• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The new WDI princess pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new WDI princess pins
Where do you guys get your info so far in advance of what is coming out? I can't seem to ever find information on what's being released until its too late.

People get inside information and want to drive hype so they post on pinpics to try to set up pretrades and get buzz going. But WDI flyers on the Hub are meant for internal eyes only and are often not 100% accurate with what/when something is coming out. I have seen the flyer for Feb, pin 99829 was put on eBay weeks ago and taken down. There was a thread on here about it. People can and will lose their jobs if/when Disney finds out they have posted internal hub screenshots or let information be released early.

Many of these popular pins will sell out online before they are sold at MoG and even then it is a store only CM's and guests can enter so there's really no point to blabbing about them way in advance other than to hype them up for resale/presale. Which Disney employee's aren't supposed to do either. Some may pre-trade, which they can do. But a LE250 Rapunze/Flynn/Pascal doesn't really need pre-hype. It will be an instant hit. The ones prehyping mean to resell/pretrade. The ones trying to keep it quiet are probably just wanting it for themselves.

But the person who posted those pins seems to have lots of insider info. I'd be more careful sharing that connection, for the connections sake if I were them. The same person also sees pins early from a certain eBay seller in China. If you watch their listings you can sometimes see scrapper pins they are selling before the actual real pin is released. Tips people off. Like the Jumbo Ariel DSF surprise release. People knew of the Jumbo surprise weeks before the release. So they drag their friends/family in full force knowing. To me it's on par with insider trading. But it's just a hobby right?

Many of these popular pins will sell out online before they are sold at MoG and even then it is a store only CM's and guests can enter so there's really no point to blabbing about them way in advance other than to hype them up for resale/presale.

Except the blabbing does help those Disney employees who work outside the SoCal circle know that they need to get on the Intranet and go to the Mickey's of Glendale site and order the pins like they are completely permitted to do. For them it does help level the playing field a little bit. Yeah, they can always check on Wednesdays, but in the case of my family member, there's a job to do that takes precedence, and at the end of the day, they may be too tired to remember to check. So having a reminder is nice. Even once pins are released at WDI, it can take quite awhile for those pins to end up on Pinpics, lots of pins slip through the cracks until it's too late.

If some one works at disney world can they buy the wdi pins online?

yeah, on the Hub

Just to clarify. CM's can access the Hub on their home computer, but WDI's website is limited to the Intranet, so you have to access the website from Disney property. My family member works in an office that has access, but prior to that they would visit a Disney Learning Center to use a computer that would work.

I seriously just found out about the store's website & on my next payday, before I start to work, I'm gonna be ordering many pins LOL. Especially those stained glass villain pins. But I'll be on the lookout & see if they'll be released anytime soon. Cause I really would love a Jasmine & Tiana one! :D

The portraits would only be those that are in the Fairytale Hall inside new Fantasyland at WDW. So, Mulan, Rapunzel, Snow White, Jasmine, Aurora, Tiana are it until Disney updates the hall with more princesses?

does anna have a portrait

I heard Anna is going to eventually move into the Fairytale Hall, in which case she will get a portrait, eventually, but not soon enough for this release. This release (if or when it happens) would be only the ones that currently exist, which starry_solo mentioned above (Mulan, Rapunzel, Snow White, Jasmine, Aurora, Tiana) which does not include Anna.

The portraits would only be those that are in the Fairytale Hall inside new Fantasyland at WDW. So, Mulan, Rapunzel, Snow White, Jasmine, Aurora, Tiana are it until Disney updates the hall with more princesses?

The portraits in Fairytale hall don't accurately represent who actually meets in the hall. When you come up to the hall you choose between two lines...

-if you go to the left line you meet Rapunzel and Snow White
-if you go to the right line you meet Cinderella and Aurora.

So even though Tiana, Jasmine, and Mulan are represented in the portraits they do not actually meet in the hall. Tiana meets outside in Liberty Square, Jasmine meets outside in Adventureland, and Mulan doesn't meet at the Magic Kingdom at all...she only meets at the China pavilion in Epcot.

And even though Cinderella does meet at Fairytale hall, she does not have a portrait.

I heard Anna is going to eventually move into the Fairytale Hall, in which case she will get a portrait, eventually, but not soon enough for this release. This release (if or when it happens) would be only the ones that currently exist, which starry_solo mentioned above (Mulan, Rapunzel, Snow White, Jasmine, Aurora, Tiana) which does not include Anna.

The portraits in Fairytale hall are really large in person and there is no space to add a portrait...and I highly doubt they will be switching out the portraits anytime soon (or at all) considering they already don't reflect who actually meets in the hall, and this space has only been open for a few months.

And I have not heard anything about Anna coming to Fairytale hall..the line-up at the hall seems pretty permanent. Anna and Elsa are currently only meeting at the Norway pavilion in Epcot and their demand is INSANE (like 4 hour wait times on some days) so they definitely need to be added to another park. The rumors I have heard are the Town Square Theater at Magic Kingdom (where there are currently two empty meet-and-greet rooms that the princesses just vacated when they moved to Fairytale hall), and/or the Animation building at Hollywood Studios. Anna and Elsa were also just added to the new day parade which debuts in March (Aurora was originally supposed to be in the new parade but now apparently Anna and Elsa will take over her spot on the princess float LOL) so that should also ease up demand a bit for them. Now parents can be like "You saw Anna and Elsa in the parade and they waved to you, so now we don't need to stand in the long line to see them!". LOL

I wouldn't go posting pictures like this if I were you... (and I am a CM...)

The pictures that have currently been posted arent of the pins actually, but of the real pictures within the fairytale princess hall in WDW. So there's nothing wrong with posting those :D

There have been problems with posting WDI pin pics before release though and that is a problem. Hope I clarified things :D

The pictures that have currently been posted arent of the pins actually, but of the real pictures within the fairytale princess hall in WDW. So there's nothing wrong with posting those :D

There have been problems with posting WDI pin pics before release though and that is a problem. Hope I clarified things :D
This was actually referring to a deleted post where someone posted pictures of the website with the pins, should have deleted this too I suppose haha

Anyone have any idea when these pins are being released to CMs on the hub?

If anyone did, I'm sure it would be well known. I'm nearly 100% sure nobody knows exactly (at least I haven't heard anything, but I'm not a CM) but even if someone did have that information, I honestly don't expect them to give it up. These pins are LE200 and if they allows CMs to order 2pp, that means that the day these become available, only 100 people across the entire US will be able to order 2 of them all (and Rapunzel will go fast) so I'm guessing these pins are being kept secret among the CMs IF there is anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back