• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The scrapper : Disney pin trading's black sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching that video, I watched a video that displayed photos of someone's Disney pin collection. Interesting idea. Thanks for posting the link!

Unfortunately scrappers are unauthorized in fact several people have been caught selling them and are either in process of trial or have been convicted guilty...scrappers are more like knock offs then seconds as many are made without Disney permission...there its nothingwrong with collecting them for yourself but please don't pass them on to cast members as most don't know any better and just like anything else you expect a real item but in fact you mostly get fakes thanks to the illegal lots of scrapper pins

Ugh.....so wrong. And I'll leave it at that because I really have nothing good to say about that video.

If (s)he has too much money and wants to throw it at scrappers and then have a good night's sleep thinking that (s)he got a great deal, so be it. World is full of delusional people :lol:

You can always buy a great car from the junk yard and put a BMW emblem on it right? It is legit :lol:

That is nothing new really, nothing special here. Just one more scrapper collector who makes a video. Show is over people, do not feed this person.

Last edited:
It will never cease to amaze me how some people will go to great lengths to justify something that is morally wrong.

The only way I would be okay with scrappers is if they were marketed, marked, and sold as scrappers/seconds. I cannot think of one instance where I have seen these pin lots being labeled as seconds, scrappers, unofficial, or whatever you want to call them. They are being sold as genuine articles, at rock bottom deals, and that is the one thing that I believe to which most of us here take offense. As the old addage goes, "If it's too good to be true; it probably isn't".

If you want to collect scrappers, fine. Just don't take advantage of Disney's CM trading policy and knowingly trade your scrappers for authorized and genuine pins, please. I don't want them and it appears that no one here wants them either.

Guys, why are you still watching these videos? It just boosts their total number of watches.

I didn't watch the first one, and I'm not watching this one.

And there's no point in screaming at someone who has their fingers crammed in their ears going "LALALALA!".

The information is out there, and has been presented to them. If they want to try and justify the...less desirable...stance, then let them. I don't see any good coming from getting worked up- mostly because he isn't going to change his mind, and you guys will be the ones steaming...and it's not worth it.

If we're concerned about this stance hurting the people who may watch it, then perhaps we should make a dos/don'ts pin trading video series of our own.

YES some are just feeding them for attention..WE know there are scrappers out there
theres no need to add how they got them..its just sick I say ...I check everything that comes in my pkgs..
I better NOT get a scrapper!I know I sent a couple out that I had no idea they were
but I made up for it...

Judy

Now, we just need to find someone who's good and personable on camera...anyone here a journalist/actor? :) Or at least decent at public speaking?

Nicole, this is a super idea. It would be a great deed to do as a end-of-year or positive new-year activity from DPF.

I think you should start a new thread for this though. It does not even have to be a person, it can be just written stuff and of course few comparison pics of scrapper vs real pin can be included.

Maybe we can ask Laz for help with the graphics.

This would be a super way to put a positive spin on all these postings from this tiki person.

i do voice work... and also have friends that do the same... if we really can do this...i will help for sure. we need sumone that is a wiz at video making and mixing.... that way we put out sumthing nice and not sum bs little kid home video

Oh my head.. So so so much wrong with that video. I wonder why you disabled comments and ratings? Aw shucks.

If I can help out in any way with that series of Pin Trading videos, please, let me know! I'd love to help out!!!!!!!!!

.... so.... so much wrong with that video.

Hey the1andonlytikicarol, get a life! Don't you have anything better to do then to make these stupid videos? Maybe if you found a way to contribute to society you could afford authentic pins! :crazy:

I don't even know why you are on this forum at this point. You need to be kicked out.

Last edited:
Boy you guys can be mean. I don't want you ever mad, upset, or whatever you guys are at me. Let's be a bit nicer this is supposed to be a fun and informative web-site. Ok I'll go back to the Ellen site now lol.

confusing? at first i thought it was sarcasim.....but i guess it was serious. I dont get the point of making a youtube video condoning and actually defending buying stolen goods? I dont care how anybodys twists it to thier liking it is the same as you being robbed and your stuff being sold to the public //and the buyers KNOWING they are buying your stolen stuff and not giving a sh@t. I agree with someone above, that it is cowardly to then disable comments. Oh well KARMA"S out there. good luck.

5055032357_69d1d1be72.jpg

Okay, I am officially feeling old & out of touch since I had to look up the meaning of trolling.

Wiktionary reports:
"A person posts a deliberately provocative message to an internet message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument"

I was still confused, until I read the second definition:
"
optical ejections from the top of the electrically active core regions of thunderstorms that are red in color that seem to occur after tendrils of vigorous sprites extend downward toward the cloud tops"

So I must say that I agree with other members: scrappers, bad videos, vigorous sprites, and other optical ejections should be avoided at all costs.

Have a great evening everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back