• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wedding Editin Rapunzel doll...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wedding Editin Rapunzel doll...
Thanks Shivatopia, I will just have to wait and see then, as we don't have the option of pre ordering :( Can't beleive she's not sold out yet in the US!!

Yes, this release (well, pre-release) has been very tame compared to the madness of more than half of the Designer Dolls, and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it is a pre-order. A lot of people are not as keen to put funds up for something that they will not immediately receive. This makes it easier for people who actually want to own the doll and are willing to wait. I hope that this doll, with her bumped up LE of 8000, does ultimately sell out (after the official March 28th release), because success of this doll will assist Disney in their planning of future LE 17" dolls. If nothing else, trends are one of the most important driving factors for merchandising.

Ugh... In other news, the eBay sellers are already at work listing their pre-sales at bumped up prices and claiming that this doll has sold out. As of a few minutes ago, on the DS website, I am still able to put a LE 17" Wedding Rapunzel into my shopping cart, so that claim is soooo false! Sigh...

Last edited:
From past experiences with these LE 17" Deluxe Princess Dolls...they have never sold out on the first day. Some stores do sell out right away but that depends on their foot traffic.

They take days, weeks, and months to sell out. I started at 9, left at 3 and we only had 4 dolls that were presold. We never advertised them in-store...my managers have this theory that those who really want it and are serious collectors will come to the store and buy them..so when we received the news for the LE doll, we did not share these news with all the guests. But we do have a list of names of previous guests who have bought the other LE dolls and we did call them to let them know about the doll.

And we did enforce the one per household in store. Not sure if other stores are enforcing it

Last edited:
Nope. I didn't win :cry:. Someone else did, one of the newer CMs won. I found out Sunday that I couldn't get one from our store, so I got it online. It would have been nice to have been able to preorder the doll instore so I could choose the doll when I pick it up. Oh well

TBH I don't even know if they even put my name in the drawing. I was not present when they drew the names...and when and how they did it is a mystery to me.
ElleB, were you able to "win" the CM lottery to be able to pre-order at your store, or have you pre-ordered online?

Last edited:
Congratulations everyone!!!

I ordered an extra and my friend did as well, so if anyone is interested in trading her for a 17" Limited Edition Belle, Tiana, or Snow White please let me know in a message :) I don't want to sell these, only fill out my collection a bit more.

My friend and I got there at 7:15 am and were the only ones. By the time we were walked to the store (they took INSANE precautions after what happened with the designer doll release) and by the time the store opened there were only five of us. My friend is super happy about it, as Rapunzel is her favorite. It was so nice to be able to see the display model as well, the pictures really do not do her any justice!

Again, congrats to everyone!!!!

I went to my local DS today to check out the sample doll and the other Ever After merch, and they still had a few preorders left. But I resisted since I already got mine ordered online :)

The sample doll was soooo nice though. This will be my first 17" doll for my collection..I didn't anticipate how big the box actually is :p

And man that limited edition 150$ dress up gown really is gorgeous.

Nope. I didn't win :cry:. Someone else did, one of the newer CMs won. I found out Sunday that I couldn't get one from our store, so I got it online. It would have been nice to have been able to preorder the doll instore so I could choose the doll when I pick it up. Oh well

TBH I don't even know if they even put my name in the drawing. I was not present when they drew the names...and when and how they did it is a mystery to me.

Aw, shucks! That does seem a bit, er, I don't want to say shady, but "behind closed doors"? You were at the store at opening, so it should have been done at a staff pre-opening meet, or something! At least online pre-orders are currently going smoothly.

IThe sample doll was soooo nice though. This will be my first 17" doll for my collection..I didn't anticipate how big the box actually is :p

I know! When I bought last year's LE 17" Rapunzel earlier this month, I was totally not prepared for how big the boxes are. Now, I think I just want to get the Snow White doll from 2009 and also whenever Cinderella and Aurora are released and call it a day. Unless they make a Cruella De Vil LE doll... :p

I went to my local DS today to check out the sample doll and the other Ever After merch, and they still had a few preorders left. But I resisted since I already got mine ordered online :)

The sample doll was soooo nice though. This will be my first 17" doll for my collection..I didn't anticipate how big the box actually is :p

And man that limited edition 150$ dress up gown really is gorgeous.

