• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

TRADING Swap Box #2 around the USA

As promised! Here is my haul!

tY0PL1R.jpg

I had to snap a quick pick before the scavengers saw the pins! This was literally a second or two before my littlest decided to snatch both Goofy pins and run away with them.

Thought the Jasmine would be perfect for my oldest since he loves pink and she is his girlfriend.

I was in awe of some of the beautiful pins that @Ajk put in the box. They were tempting me to start new collections but I held off. Thanks again for the amazing pins!
Love the pins you selected.

I. Had. Loads. Of. Fun. I picked some, changed my mind, picked some more, changed my mind, picked some to put in, changed my mind, picked some more to put in, changed my mind…. It was an endless loop but in the end it was time.

So I took the advice, let go of the anxiety of making sure it was all perfect, reloaded the boxes (included a few extras too just because), boxed it all up and taped it up… and as I reinforced the last corner of the box I see, wait, is that a crease? Oh crap…. It’s a 3-4” slit in the side…. Does it go through? Yep - 3 fingers slide right into it.

I’m beginning to think the USPS cut back on the quality of their boxes since this is the 3rd box for this swap. Reprint the postage, grab more tape and scissors, run off to the post office, grab a new box, take it all with us to an appointment (didn’t allot time to wrap again), repackage it all inside a reusable grocery bag (just in case the new box gets a tear), back into the box, seal the box during the appointment, and dropped it off at the main post office last night (thankfully it’s close and open late). It’s en route now.

I do believe a few of you weren’t sure of my humor and worried I might not send the box on, but I did - it just took me the whole week (I appreciate firm deadlines). So, I will not be offended in the least if I’m kicked to the end of the line next time because I caused too much anxiety for those waiting after me. :). But really what I’ve come to realize is I should probably volunteer to host the next one. That way I don’t have to stress about whether and which older pins to include; I’ll just put them all in and let you lovely pin-friends sort it out. :) And I’m done.

Oh wait… you just started reading my post to see what I picked.

I love my new treasures. Thank you to all those before me. I have something for possibly every collection I’ve got going. Which undoubtedly means I have too many collections, to which I say again: I should probably host the next one.
Nice selection! I really like the Mushu and card pins

Sorry for the delay. Sis & I each got notices at work that we had been potentially exposed to someone with the dreaded COVID-19 so we left the pins at our parents' home and then went to quarantine away from them. Anyhow, we only log-in from there (I tried through TapaTalk but was unsuccessful). No symptoms yet for either of us, so I think we are good.

I'll take pictures tonight and post tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay. Sis & I each got notices at work that we had been potentially exposed to someone with the dreaded COVID-19 so we left the pins at our parents' home and then went to quarantine away from them. Anyhow, we only log-in from there (I tried through TapaTalk but was unsuccessful). No symptoms yet for either of us, so I think we are good.

I'll take pictures tonight and post tomorrow.
Sorry you had to quarantine, great news of no symptoms! Stay safe and stay well.

Hopefully this works:

Mulan and Cri-Kee for sis. We liked the sayings on Lady Tremaine and the candy pin. I may wear Lady Tremaine on my lab coat :) Jasmine because we like horses and have the Belle in that set. Then those ducks are just so cute

Mickey for sis too. Duffy for both of us. Sis took out Shellie May that a friend got for us straight from Tokyo Disney Sea (he picked out the exact bear based upon the expression in her eyes and face).
Grogu for both of us too. The white and black hidden Mickey pin because we already have 3 in the set.

Hopefully this works:

Mulan and Cri-Kee for sis. We liked the sayings on Lady Tremaine and the candy pin. I may wear Lady Tremaine on my lab coat :) Jasmine because we like horses and have the Belle in that set. Then those ducks are just so cute

Mickey for sis too. Duffy for both of us. Sis took out Shellie May that a friend got for us straight from Tokyo Disney Sea (he picked out the exact bear based upon the expression in her eyes and face).
Grogu for both of us too. The white and black hidden Mickey pin because we already have 3 in the set.

Thanks for sharing! Super fun! LOVE that Grogu! Do you guys like Baby Yoda? :)

So fun! I tell you . . . it is super fun to sit and decide and choose what to put in that you think someone down the line might like! -grin-
I agree! It was also fun preparing the pins for the other swap box.

It is neat to go through the box and find interesting pins that you 1) were looking for 2) did not know about - and now want 3) know someone else will want it.

Back