• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Tron: Deception- A New Grid

Well not being derezzed is always good, i guess i can call that a successful passing of the night. Its going to be a lot of millicycles before Alan gets back to me, so while Im here and while i have access, maybe i can ask you Users about yourselves to get to know you better. I super appreciate everyone who is lending a hand, and i will find a way personally to help you all out for your time. Man, the Grid is intense! A little idle talk will be good for my nerves.

THE ultimate super question, man- what is your favorite video game?

I have to say my fave is Discs of Tron, but I also really like Galaga and Space Paranoids, but i really dig the old NES Kid Icarus and Ocarina of Time on the N64. Classics, man, all of them. I was REALLY digging this new game, Evolution something, before i managed to get myself back into this situation. Cant wait to get out and play again.

Whats your fave?

Kevin

Last edited:
Hey Kevin I got word from Alan. He said to lay low and he can't help from home. My favorite would have to be paperboy, tetris, pole position, and there is a fairly new game I like called portal 2.

Tetris is wicked, man, and ive got both a Tetris and a Pole Position upright in my arcade out there in Userland.

Portal, huh? sounds pretty interesting. Theres a lot of talk about portals on the Grid, besides the one i need to open- seems to be an idea that you can shorten travel time and distance by using them. I dunno, sounds pretty interesting to me, though.

I really want some cake for some reason. Funny what you miss while youre on the grid.

About 145 milicycles now. Boy it sure can get nervewracking. You said youd been to the Grid, didnt you? Do you work for Encom?

Hey thats great, maybe i could have you shoot an email to another friend who could help- you might even know him- Roy Klienberg is technosavvy, one of the best out there, and maybe he can help in a way Alan wouldnt think of. Would you do that for me? His email is popcorncoworker@live.com and hes a sweetheart. Just tell him Kevins in trouble, again, and wants the 411 on the new Encom Tron security clones.

Hey Kevin, Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. had to be in class and also did some coding but I did email Roy asking if he had some help.

Tell him im fine (for now) but i really need to know how to bypass these Tron-Clone Programs. Do they have a weakness? Is there something I can do to not get myself noticed by them? Anything he can do would be awesome, man.

Alan just contacted me trying to get a status update he is getting worried that possibly Clu 2.0 has gotten a hold of you please update a soon as you can

Kevin I got this from Alan.

Krista,

I'm not sure... I know the weaknesses in my own coding, but I don't know what security protocols or weaknesses Junior might have added to his version of the security program. I'll have to see if I can get a copy of his source code. That shouldn't be a problem. Dillinger Jr. has learned by now not to give me any sass.

CLU2 isnt on the Encom Grid, so no worries there. CLU2's coding is too advanced for this system, it would probably crash the whole Grid.

Looks like i am going to have to resort to sneaking past them the old fashioned way. At least i have my disc. I will keep you all posted, and i will see you in a few millicycles.

Last edited:
Portal reached, but there's a problem. Its absolutely too heavily guarded to access, these Programs are everywhere! I need your help again, Users out there in DPF land- can someone contact Alan and ask him if there is something he can do to either a) disable Encom's security Programs or b) can he open me a secondary Portal on the Encom Grid and bring me into the Tron grid?

As usual, his email is Login.User.Alan.One@gmail.com

Hurry, Users!

Last edited:
Kevin,

Alan said he has figured out how to open a portal to the Tron Grid and it won't matter if the portal on the Encom Grid closes because the new portal would be in a diff location

Keep me posted with your status

Excellent, man. Do you think you can get me the Grid coordinates so i can rendezvous and get picked up? At this point with all this security, i am pretty much out of other options.

Kevin,

Alan sent me his just now

Kenzo,

I think I'm being watched here. They've given me nothing but menial tasks all day, so I feel like I'm being given the runaround. It's taken me some time to get this hooked up, but I am pretty sure I've got it working now.

Tell Kevin that the coordinates are as follows: X 5493, Y 10378, Z 2891. It should be in a fairly remote part of the Grid, if I remember correctly, but Kevin will be able to get there.

Hurry and get out of there things seem to be going bad

Great! Thank you so much. I know exactly where that is, and i am sure i can make my way there. Ill let everyone know when i get to the next Grid, thanks!

Alan Just sent me this info

"All right... but I'll need to know when he gets to the portal, since I will need to physically move the data storage device his user data will be on to connect it to the TRON grid. I can't connect to the TRON grid from Encom."

Let me know when your are there so I can let Alan know

Alan Just sent me this info

"All right... but I'll need to know when he gets to the portal, since I will need to physically move the data storage device his user data will be on to connect it to the TRON grid. I can't connect to the TRON grid from Encom."

Let me know when your are there so I can let Alan know

I am finally here, that took me forever. Tell Alan he can do the transfer now!

Back