Where did my "Trading" thread go?!

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by Joseph Hunt, Feb 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I've searched high and low, but I can not find the thread I posted the other day, related to trading pins! What could have become of it?

2. Fins4pins

Fins4pins Active Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I believe it’s in the introduction post.

3. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

4. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

So my innocent little query post was deleted because I have no privilege to trade pins with the "established" members, on my terms, until I have made 30 posts? Well, I apologize for that; and, please know that I was in no way, attempting to circumvent this rule. I only opened the thread to find out why I hadn't the privilege to post in the "Trades" forum - the rest just happened! lol, I guess I'll just get busy socializing then. BTW, are the "established" members that responded to my illegal post with possible trades permitted to carry out transactions that arose from my illegal post, or, lol, is it such that all involved should get squashed out along with my illegal post?

5. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

I would think any trades... However they are started are up to both traders to decide if they move forward... I'm not a mod... so its just my opinion. :) And I thought I would socialize with you a bit, so you can get to your 30 posts...

6. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    211   0   0

Welcome to the DPF pin community Joseph! I read your post about your trip to WDW and am glad you found some great hidden mickeys. I hope you make some fun trades here very soon!

I know that the “30 posts/10 days” rule before making a thread in the marketplace may feel a bit frustrating, especially when you are eager and excited to start here, but please don’t take it personally or feel excluded from our community. When I started out on here over ten years ago, I too had to wait until I posted 30 times/ten days even though I was anxious to start. In retrospect, it gave me time to settle in, learn more about DPF, and to pick up tips and trading etiquette.

On the other end of it, it prevents bots and scammers from making an account and instantaneously flooding the marketplace with unwanted threads. If you ever visit DPF at midnight, this happens in the discussion thread where bots post random ads and it’s quite off-putting.

Regadless, welcome to DPF!!! I hope you enjoy your time here. I’ve found that DPF is filled with caring, kind, and fun members so you are in good company :)

momin.ator likes this.
  7. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Oh, absolutely... I completely realize that there's a logical reason for the requirements, and I am/was, in no way attempting to circumvent them. In truth, my over the top response was in reaction to the "gleeful" way the One moderator seemed to pleasure herself with upholding the process... No welcome... No understanding... No nothing short of a personal attack. Change my name, In addition to rocking my post into oblivion - and probably suggesting to the members that were messaging me to cease their communication? Anyhow, thank you, MBK, for the appropriate welcome... It is truly appreciated!

8. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

I believe the offer to change your name is for your own security/privacy... ;)

TiggerSue likes this.
  9. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

@TheMickeyMouseRules is 100% correct. The offer of a name change is for your own security/privacy because it appears that you (presumably) inadvertently registered with your given name as your screen name. I can assure you that no personal attack was intended by the offer, not suggestion.

10. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

@Joseph Hunt
    Hey! Welcome to DPF, Joseph!! :) :)

Glad to see someone from my old "neck of the woods" (Brigantine and Wildwood Crest) enjoying Disney Pin Trading and joining this Tiggerific Forum!! :tigger:

11. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Crazy! Where you at now? lol... Cold here today!

TiggerSue likes this.
  12. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

For the recorded record: Joseph Hunt is as "protected" as Joseph Hunting Daily would be... lol, just saying!

13. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

... and, MickeyMouseRules,: I thank you for the "assists"... Much appreciated - and, I haven't been ignoring you, lol... ya just, unfortunately, kinda fell through the cracks, of late!

14. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Well, thanks to the US Coast Guard, we transferred to Florida a long time ago and never left!! :)

15. Joseph Hunt

Joseph Hunt Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Nice! We'll be transplanting down there, God willing, by no later than the spring of 2021!

TiggerSue likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.