• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wedding Editin Rapunzel doll...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing she'll be around £70-ish in the UK! For those who have previous 17" dolls, how big is the actual box?!! Is it alot taller than her! I will hopefully get my mum to order me a 2nd, as would love to trade it for the first 17" Rapunzel doll that I missed out on. Im still really surprised she has not sold out yet!! Im guessing after the ebay fiasco with the designer dolls, hopefully the ebayers have decided not to buy as theyre still trying to shift the designer dolls they bought!! lol!! :p

I prefer to warn Uk people, that the doll may cost higher than before, because here in France previous doll were at 70 euros and this one will be 90 euros.

I wonder if that means she will be £75 to £80 in the UK. Either way I am still planning on trying to get her on release day, finger crossed. And Charlotte, the box on my Rapunzel one is a few inches taller than the actual doll, seeing as you were asking about size :wiggle:

Thanks for the replies - I think about £70 - 80 in UK. We always pay more for everything lol!

I have seen the mini wedding set on ebay (not in UK yet and don't know if we'll get them as there is a lot of stuff we just don't get), so thinking of perhaps getting her those instead as at least she can play with them - works out about £30-35 with postage. I might just hang fire though because if release date is 28th March then they may have other wedding merchandise too.... I just wish I'd got a wedding plush doll for her now as she loved it - I thought they'd get more but haven't :-(

I doubt our DS will sell out of Rapunzel LE wedding dolls the same day - not at that price. But knowing the way things go with the pins in DS UK, they'll probably only get 3 or 4 dolls a store!!

Last edited:
For any of you guys wondering about size, here's a pic of last years Rapunzel in comparison to a regular 12" doll.

Attachments

• IMGP0646.jpg
    IMGP0646.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 300
Pre-sales have been available for a week now, and she still appears available on the US site. All of the previous LE 17" dolls in the past are also said to have not sold out that quickly. In this case, I wonder how much of it has to do with each of the following reasons:
A) There is not a wide-spread knowledge of her upcoming release (which seems to be the main reason for past LE 17" doll releases)
B) Rapunzel has short brown hair (which seems to be hit-or-miss with many people)
C) The LE is now 8000 instead of 5000
D) Rapunzel already has had a LE 17" doll release (though with long blonde hair)
E) The horrors of Dollmagedon have scarred people from wanting any more limited edition Disney dolls

At the rate of things, based on the lack of a current doll-mania, I think that those in the UK and Europe who want this doll should probably not have too much difficulty in getting her. Of course, one should diligently stay on top of the latest news for her release across the Atlantic. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you!

E) The horrors of Dollmagedon have scarred people from wanting any more limited edition Disney dolls

I think all of the above factors you have listed seem to be possible reasons - its probably a combination of several. I know for me personally I like the short hair, even though long hair is how we all know Rapunzel, I like the short hair because it's different and not so run of the mill :) Hahahah - "dollmagedon" made me laugh @ Shivatopia!! What a great phrase!!!! I laughed out loud when reading lol!!! Will defo remeber that one, yes, it was terrible before, its seems to be better this time *touch wood* :)

Fingers crossed our release goes as smoothly as the US pre-order has ... ooooh only a month left to wait :anxious:

Those are really good factors. I also think that the Designer Princess Dolls attracted a lot of non-serious collectors. People made a pretty penny out of reselling those dolls in a short amount of time and there were a lot of parents buying them for their kids...I think the 100 dollar price tag kinda throws people off. But I really like all your factors

In stores, we actually don't advertise the LE 17" Dolls. We only call a few people from our old lists who have bought those 17in Deluxe from the past. We call them the day of or the night before the release of dolls. The company suggests that we talk it up with the adults...and serious collectors.

But I do agree that since this Rapunzel is a LE size of 8000 and that it was 1 per ordering guest, it seems like she is less popular. Had they changed the ordering rules, I think many people might have bought more of her. My stores already sold out of the preorders =D

I hope that the orders for the UK go well =). I hope those who want her will be able to get her! She really is one of the loveliest dolls. I only hope that they make 17" Prince dolls to go with all my Princesses!

I think all of the above factors you have listed seem to be possible reasons - its probably a combination of several. I know for me personally I like the short hair, even though long hair is how we all know Rapunzel, I like the short hair because it's different and not so run of the mill :) Hahahah - "dollmagedon" made me laugh @ Shivatopia!! What a great phrase!!!! I laughed out loud when reading lol!!! Will defo remeber that one, yes, it was terrible before, its seems to be better this time *touch wood* :)

Last edited:
Do guest services even read emails? I placed an order for this doll a few days ago everything was good and I checked my order details and my delivery address has been completely changed (they removed my state and postal code and even have spelt my street address wrong now) I've sent an email requesting this to be fixed but apparently it can't be "guaranteed". I live in Australia and now I'm extremely worried if I'm even going to get this doll now once it has been shipped, they have already taken the money out of my Visa Debit card as well. Any suggestions? :(!

I can't though I'm in Australia and that would cost me.. a fortune.

Edit/Finally got someone to change it after about 5 emails of the same generic reply being sent.
Hope it all goes well now, super excited for this one.

Last edited:
Sorry if this was posted before. Found another amateur photo of the to be released 17" wedding Rapunzel doll. She's too adorable, I can't stand it!

tumblr_lzwlnqHPaX1qfiwuro1_500.jpg

She is so pretty! I placed my online order on the 27th of Feb so I hope I get her. I'm worried I might not from what I read on Facebook and here. :(

As long as you got the confirmation email from Disney, you're good to go. I ordered her on March 6th, and got a confirmation email and she's still available to this day to pre-order. I haven't heard anything otherwise, but I tend to stay away from Facebook.

Not sure if this is a good thing. My store got the dolls in and half have super long lashes like the old Rapunzel, and few have the long lashes!! :shock: Couldn't take pictures since my manager was there.

huh! Do you think you will have the opportunity to take pictures next time? i'm curious to see the difference. It's not serious when you think the doll cost so much.:(

Not sure if this is a good thing. My store got the dolls in and half have super long lashes like the old Rapunzel, and few have the long lashes!! :shock: Couldn't take pictures since my manager was there.

Oh boy, score another point for inconsistent quality control at Disney's factories... So far of the 17" LE dolls, I really love 17" LE Snow White's beautifully feathered eyelashes the most, which is what the stock photos of Wedding Rapunzel's eyelashes sort of resemble (though only at the outer half of her eyes). This will certainly create an element of surprise for everyone in terms of "which kind of eyelashes does your Wedding Rapunzel doll have?"! :)

Unfortunately, I can't take any pictures since the dolls were moved in a secure area that only the managers have access too. :( I guess they used the same mold from the last Rapunzel doll for this one and forgot she actually has short lashes. TBH, it doesn't look bad. But it all depends on your preference. TBH, I was actually wondering why the stock photos had her with short lashes when most of the dolls from this deluxe line had the rooted lashes.

The Disney Store has just charged my credit card for my Wedding Rapunzel doll (my pre-order was made on the first day she became available), which usually means that the item will be shipped within the next few days. I wonder if that means that the Disney Store is trying to coordinate shipping with the March 28th release day so we may actually receive the dolls on or around that day? Typically it takes a week for items to arrive from the warehouse in Tennessee for delivery to the west coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back