• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What is the craziest thig you have done for pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the craziest thig you have done for pins?

mojoscout

Jr. Goon
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hey everyone! :)
I was just wondering what is the craziest thig you have done for a pin or pin set? No matter haw crazy we will not judge... don't be ashamed be proud! lol!:hsd:Mine is probably boring compared to yous but here it go's:I spent $90 on a pin set that I found right before I left for DLR ... yeah I know yawn lol! so tell us how crazy can it get? :p

Hmm. At one point, I did a 19 pin trade that involved me trading and buying over a month or so. Basically, I said "I can get you these- if I do it, can we trade?". It was sort of like a scavenger hunt :)

I can't think of anything else besides the obvious wait in line/drop a ton of money.

I drove to another country.

Okay, it's not as crazy as it sounds. It was for the state/province flag pin release for the 100 Years of Dreams at the Disney Store. At the time we lived in the north west corner of WA state. So I had my husband come with me to one of the two British Columbia stores to buy the BC pin. We bought what they had left, which was 6 or 7 pins. I hemmed and hawed about driving to the other store, it would be another half hour drive, and they might not have had any left and decided not to. Then I found later, that they HAD them. I'm still kicking myself over that one. I was one of 2 people on the boards who had a BC pin for trade, and it was the only time I've really had something that was hot, hot, HOT. I traded them for most of the other Canada pins, but no one was trading Nova Scotia, so I missed out on that one and still need it.

Nothing...YET!!! LMAO! It is inevitable I am quite sure! I can not wait to follow this thread however, and see what I have ahead of me! I know I have ALL the potential, HA HA!

I'm considering taking a £0.25 train to London that takes 6 hours, to get a £1 bus to DLRP from there that takes about 5hours. To then go for a day and come back again the same way... just to do pin trading! So yeah I'm still considering a 22 hours round trip to another country xD

I'm considering taking a £0.25 train to London that takes 6 hours, to get a £1 bus to DLRP from there that takes about 5hours. To then go for a day and come back again the same way... just to do pin trading! So yeah I'm still considering a 22 hours round trip to another country xD

Id so do that haha :D im already in london so thats half a journey for me :D

Wow, just shows what we in the UK have to do for the sake of pins lol! Nobody I know collects, so I am on my own when it comes to going crazy for a couple of pieces of metal... :hsd:

Okay there is a Japanese seller on Ebay and I begged her to break up a set of pins (set of 4) a couple of months ago - two of which I had and 2 rare Al & Jas pins...after begging for a month she let me have them both - turns out that it would've been cheaper to have bought the whole set lol so money was well spent!

I get up at midnight to go get in line at DHS for the release of the Star Wars Weekend pins. I'll be doing it again Thursday :)
My sister and I went to the 40th at the WDW MK. We were up near the front of the line because we got there around 3:30AM.

Thought of another one - I often email people and ask what pins I can get them/be on the look out for so that I can have one of their trading pins lol. It is amazing how many people actually reply and some don't even bother :(

But I save all the lists and keep my eyes peeled!!

So far I have been successful with 4-6 of those emails that I have sent and I was able to gain 4-6 Jasmine HG pins. So it is kinda hit/miss.

My best friend and I chased down EVERY SINGLE CAST MEMBER at Animal Kingdom, pursuing a complete set of Hidden Mickey Yetis for a friend of ours. (We know it was every cast member because Guest Services told us so.)

please don't think I'm crazy :crazy: but for the marvel release I came around 6 pm and since we weren't allowed to stay on the side of DSF because of the midnight movie I camped out in the parking lot right next to DSF for 5 hrs and then when we were allowed to camp out next DSF I brought an air bed and slept there untill 8 am. haha I'm crazy

Used all of my tax return money (which was also my new car fund) to buy a mass amount of pins at an auction.

Or, I am a repeat offender of having my friend pick up pins on her eBay account so that my fiance doesn't disown me :lol:

I used to hunt around on Yahoo Japan (i'm in Canada), and i found a very rare set of Alice in Wonderland pins (the set that had the Drink Me bottle pin, cheshire cat This Way sign, dormouse in a teapot, and white rabbit pocket watch pins, ) that was even on it's original card! I then went through every ebay seller from Japan that i've ever bought one, begging all of them to bid on it for me and i'd pay them for their trouble and obviously pay for the pins. It was a lot of work (and there was a time constraint, since Yahoo Japan does auctions as well, so i only had a week from start to finish), and i couldn't contact more than one seller at a time (because i didn't want them bidding against each other and raising the price for myself), and then i was up in the middle of the night on the night it actually closed watching the countdown and stressing myself out hoping that my bidder would win... but it all worked out at i got the pins!!! Totally worth it :)
I'm sure i've done other crazy things too, but that was the first one that comes to mind.

Slept in the alley with my grandma in tow for the DSF Up set. lol.

And then I have dropped over $100 on one pin before. :3

we have literally gone running across Frontierland at WDW chasing a DL CA trader who was trading lanyard pins from Cali for Florida pins.

At a trading night one trader was not sure that we were serious about a trade, so I stood on the chair and announced in my booming you will hear me from the back row voice. I really REALLY want this pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back