• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

very let down by a dpf member and also people on pinpics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
very let down by a dpf member and also people on pinpics.
I usually respond to trade requests that I'm not interested in, but not always. I have an extremely busy career, and frankly when I receive a trade request I'm usually seeing it on my phone while I'm in the middle of something, have to go back to it later on, then have to go on pinpics and see about a multitrade (as I generally only do multitrades) - the whole process is really time-consuming (and confusing when I have multiple requests). Personally, I would rather my requests NOT be responded to rather than a "no thanks" email I have to delete - I just don't see the point in responding with a "no." To me, it's like listing something on eBay and expecting people to message you "no thanks, not interested." That's just me though. :p

I agree 100% with this assessment.

Does DPF and/or Pinpics (still) do the third party trading option (each trader sends their LBE to a neutral DPF/Pinpics person and when both LBEs get there, then they are sent on, so no one loses their pins)?

Yes they do...well, they did at least up until the transfer of ownership. I can't remember her name, but someone at Pinpics helped me do a trade with a new trader a few months ago and she was lovely and very helpful. And here, Bricklayer has helped me out before. I think all you have to do is ask. :)

Don't let it get you down, we have allready PM't eachother and have been victom of the same persons acts.
I assume that the person in question know knows what his actions have caused.
We wont let those people spoil the fun, I allready received the next package that put a smile back on my face again.
And I'm ready to pass the smile. Lets have some fun again ...

I feel your pain. Pinpics let me down too.

They don't like me, so they deleted my name on all the pins I contributed and even deleted my Picture for Tigger Torandoes when I added it.

There are meanies everywhere!

(this is mentioned with a slight hint of sarcasm)

Dont let it get you down, I too had 0 success with pinpics but since joining herek have had 3 trades this week! Dont let 1 horrible person ruin ur enjoyment of pins :) I noticed ur in the UK - fancy a trade. I have the tinkerbell kisses pin on ur wants list, would u like to trade for it? :)

There are all kinds of people in this world and its hard to say that everyone is dependable. Please don't let it get to you. I see it that if a person signs up for PIF (Pin It Forward), they are making a conscious choice to participate. By them not honoring that participation, they are only damaging their own reputation as a trader. And word does get around. As for trades on Pinpics, when a person accepts a trade and then does not complete their end of the trade, that too does damage. It is also a breach in a contract of sorts. What is worse is when they take the time to send reasons or excuses for their delay, but still not send the pin. And when they finally stop messaging you with promises to mail their pin, you discover their email address has changed. It does not look good and will slowly affect the amount of trades they will do. My belief is what comes around eventually goes around and they will get their dues.

i agree with the above statements, dont take it personal, and a no reply is a no thanks...BUTn as far as voluntarily playing PIF and then not sending out your pin is totally BS and rude and hurtful and greedy, you got YOUR pin but cant send one? well now that tiggermickey knows about that i think those folks should get a warning and then a ban, just like with the secret santa.....also before you add your name to the PIF list you can check the person ahead of you--feedback score. what a darn shame and SHAME ON YOU whoever is doing this.

As an Irish pin trader, I have experienced all elements of this ...

I have sent PIF's to all I have promised them too and there are people I have never received my PIF from, and even received some fakes.

I have fulfilled my end of the Pinpics trade, only to receive fakes in return, or worse I received nothing nothing ... it is easy to get burned.

I would also like to point out that for a lot of us, this is a hobby (obsession). And as with hobbies it means that sometimes peoples lives and circumstance change.

I recently discovered (today) that even paying that extortionate amount on postage, they will only guarantee that the package is delivered, and not that the package is delivered to the intended recipient. This is because the final delivery on international letter deliveries is being fulfilled by a partner company and not by the company I have paid my hard earned money too.

As a result I was recently unable to get online as I was traveling and working for a company, and hence why I have not been on the forum for quite a while. When I got time to look at my emails I had aver 11,000 in my inbox which I have spent my time working through (and about a 1,000 in my spam which google seems to automatically empty every 30 days), never mind logging in to check all the sites/forums of which I am a member.

Out of interest can anyone tell me what has changed in the system that now has emails from here automatically being classified as SPAM by gmail?

My problem is that I send the packages as registered mail, as I like to ensure that they have arrived in their requested location, although I know this is not required, it often means paying an extra $15 to get it from here to the US.

Any way, I have now discovered that a package I had been informed by the post office had been delivered has probably not arrived at the intended recipient. And because it has been recorded as delivered, even though it might not have been to the person I sent it to, I can't even claim, delivered apparently mean delivered ...

In fairness to the person I mailed the package to, they had sent me 2 messages to check and see if I had sent it, but as I had not checked my spam folder I had not seen that they had come in. Just today I was in front of the computer cleaning up my mailbox and I received a new piece of SPAM which turned out to be a notification from the site here. When I logged in I had over 10 items in my notification. Including requests for Dublin Vinylmations (no longer being sold in the store), messages from member s and friendship requests.

Anyway, I guess I'll just send it again, but I can't help feeling disappointed.

Does anyone know of another way of sending packages to ensure that they do arrive at the intended locations?

This is why I add insurance, especially with a large trade. I know some people felt I shouldn't because then there are custom fee's etc, but as you pointed out, not everything is delivered to the right location, and then who is responsible?

I have had a package delivered to the wrong address, and I made sure to re-purchase, at my expense, the pins my fellow pin trader never received.

I know the pin trader do if he said it was not delivered there, than it was not. Anyway, until it reaches the person I feel responsible.

I do not know of a way to guarantee delivery to the proper location which seems unfair to us, since we paid for that service in the first place. :-(

Hope all works out for you!!!

Vicki

The registration is supposed to insure goods up up to the value of €50 and I thought that meant insured in case of delivery to the wrong address ... but as apparently USPS had delivered it to someone ... it is therefore deemed to have been delivered.

I will have to look into a different delivery method but as it is ... I think it might preclude me from future PIF in future and in someways is putting me off continuing with the whole process in the future ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back