• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Thoughts on over-valuing pins while trading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on over-valuing pins while trading?
Does anyone know a relatively decent site or something to value pins for selling? I'm worried about buying pins from strangers, haha... I don't know what's a decent price. Like, is $29 good for the Pumpkin Stitch pin - Pin 116822??

(Sorry, I don't know where else to ask!)

ebay

Does anyone know a relatively decent site or something to value pins for selling? I'm worried about buying pins from strangers, haha... I don't know what's a decent price. Like, is $29 good for the Pumpkin Stitch pin - Pin 116822??

^ Yep! Search for the pin you're looking for on eBay and - this is the important part - click on "filter" and then check on "completed" or "sold" items. It will give you an idea of what the pin has sold for in the recent past. Sold items are in green, items that didn't sell are in red.

(Just looking at prices of items that are currently for sale doesn't always help, as sellers can list their items for any price. Doesn't mean people will pay it. So there are a lot of really overpriced pins on eBay that just sit there.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think that everyone has the right to trade based on whatever value they want, but the other person also has the right to say no for the exact same reason. What kills me, and this has happened to me so many times before, are the people who will either A.) post something for sale, but trade it "at a higher value", even though they've just said what they value it at, or B.) openly admit that they want to over trade their pin- ask for more in exchange than what they know and say their pin is worth. I don't know if that all makes sense, but it just immediately makes me want to have nothing to do with them.

i just checked and it seems that the eBay listings for this pin are rather varied (between $15 and $35 mostly). I wouldn't say $29 is a particularly great price, although it also really depends on if shipping is included as it is likely from Europe. The other difficult thing about valuing Disney Store UK/ Europe pins is that they have a different value in the UK/ Europe than in the USA. for example, the pumpkin pin sold for £12 in the UK and more than double this in some cases in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back