• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WDW WDW: Fairy Tails annual pin trading event Aug 9-10, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDW WDW: Fairy Tails annual pin trading event Aug 9-10, 2019
I'm excited to see the pins I got but at the same time I'm worried I won't get anything I really want is it possible to end up completely unlucky and get only a few pins I selected?
In my experience, you get most of the pins on your RSP. Especially round 1. But with this one selling out so quickly, and the BiS folks, might be a little riskier this year. Still, should be plenty of pins to go around. Especially if you like Abu or Elliott. :D

In my experience, you get most of the pins on your RSP. Especially round 1. But with this one selling out so quickly, and the BiS folks, might be a little riskier this year. Still, should be plenty of pins to go around. Especially if you like Abu or Elliott. :D
Abu is the only pin I want. :p

Do BiS get preference for ALL rounds of rsp, or is it just the first round that's more or less guaranteed?

All rounds, as far as I know. Which will make dupiclates of lower le pins (like the mini jumbos) fairly unlikely. :/

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Yikes. I can understand Disney wants to make money but I don't think the extra $100 is a fair price for them getting pulled first for all three rounds, plus all the special boards, extra tabs, and extra gifts. Nothing against people who bought it, but that seems a bit overvalued to me.

Yikes. I can understand Disney wants to make money but I don't think the extra $100 is a fair price for them getting pulled first for all three rounds, plus all the special boards, extra tabs, and extra gifts. Nothing against people who bought it, but that seems a bit overvalued to me.
My problem in it is it creates elitism in an already elitist hobby.

Admittedly, they did the BiS tickets at random, which is absolutely the best way to do it, and I know several people who AREN'T elitist got it, which fills my heart with joy. :)

But still, I wish it didn't divide us. The East/West divide does enough as is. XD

My problem in it is it creates elitism in an already elitist hobby.

Admittedly, they did the BiS tickets at random, which is absolutely the best way to do it, and I know several people who AREN'T elitist got it, which fills my heart with joy. :)

But still, I wish it didn't divide us. The East/West divide does enough as is. XD

That's my problem with the way Disney has been for the last 10 years, in general.

If they keep raising their prices (for just about anything and everything), then literally the only people who will be able to afford Disney will be the rich.

There's a difference between "profit" and "obscene profit".

That's my problem with the way Disney has been for the last 10 years, in general.

If they keep raising their prices (for just about anything and everything), then literally the only people who will be able to afford Disney will be the rich.

Agreed. I don't know when, but there will be a day when this will come back to bite them.

b53720f76da025e4f21c1e3e807001d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed my other half does not want to go anymore because of the high prices of everything including the annual passes

So for those of you that might have been disappointed that Beaches & Cream would be under rehab during the event... they pushed back the start date. So early August reservations are now available, but probably going fast.
Ack! That means that Beaches and Cream is now closed the entire time I'm there. Originally, it was open the second week, but now it's showing closed for refurbishment on all of the days.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Do BiS get preference for ALL rounds of rsp, or is it just the first round that's more or less guaranteed?

Yes, BiS gets preference for all rounds. They explained the RSP selection as going like so, with six rounds of distribution:

1- Best in Show RSP 1
2- Furry Friend RSP 1
3- BiS RSP 2
4- FF RSP 2
5- BiS RSP 3
6- FF RSP3

Yes, BiS gets preference for all rounds. They explained the RSP selection as going like so, with six rounds of distribution:

1- Best in Show RSP 1
2- Furry Friend RSP 1
3- BiS RSP 2
4- FF RSP 2
5- BiS RSP 3
6- FF RSP3

Makes me feel a little better to know we aren't at the bottom of the list! For some reason I was thinking all three BiS rounds would be pulled before we were. I only have one for round 2 besides the mystery boxes so that makes it easier!

A couple of questions to people who have been to recent pin events ( the last event I attended was in 2001):
1. How long does it take to pick up your RSP pins and register at Coronado Springs?
2. What time do people get to Epcot in the morning to queue?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

A couple of questions to people who have been to recent pin events ( the last event I attended was in 2001):
1. How long does it take to pick up your RSP pins and register at Coronado Springs?
2. What time do people get to Epcot in the morning to queue?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated
To answer #1 it always depends on when you try to get there. If it's right as it opens, more people will be around. I think the longest I've stood is an hour, but I've also just walked right up before when I got there later in the afternoon. So it just depends.

As for #2 I think people are lining up at least an hour before. I don't usually show up until about 20 or so minutes before because I don't rush for the tables or anything.

To answer #1 it always depends on when you try to get there. If it's right as it opens, more people will be around. I think the longest I've stood is an hour, but I've also just walked right up before when I got there later in the afternoon. So it just depends.

As for #2 I think people are lining up at least an hour before. I don't usually show up until about 20 or so minutes before because I don't rush for the tables or anything.

Thanks, Merlin!
My flight gets in at 11am on Thursday, so I probably won't make it to check-in until 1 and I have a dinner reservation at Disney Springs at 6pm that I dont want to miss but it sounds like I should be able to make it.

Thanks, Merlin!
My flight gets in at 11am on Thursday, so I probably won't make it to check-in until 1 and I have a dinner reservation at Disney Springs at 6pm that I dont want to miss but it sounds like I should be able to make it.

I've only been to one Florida pin event before (Love Is An Adventure a few years ago), and I arrived early afternoon for registration. I only had about a ten or fifteen minute wait at that time since most people checking in on Thursday did so right at the opening. 5 hours should be plenty of time to check in and even do some trading before you need to leave for dinner.

One thing to keep in mind for this year with the two-tiered registration is that Best in Show people have first entry into the event. So if you have a Best in Show registration you have a bit more leeway for getting there on the event mornings since you're guaranteed to be in the first 100 to enter even if you arrive five minutes before open (which I am so thankful for if only because that extra half hour or so of sleep will do me wonders). If you are a Furry Friend and don't want to be towards the back of the crowd, you'll want to plan to get there earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back