• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WDW WDW: Fairy Tails annual pin trading event Aug 9-10, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDW WDW: Fairy Tails annual pin trading event Aug 9-10, 2019
Is there some sort of website that could answer a bunch of newbie questions on attending a pin trading event? Lol. Such as the specifics about the RSP process and details on the pre-registration day. :D
Feel free to post your questions here. We're all glad to help. On the questions you posted so far - The people who buy tickets will be able to participate in the RSP. You will get a link to a form to complete where you can specify the pins you want in the order of priority, up to 3 of each pin (likely more for the mysteries). They will then run the RSP and assign out the pins based on a combination of priority specified and how many other people want them. You'll then get a communication back with the pins you were alotted and will be charged based on that. (But you can cancel/return pins if needed.) The pre-registration day is simply an opportunity to register for the event and pick up your pins the day prior to the event so that you don't have to spend time doing it at the event and don't have to carry your pins all day. There is also pin trading opportunity (not the boards, just with other attendees) that day for those that have checked in.
Hope that helps.

While I don't like the new set up, I can't resist is so am going for Best in Show. I'm not thrilled by a lot of the pins so have opened up a co-op. Please check it out if you are not attending and want some pins. It's first come first served so folks at the top of the lists are pretty much "guaranteed" (as much as you can ever be on an RSP). Regardless of whether you sign up with me or someone else, good luck to all on getting the pins you want!

Feel free to post your questions here. We're all glad to help. On the questions you posted so far - The people who buy tickets will be able to participate in the RSP. You will get a link to a form to complete where you can specify the pins you want in the order of priority, up to 3 of each pin (likely more for the mysteries). They will then run the RSP and assign out the pins based on a combination of priority specified and how many other people want them. You'll then get a communication back with the pins you were alotted and will be charged based on that. (But you can cancel/return pins if needed.) The pre-registration day is simply an opportunity to register for the event and pick up your pins the day prior to the event so that you don't have to spend time doing it at the event and don't have to carry your pins all day. There is also pin trading opportunity (not the boards, just with other attendees) that day for those that have checked in.
Hope that helps.

Your post was very helpful! Thank you! One more question, is the 9th the only day you have to pick up the pins? That's the only day I see "RSP product pick up"

Your post was very helpful! Thank you! One more question, is the 9th the only day you have to pick up the pins? That's the only day I see "RSP product pick up"
You typically have until the last day of the event to pick your purchased items up.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Just got off the phone with Disney Events. If you are looking to get the Best in Show Package, they were able to tell me what will be on the "Disney Pin Partners" Trading board. It will consist of pins from DSSH, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai (including APs and PPs). It will not have cast pins from DEC or WDI. :(

Just got off the phone with Disney Events. If you are looking to get the Best in Show Package, they were able to tell me what will be on the "Disney Pin Partners" Trading board. It will consist of pins from DSSH, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai (including APs and PPs). It will not have cast pins from DEC or WDI. :(

Oh wow! Well, I'm disappointed that there is no WDI, but there are a ton of Zootopia and Inside out pins from overseas. AP/PP versions would be pretty sweet.

I know this is a HUUUUUGE pipe dream, but it would be amazing if they had some of those impossible to find Pixar framed sets from Tokyo that they split up and put on that board.

Oh wow! Well, I'm disappointed that there is no WDI, but there are a ton of Zootopia and Inside out pins from overseas. AP/PP versions would be pretty sweet.

I know this is a HUUUUUGE pipe dream, but it would be amazing if they had some of those impossible to find Pixar framed sets from Tokyo that they split up and put on that board.
With D23 within a few weeks of the event, I'm not surprised WDI won't be there for the boards. I kinda had a feeling.

But even so, rarer dsf and the other parks is still a good draw. :) I'm gonna shoot for it, but honestly won't be disappointed if I miss it. XD

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the insight!

Although, I recall something about being able to "line up" up to an hour before? So maybe you can log on as early as noon and be placed in a virtual queue that they randomize and kickoff at 1:00?

Last edited:
Although, I recall something about being able to "line up" up to an hour before? So maybe you can log on as early as new and be placed in a virtual queue that they randomize and kickoff at 1:00?
Oh! You are correct! Thanks for the heads up! Though it looks like being in the waiting room doesn't guarantee a spot either. Huh. This will be a wild ride for sure. XD

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ajk
So you just refresh the page when it's time and the link will show up there? I dont know how to upload a picture so I'm going to try to upload a link for the picture >Imgur

Yes, the links show up on that page. It looks like the 'waiting room' for the Best in Show package queue is already up, and there's a link for the regular package as well though there's still 2 hours until sales start.

Here's how it is for me. The blue text are links.

TI27W1A.png

I've clared cache/cookies checked other browsers but am still getting
"
  • Registration: Check back for registration information—available starting May 7, 2019 at 1:00 PM Eastern Time
Instead of the links....

Interestingly, I was not getting the links until I did a google search for disney world merchandise events. Then I clicked on the link i got for that page, from there to the event, and then got the links.

I've not done this virtual queue before! It says I will be placed in it once the registration opens. I see the countdown clock. Will I see my name on a list at or around 1PM EDT???
Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back