for sale and many of them I remember have been scrapped. :(

OK, I just did a search and it looks like it may have:

At least Nana. I will do some more digging.

Back