• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Thank you, Michaela! (GingerNutty)

ZAPPED! Thank you, Michaela! (GingerNutty)

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
This is another long overdue thank you.

A couple weeks ago, I received a surprise package, all the way from England. When I read that the return address was from Michaela, I got pretty giddy. For those of you who don't know Michaela, or Gingernutty here on the forum, she is only one of the sweetest people in the world. I was lucky enough to be her Secret Santa recipient in 2012, and I was blown away by the gifts she sent.

Despite being a total stranger, she went all out and sent me not only multiple pins for my various collections, but also took the time to make me several very special items, including a hand-embroidered Figaro brooch that to this day, I consider my most-beloved pin.

Since then, I have kept in touch with her - both here on the forum, and on Instagram. Despite never meeting her in person, I consider her a good friend, and one of the kindest and most creative people I know.

When I got another package from her this year, I was like "No way... No way could she have been matched with me for Secret Santa, again."

Well, it turns out I was right. This time, the package she sent had nothing to do with an exchange. She was just giving me presents out of the kindness of her heart.

I opened up the envelope and found a bunch of goodies, including:

- the cutest Christmas card ever, featuring a pug wearing a Santa hat (I'm a pug lover, so I pretty much died of excitement from the card alone)

- candy canes and chocolate

- tea light candles that not only smelled amazing but were shaped like MICKEY MOUSE

- a really awesome spinning Madam Mim pin that I didn't even know existed (It has Madam Mim in human form on one side, and in dragon form on the other! I love it so much I ended up zapping my former favorite Madam Mim pin to another SITS lover, and this pin took its special place on my pin board.)

AND... BEST OF ALL...

She painted me this! Is it not the most adorable thing ever?

I love Peter Pan, and Tiger Lily is one of my absolute favorite characters of all time. This couldn't be more special to me. Tears spring to my eyes just thinking about it.

I truly love and appreciate every zap I receive - whether it's just a little card, a couple stickers, a small toy, or a pin. It means a lot to me that anyone would care enough to take the time to send me something, just because.

But I have to confess - Handmade zaps are my absolute favorite. (ESPECIALLY when they're made by someone as talented as Michaela! Hee hee.)

Here's a picture of it now, in its place of honor at the center of my (non-pin) Peter Pan collection:

Michaela, I hope you know how much this precious little piece of art means to me - I can tell you honestly that I will cherish it forever.

And also, my dear, I can tell you that this means war. You can expect another package coming your way sometime between New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day. (I will let you know once it's been sent!)

Mwahahahahahhahaha!

Congratulations on the zaps!!! But you have been listening to my babblings too often. You are starting to sound a lot like me. :lol:

Wtg Michaela, wonderful gifts!!! Plus a great person to zap!!!

Absolutely incredible zaps!!! Michaela is a sweetheart...and what great work on the painting!!! :bigthumb: I can't believe how much artistic talent is here in the forums! Yay! Congrats!

Beautiful!! Gingernutty is so talented and that painting looks lovely in your display!! So happy for you and way to go gingernutty!! :hsd: