• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What do you do with your Backer Cards?

What do you do with your backer cards?

• I keep them.

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • I sell/trade them.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I throw them out.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Something else

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you do with your Backer Cards?

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
I just got done updating multiple binders with my keeper pins on the nice pages I got from WDW, and I was wondering what do others do with their backer cards. 90%+ of these are the nice felt based ones, most regular size, some jumbo, and the rest are unique to that pin, like it had artwork behind the pin, etc.

I know some sell them, some keep them, some throw them out. I am just curious what other do with them.

On my keeper pins, which I really plan on keeping and never trading or selling, I put other pins I am trading when I mail them as it is easier to Bubble wrap them and have them sent safetly. As for the pins in my book that RE for trade, I keep all my backer cards because many people want them when they trade, especially when its like DSF or WDI pins and stuff.

Other than that, I use them for sending pins that I dont have card for. I certainly do not try to deceive people and I will explain an experience I had. I for example will send an LE500 pin that is Stitch on a Star Wars Card if I dont have the original.

The reason I say this is I had a trader who said they would trade me %50.00 of pins for a certain pin and that they were all Blue Back pin.
When they arrived, 2 of the pins were from Sets that dont come on cards and vaerage $6.00 each and one was a rack pin that was originally Green that they put on a Blue Back Card. The pin was still available in the shop too.

Thats why I worry when people say they need backer cards. As long as its not to deceive someone, but then again, you can use Cardboard, 2 pages of construction paper, there are plenty of things you can use.

For me I keep the backer cards of my trader pins, just in case the trader asks for them and aswell I have backer cards to send the pins on.

I also keep my spare backer cards (as my keepers are on pin boards) in a bag to use when trading a pin that doesnt have a card so it doesnt get damaged in the post.

I used to keep all my backer cards. After removing the pins, I put each backer card in a tiny manila envelope with the Pin Pics number on the outside so I could file all the envelopes in order in small wire racks.

Then one day when I had a big bunch of new pins to put away on cork boards and in books, I got SICK of having to take the extra step of putting the backer cards into envelopes and putting the Pin Pics numbers on them and filing them away in the ever growing number of wire racks that seemed to be taking over all my closet space and crowding into my life in ways I just couldn't ... take ... anymore. Ack!

In a fit, I dumped all the envelopes out of the wire racks and threw all the backer cards away except for very special ones, like the hinged Storybook cards that have wonderful explanations on them, and a few cards for DS pins so I can prove I bought those pins directly from Disney rather than on the secondary market. I gave the wire racks to my husband, who uses them for stuff in the garage.

I feel MUCH freer now. :wiggle:

Last edited:
If they are traders, I keep them on the card if I got the card with it. If they are mine and something I don't intend to get rid of, I take them off the card to display them and keep the card with a tag stating what goes on it.

It depends. If the pins are for trading, I keep them on the backer card and trade the pin/card together. If I'm putting the pin into a pin book, the backer card goes into the zipper pouch behind the page the pin is on so I can locate it easily and trade them together.

If the pins are for my collection, I'll definitely keep the card if it's unique to the pin (not a generic black backer). If it's a black backer, I'll put it in a bag and use them to mail out pins that didn't originally come on backer cards (pins from a cast member store or cast lanyards/hidden mickeys).

I keep the card if it is different than the standard black felt card. I like to mail the pins I trade on card and I like to display my better open edition pins that I have for trade on card so I will put them on card and just scratch out the sku number on the back. I have tons of pins not on card but with more and more people wanting the pin on card I seem to be keeping more and more of the cards. In fact when I run low on cards I ask people to send me cards. Sometimes I offer a trader pin for a persons extra backer cards. I like the way it looks to send a pin on card even if it isn't the original. Sometimes, when we are trading a lot, I do send pins out without card but as a whole if you purchase a pin from me it will come on card for sure. The exception to that is trader pins of course.

Alas, I have OCD, and I put a little label with the pinpics number on the back of every backer card. Then my keeper pins that I put on a cork board without the cards go in a box. The traders go in baseball card pages in a binder for trading. I'm doing much better, I used to put them in numerical order... :eeyore:

I don't have much need! The PoH pins in my collection all have their backing cards - all other pins didn't come woth them in the first place! LoL

IF I receive any new pin in a trade or make the od purchase then the pin remains on it's card - similarly if the pin is traded out then it goes on it's card.

HOWEVER!! Wifey threw out a load of backing cards a while ago which had some of her Stitch pins on - Oh well!!

Generally I keep all my backer cards. I keep them in a box with all my jumbo pin boxes and other assorted pin items.

If it's a special backing card, I will still take the pin off of it when I put it in my book but I will keep it near the pin. Why I don't know because I never trade a pin once it's in my keeper bags.

As for the black ones, etc. I use them to send other pins in the mail because it is easier to wrap the bubble wrap around them instead of just the pin. Plus, it offers a little more protection too. :)

If it is just the plain black backer card I pitch them. If it has something to do specifically with the pin (MVMCP, Special release, etc) I keep it

I noticed a seller on eBay using the expression "the pin is on an original Disney card". So there are people who use cards to mislead potential buyers/traders.

I keep all cards - if they are the original card for the pin. I can't sleep if I know I have a pin on a wrong card. Can we say anal retentive on this board?

Also the reason I keep the cards is I can't throw stuff away. My better half is surprised if I take the garbage out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back