Same here! This is my first one and when I saw the display I was shocked as to how huge she was! I knew she was the same size as the singing dolls, but seeing it in person was still quite amazing.

Yeah, I question these "Raffles" because I have never won anything from those contests from the 5 years that I have worked there! Anything else I have won through Disney was earned from hard work. I was really mad about the raffle for the other dolls as well.

And that 150 dollar Wedding Gown for Rapunzel for the girls is gorgeous. If I had a little sister, I would have bought that for her!

My first LE 17" doll was actually last year's Rapunzel. I still shudder when I see the first Snow White doll..I feel incredibly stupid for not getting her. I don't know why I passed her up and she was actually lower priced than the other dolls!

Aw, shucks! That does seem a bit, er, I don't want to say shady, but "behind closed doors"? You were at the store at opening, so it should have been done at a staff pre-opening meet, or something! At least online pre-orders are currently going smoothly.

I know! When I bought last year's LE 17" Rapunzel earlier this month, I was totally not prepared for how big the boxes are. Now, I think I just want to get the Snow White doll from 2009 and also whenever Cinderella and Aurora are released and call it a day. Unless they make a Cruella De Vil LE doll... :p

Congrats to everyone who pre-ordered! :D It is such a gorgeous doll and the additional pics disney added show it off as even more stunning! I wish they had gone with the short hair for the standard 12 inch "tangled ever after" doll. Perhaps they could have even done two versions? I just love the short hair look as much as the long hair. Rapunzel can wear her hair any way and pull it off, can't she? ^_^

such a pretty doll. to bad the classic doll has her with her long blonde hair. Still a pretty doll though. The whole wedding line is out at the Disney Store now... very nice merchandise :D

Pre-order LE 17'' Wedding Rapunzel - Voucher Holder

I went to the Disney Store close to where I work at lunch time. I had already pre-ordered the doll online, so I wasn't worried about getting to the store early to get a pre-order. They still had 6 pre-orders left out of the 16 allotted to the store. That reminded me of when I bought Designer Belle in a Disney Store in the afternoon of Labor Day. I bought the next to last Belle that they had that day. Anyway, I decided to get another pre-order, and was happy to see that the voucher holder was very well made and collectible itself. The CM said I could cut off the front cover with the nice photo of the LE doll, and they would keep the back cover with the voucher in the pouch made for it. Here are photos of the holder:

Disney Tangled Ever After Merchandise Purchases - Feb 21, 2012 - 17'' LE Wedding Rapunzel Pre-order Voucher Holder - Front Cover by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Tangled Ever After Merchandise Purchases - Feb 21, 2012 - 17'' LE Wedding Rapunzel Pre-order Voucher Holder - Inside View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Tangled Ever After display was very impressive, with all the Tangled dolls neatly stacked and the LE doll on display next to a promo placard for her. However, the LE doll herself had messed up hair, with half her face covered. I think the staff should have fixed up her hair before putting her on display. Here are some photos I took:

Disney Tangled Ever After Store Display - Feb 21, 2012 - 17'' Limited Edition Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Boxed - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Tangled Ever After Store Display - Feb 21, 2012 - 17'' Limited Edition Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Boxed - Portrait Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Tangled Ever After Store Display - Feb 21, 2012 - 17'' Limited Edition Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Boxed - Closeup Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Tangled Ever After Store Display - Feb 21, 2012 - 17'' Limited Edition Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Box - Closeup Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

I went to the Disney Store close to where I work at lunch time. I had already pre-ordered the doll online, so I wasn't worried about getting to the store early to get a pre-order. They still had 6 pre-orders left out of the 16 allotted to the store. That reminded me of when I bought Designer Belle in a Disney Store in the afternoon of Labor Day. I bought the next to last Belle that they had that day. Anyway, I decided to get another pre-order, and was happy to see that the voucher holder was very well made and collectible itself. The CM said I could cut off the front cover with the nice photo of the LE doll, and they would keep the back cover with the voucher in the pouch made for it. Here are photos of the holder:

