• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Splash Mountain Park Cruisers pin

Do you think they’ll release the March 2020 Park Cruisers Splash Mountain pin?

• Yes, at Disney Parks

• Yes, at the Disney Outlet stores

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Splash Mountain Park Cruisers pin
I know someone who got one. And I saw at least one up on ebay for $600. I thought it would be higher honestly.
Agreed… I think it was set up as a best offer/buy it now vs auction so someone got a really good deal- though I know one that was traded estimated trade value was about that..

I personally put the value in the 1k mark if not higher (cause if profiles that are known to have 100+ exist go for over 1k a pin vs a pin with equal if not higher demand with 6 known exist…)

Part of the reason mine is non negotiable because I can’t figure out a fair value for it-

I know someone who got one. And I saw at least one up on ebay for $600. I thought it would be higher honestly.
I think everyone knows deep down that like Roger Rabbit these will find their ways into the outlets eventually. No clue why they haven’t dropped them yet but there have been a few oddballs that eventually show up (Snow White Window for example).

I think everyone knows deep down that like Roger Rabbit these will find their ways into the outlets eventually. No clue why they haven’t dropped them yet but there have been a few oddballs that eventually show up (Snow White Window for example).
I'd strongly guess the actual run were destroyed. The company does NOT want to be associated with this film at all anymore, even in merchandise. I don't expect this one to ever see the light of day and I think even these AP's getting out were because higher ups didn't realize they were mixed in with other pin board offerings or they would've been pulled, too.

Agreed… I think it was set up as a best offer/buy it now vs auction so someone got a really good deal- though I know one that was traded estimated trade value was about that..

I personally put the value in the 1k mark if not higher (cause if profiles that are known to have 100+ exist go for over 1k a pin vs a pin with equal if not higher demand with 6 known exist…)

Part of the reason mine is non negotiable because I can’t figure out a fair value for it-
Agreed. But you and I are longtime AP/PP collectors, which is its own niche, and see the unique value in them that other people who don't collect them don't always share. :)

Reactions: -em
I'd strongly guess the actual run were destroyed. The company does NOT want to be associated with this film at all anymore, even in merchandise. I don't expect this one to ever see the light of day and I think even these AP's getting out were because higher ups didn't realize they were mixed in with other pin board offerings or they would've been pulled, too.
Didn’t they release Splash Mountain pins during the pandemic?

I agree with @Jabberwocky (who certainly has the inside knowledge on this one). The fact that the Splash Mtn Cruisers have not been found in outlets means it isn't going to happen. All the rest of those March 2020 pins dropped at least a year ago.

For those of you who pulled them off the boards? Were you the first guests to view the board when you found it? I imagine you were there right before a board refresh?

For those of you who pulled them off the boards? Were you the first guests to view the board when you found it? I imagine you were there right before a board refresh?
The spouse was like 4th or 5th to a refreshed board when he pulled ours. He grabbed it because I collect Frontierland and it looked cool. He had zero idea what he had till he showed others and their mouths dropped. I was on the other board (we like the double board lines) and had nothing special lol

Didn’t they release Splash Mountain pins during the pandemic?
That's around when they started pulling them out of circulation but it was also in the midst of a majority of Consumer Products employees being furloughed so people who should have caught things and pulled them were not there to do so. I seem to recall some other Splash pins being removed from previously released sets around then though (like they have since pulled Si & Am out from previously released sets as well). I don't think anything Splash/SotS would be allowed at this point except by mistake as with these AP's/PP's which were probably sitting in a box for the past couple of years while there was no in person pin events and people were furloughed/laid off who knew of their existence.

Back