• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WDW WDW: Fairy Tails annual pin trading event Aug 9-10, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDW WDW: Fairy Tails annual pin trading event Aug 9-10, 2019
I received an email, today, asking me to confirm my check-in day for the Fairy Tails Event. It mentioned that the check in would be at Coronado Springs.... May still want to confirm, but it looks like they have made a decision on the Registration location.

I didn't get that email. Did you note the check in date on your original RSP?

Also, I kept checking my email all day yesterday because I was convinced the results date was the 9th. Then I rechecked the other emails and realized that results actually come out this coming Monday the 15th.

Also, I kept checking my email all day yesterday because I was convinced the results date was the 9th. Then I rechecked the other emails and realized that results actually come out this coming Monday the 15th.

Yes, I did choose a check in date, with my initial registration, but there must have been a glitch, as they sent an email yesterday, asking me to pick a check in date. In that email it mentioned that the merchandise would only be available at the Coronado Springs Check in, if I chose that date, otherwise I would have to pick up at the event.

Huh, weird. Ah well, I guess I'm good to go if I didn't get one.

Thank you for the info on the check-in area!

My sister and niece who were waitlisted got an email about when they would be checking in. My other sister and I who did get into the event on the 7th did not get an email. This may have something to do with it.

RSP results are out! Good luck to everyone getting at least one of everything they wanted!

Maximum number of mystery boxes per person is 7. So even if no pins from your boxes are duplicates, you still need to buy/trade from others to complete a set. (You need 8 boxes minimum to do so.)

Hmm. Looking at how the two tiers effected us...

Looks like I got everything I put down, but very few doubles. I think my lowest edition size was 300, so that's a little surprising. Maybe I got lucky.

The mystery box thing just makes me shake my head. It's starting to be a pet peeve of mine when they don't let you have the minimum number of boxes to complete your set. In this case, I'm a little more forgiving, because I'm sure it's demand setting those numbers. Still...slightly annoying.

I got all but one thing I asked for (#28 the Pet Treats box set; I really only wanted Mochi and maybe Dinah), but I didn't get ANY duplicates (except for the 7 boxes of mystery pins). Still, they got a lot of my $$ and I got a lot of the pins I wanted...

EDIT: So I was looking at the catalog again and I think I just(?) figured out that these pins in #28 have FREE-D on them... Does anybody else see this? If so, then I DON'T need them!

Last edited:
I wonder how many extra board tab RSPs were awarded. With my family’s group of 4 people attending, 3 of the 4 were awarded the extra board tabs. Lines! Lines! Lines!

I wonder how many extra board tab RSPs were awarded. With my family’s group of 4 people attending, 3 of the 4 were awarded the extra board tabs. Lines! Lines! Lines!

Good question. I also got one. Maybe there will be an extra board or two to compensate? There is the new Pin Partners board; hopefully that is in addition to the usual amount, instead of replacing one.

I got all but one thing I asked for (#28 the Pet Treats box set; I really only wanted Mochi and maybe Dinah), but I didn't get ANY duplicates (except for the 7 boxes of mystery pins). Still, they got a lot of my $$ and I got a lot of the pins I wanted...

EDIT: So I was looking at the catalog again and I think I just(?) figured out that these pins in #28 have FREE-D on them... Does anybody else see this? If so, then I DON'T need them!

Yes, the treat itself is Free-D.

Ok, thanks. Since we were opting in at registration I figured the results would be sent today with the other RSP results. I guess I'll just have to be a bit more patient. :3

I think the VIP shift definitely affected the RSP distribution. We got a good bit of stuff, but like others have said, next to no duplicates. And if it was a lower LE that I listed past slot 6, we didn't get any at all. :/ Kinda bummed, but that's okay.

Definitely a good RSP without paying to be a premium attendee. Not sure how I feel about the impact on the wallet, but thank goodness for the AP discount.

My daughter and I both passed on the mystery boxes, so hopefully that gave you all some more.

We did get 3 of each of the Event Logo pin, so hopefully we can put together a set of those together.

We also both put in for extra tabs and 1 of us got them.

cc0f83474d5d9decd8120f7c76301421.jpg

From the original posting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had BiS. I think I got everything I wanted.

We got 1/2 extra trading tabs & we didn’t get dupes of anything low LE. Just mentioning for the sake of information gathering! And I totally assumed we would hear about the games when the RSP came back too haha.

I got everything I wanted and I'm so excited! Like everybody else said, no doubles, but for my first pin event I'll be happy with only getting what I wanted. My wallet will be happy too. I also got 6 of the mystery box so at least I'll have something to trade from this event. I only want maybe 4 of the revealed designs so I'll have plenty extras. Hope everyone else at least got what they wanted for themself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back