• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Ghost has finally gained solid form

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ghost has finally gained solid form

Bshmerlie

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ahh....I can finally post. Does anyone ever wonder what it would feel like to read threads but never have the ability to respond? It feels like you're in the room but no one can see or hear you. You're a Ghost.

Welcome everybody!!!

My name is Cheri. Many of you may know me from PinTalk or camping at DSF. I have been in the pin trading hobby for about two years but only seriously for about 6 months or so. I have season passes at DL where my daughter and I go quite frequently. We just started out trading with the cast members and then stopped by LGM and wanted to trade with the big boys. But my collection was simple and full of hidden mickeys. :) So I ventured into the LE market and DSF and the rest is history.

My collection kind of lacks focus. I have pins from all Disney-Pixar movies. I keep just one pin book and as new things come in I either sell or trade to make room for them. I primarily just collect grails now. I still have some OE pins left but they are now becoming more sparce in my book. I am focusing most of my attention now on Gomes pins. I majored in Art in college and really appreciate the artistic side of those pins...with Gomes Nemo at the top of my list. Although Sprite does come in a very close second simply because it is so amazingly beautiful.

My entire pin collection is also in my trades. I am not married to any pin so they are all up on the trading block. Although I do warn you the Gomes pins are probably only going to be traded for other Gomes pins.

I am not a completionist of any thing. I don't feel the need to have every pin of a particular character or series. I only want the best of each one.

I look forward to trading with everyone here....and its good to finally be able to talk to you all.

Happy Trading,

Cheri

Welcome to DPF! I saw your new Gomes pins on Pin Talk and was jealous and admiring at the same time! You definitely have some grails. :p

hhiiii and welcome! =)

Have you thought about narrowing your collection down to something specific at all? Or you like a little bit of everything and you can't pick something?

hhiiii and welcome! =)

Have you thought about narrowing your collection down to something specific at all? Or you like a little bit of everything and you can't pick something?

Well, I thought about it and I like HTF grail type pins of various characters. But if I had to say what I primarily collect I would say UP, Enchanted and Tangled. The reason I say just those three is because those are the only ones that I buy OE pins for and they are the ones that I have been willing to spend the big bucks for on individual pins. Although the most expensive pin I've ever bid on was a Disney Auctions Little Mermaid LE100. That one I went up to $375 on and even though I didn't win it...it was the highest I've ever bid on a single pin. I also really like Beauty and the Beast but haven't found myself willing to go over the $150 range even on the most rare of pins. Not that I wouldn't be willing I just haven't found the pin that I would do that for. The Problem is I like really nice large pins but the LM and the Beauty and the Beast really nice ones go for several hundred dollars and I really don't like going over $200 for any pin. So some of the super high end grails I probably wont be getting unless I can package a group of pins to get those.

Opps I also forgot to add that I collect all of the large Cast type pins. I really like those and have been willing to fork out good money or good traders for.

And I hate to say it but I've jumped on the PTD bandwagon...but only the larger ones. I really don't like small tiny pins.

As I said before I only keep one pin book and I've found that the PTDs fit in the hole at the top of cards of the pins in my book. So really they don't take up any additional space...so why not collect them? :)

Hello and Welcome Cheri. I too am a DSF line waiter. :) I also have kind of jumped on the PTD bandwagon but, unfortunately I live a little far and most of the time I just get them when I go to the pin releases. Hope to see you at the Monster U release. -Rachel J.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back