• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Venting .... just venting .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Venting .... just venting .....
My thoughts
I am sorry people get bad TAs
and yes I have received them and made them myself.
But seriously stop making a big deal over them. It takes 10seconds to view TAs, if its that bad of an offer just delete, it and move on.
I have clicked all pins to try and do a multi pin trade. I traded 7 of my rack/LE pins to someone for an LE 100 jumbo and the only reason the trade worked was because I sent them a TA with around 20 pins that I had that they wanted. They replied saying that it wasn't fair 1:1 ( which I knew) and said he would do it for these 7. the value of the 7 was around that of the 1, so it was a fair deal for us both.

I still think folks shouldn't offer hidden mickey's for LOW LE's. I can see the other point of view, but I dont think it is fair to state that people don't want to trade if they decline unbalanced offers & unfortunately can't find other options from the offerers list

But the point is that there may be a chance that you have something the other person may want but it just isn't on their wants list and therefore the TA won't let you offer it. It isn't that you want to make a cheapo offer, it is that you have no other choice to do so if you want to get in contact with the person and they have no email posted.

Nobody is saying that if you can't find anything that you don't want to trade, it just didn't work out. When I said there are people on Pinpics that don't want to trade online I'm referring to those who haven't maintained their lists in ages and don't even read their TA's. Or ones that are just trolling for lopsided requests to come in. I think there are lots of those types out there.

Last edited:
I still think folks shouldn't offer hidden mickey's for LOW LE's.

The thing is, if I'm clicking off what I would be willing to trade for a higher end pin I really want, I'm naturally inclined to include even the low end stuff. Not because I'm trying to get a low LE for an HM, but because if I have, say, three higher end pins the potential trade partner wants, plus a few HM's from their wants list, I want them to know that I'm willing to kick in a fistful of the low end stuff as well. Sure, I could go through and edit my offers (which is more doable in this situation, trading for a specific pin, than it is for a trade blast session as I described earlier). But even that gets complicated and bizarre, partly due to the option everyone has to be listed as "anonymous" as a pinpics user, and the fact that stuff gets sticky if I'm trying to trade with the same people for multiple pins at one time. If I want to be sure that I make the best offers possible for high-end pins, I'm basically stuck inadvertently blasting out some not-so-hot offers in the process, even if I have the time to edit everything (which I don't, haha).

-JD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back