• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What is the craziest thig you have done for pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hhahahahaha I don't feel so crazy anymore . . . . . Although I have seen a few sunrises on hollywod blvd from a camping chair in an Alley :0)

Packing up the truck with a stroller, diaper bag and snacks the night prior. Waking up at 3 am wrapping up my 3 year old son to put in the car seat and head to DLR. Getting there at 3:30 and wait in the truck until the DTD parking lot opens at 6 am. 6 am the patrol opens up the parking lot. Drive in and find the closest parking spot. Seeing everyone run to get in line. Only have time to get my son, blanket and run to get in line. Ended up being #390 and my son #391. Yes Disney gave my 2 year old a wristband. Held my sleeping son in my arms until they let us into DLR to stand in another line for the pin. Finally get my 4 pins. Oh, he did finally wake up at 8 am. The pin you may ask? Can you believe the same thing for the the next month but was 2x worst .

I think this was the end of the hay day of pins. Disney turn on its investors by doing the online and up the LE. They still sold and that is how we got what we have today.

Well, I survived the HM POH release Master mentioned above - what a nightmare!

Then there was the second DLR pinbassador release...getting in line at 3 a.m.....ah, those were the days....walking past the people pressure washing the paths of DTD....waiting in line....watching for the monorail work rig to cruise by...sunrise over the esplanade....watching a dozen people join their friends in line in front of you and hope you still were going to get a wristband.....the jokes would get really punchy about dawn.

Last edited:
We went to Disneyland in April and met some pin traders where they told us about some pin shops in anaheim that might have Jessica rabbit pins so we left the park and went to my dpins I believe it was called and we bought $200 worth of Jessica rabbit pins for my wife. We then went to DSF for the first time ordered a few ice creams for the pins . And then became friends with some workers that now update me via text when pins are about to come out surprise or new sundae pins. Lol. Nothing crazy yet

Hehe, at the ptn last month I went up to everyone in the room and said, have you got this pin? And flashed the pic on my iPad XD! It paid off though! I got the pin I wanted!

I felt like a bit of a mad woman but it was WELL worth the effort!

Stayed at Magic Kingdom during the extra ride nights and basically went from store to store between rides and looked at every castmates pins
xD

Used all of my tax return money (which was also my new car fund) to buy a mass amount of pins at an auction.

Or, I am a repeat offender of having my friend pick up pins on her eBay account so that my fiance doesn't disown me :lol:

Brittany helped me to get great pins at the said auction. My husband's eyes googled out when the final bill came, but it was well worth it. Thanks to her, I got many many grails I would not see in my lifetime otherwise.

It's True! Ask Frank/Tribalwonderland at Disney World. He still has the pin...actually pin set.

What kind of PoS car did you have that he turned that down? :lol:

That was a joke...I doubt you drive a PoS- but I *am* curious which car it was...

most insane thing i ever did is get in talks about a cast member about pin trading then mygrandm aka owner of this acount says how do you eget passes o go into company d and she said pass i will take you after i get offmy shift. We endd up going and then bought 1of all the pinsin the expensive pin case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back