• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Taking the plunge & Introducing myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking the plunge & Introducing myself

LovetheSorcerer

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Becky. I'm probably the oldest member of the group - just turned 60! Started collecting pins in August 2010 when I found out we were going to Disney World with the Grandchildren in July 2011 -- I kept asking my daughter, why July -- it is going to be so hot!! But that is the time they chose. I don't know what made me search eBay for Disney pins, but I bought one of those 60 grab bags and that was the start of it.

Then trying to understand it all, I asked one of the people I buy from about it and he said I should pick a character -- so, I picked the Sorcerer's Apprentice. Found Pin Pics which really has helped me out; found Diz Pins - joined that group, but only lurked.

Then I was searching the Internet for the Brenda White Sorcerer Pin and found Caroline Hill. Purchased the pin from her -- love it - can't wait for Christmas, so I can start wearing it. Caroline told me about this site, so here I am.

I hope to learn more about the pin collecting from you all and would like to make online friends too.

Sorry this is so long, but now you know who I am. I live in Ocean Isle Beach, NC -- too far from Disney World :sad:

I am really glad you made it to the site and decided to post, Becky! Welcome, and a big howdy! I'll be thinking of you on Christmas, imagining you wearing the BW Sorcerer Mickey. :)

Welcome Becky - and you are not the oldest by any means. I've got you beat - but we are all just kids at heart. After all, that's what Walt intended. Hope you enjoy these boards as much as I do. Everyone here is fantastic - and I like the Sorcerer's Apprentice too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back