Disney Tangled Ever After Merchandise Purchases - Feb 21, 2012 - 17'' LE Wedding Rapunzel Pre-order Voucher Holder - Front Cover by drj1828, on Flickr

That is so cool! It looks like a wedding invitation! :) Congrats on your pre-order and thanks as always for the wonderful pics! ^_^

That is so cool! It looks like a wedding invitation! :) Congrats on your pre-order and thanks as always for the wonderful pics! ^_^

Thats lovely, if anything like the designer dolls, those vouchers will be very sought after aswell!!! Really pretty though, better than a standard paper type receipt/ticket!

For those that have other 17" dolls from this series...

Are the dolls easy to take out of their box and put them back in (as if nothing ever happened)?

I do not want to take mine out of the box...but if her hair happens to come swept in her face (thanks for the pictures DJR1828!) I will probably want to take her out and *fix* her a little, and put her back in the box. Is this possible to do with the packaging these dolls come in? Or will it be hard to get her back in the way she came, so I shouldn't mess with it?

i have the rapinzel doll and it's easy to take her off the box, my box has no tape , it's just a " slide " . So you will fix her hair easily.

i have the rapinzel doll and it's easy to take her off the box, my box has no tape , it's just a " slide " . So you will fix her hair easily.

Agreed. These boxes slide open with no difficulty or tape closures. It is an interesting box design that is not terribly easy to describe, but there are essentially 4 components; the outer box top, the outer box bottom, the plastic window, and the part that the doll is attached to. You can disassemble and reassemble all four parts without it ever looking like you opened it. So, yeah, it's very easy to readjust things like flyaway hairs (or funky hair), head & arm/hand positions, and garment fabric without compromising the value of the doll. :)

For those that have other 17" dolls from this series...

Are the dolls easy to take out of their box and put them back in (as if nothing ever happened)?

I do not want to take mine out of the box...but if her hair happens to come swept in her face (thanks for the pictures DJR1828!) I will probably want to take her out and *fix* her a little, and put her back in the box. Is this possible to do with the packaging these dolls come in? Or will it be hard to get her back in the way she came, so I shouldn't mess with it?

If you look on you tube there is an de-boxing of Rapunzel (and the other 17" dolls) on there, it will show you the box, and how it opens etc :) Looks quite simple :)

Anyone know how much she will be in the UK yet? She is sooo lovely. My DD1s favourite Princess (she is 6 years old, almost 7) so I would LOVE to get her one for her birthday in April. She would be soo happy but I'm wondering if it is going to be too expensive in the UK and if I'll even get a chance to get one with no pre-orders sadly. It really would make her birthday - her Daddy has just put a shelf up in her room for her 'special' dolls and she would look great in her box up there :)

Anyone know how much she will be in the UK yet? She is sooo lovely. My DD1s favourite Princess (she is 6 years old, almost 7) so I would LOVE to get her one for her birthday in April. She would be soo happy but I'm wondering if it is going to be too expensive in the UK and if I'll even get a chance to get one with no pre-orders sadly. It really would make her birthday - her Daddy has just put a shelf up in her room for her 'special' dolls and she would look great in her box up there :)

I can't tell you for UK but you can have an idea if I tell you in France she will cost 90 euros.

Thanks for the reply pupuce :) I guess she will be around the £80 - 90 mark in the UK then.... A bit much for a young girl but we'll see. I am kicking myself as they had the Rapunzel plush wedding dolls in last time I was in the local (40 mins drive) disney store. They only had 3, I went back half hour later and they had none. I have seen the same doll on ebay for almost 3 times what it was going for in the store that day!

It does annoy me that people buy this stuff sometimes with no liking for it - purely just to sell at a profit :-( But I guess that is market forces/supply and demand....

Thanks to everyone's responses on the box situation...I feel better now knowing that if she doesn't come perfect I can fix her up. :)

On another note...

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet...but I was just looking at the larger photos DJR1828 took on Flickr...and Rapunzel has a gold wedding band on her ring finger...how cute!

The previous ones were £60 in the UK. Hopefully this one will be the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back