• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Where did my "Trading" thread go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if it's in the introductions, it would be closed because it violates the Marketplace rules.
So my innocent little query post was deleted because I have no privilege to trade pins with the "established" members, on my terms, until I have made 30 posts? Well, I apologize for that; and, please know that I was in no way, attempting to circumvent this rule. I only opened the thread to find out why I hadn't the privilege to post in the "Trades" forum - the rest just happened! lol, I guess I'll just get busy socializing then. BTW, are the "established" members that responded to my illegal post with possible trades permitted to carry out transactions that arose from my illegal post, or, lol, is it such that all involved should get squashed out along with my illegal post?

So my innocent little query post was deleted because I have no privilege to trade pins with the "established" members, on my terms, until I have made 30 posts? Well, I apologize for that; and, please know that I was in no way, attempting to circumvent this rule. I only opened the thread to find out why I hadn't the privilege to post in the "Trades" forum - the rest just happened! lol, I guess I'll just get busy socializing then. BTW, are the "established" members that responded to my illegal post with possible trades permitted to carry out transactions that arose from my illegal post, or, lol, is it such that all involved should get squashed out along with my illegal post?
I would think any trades... However they are started are up to both traders to decide if they move forward... I'm not a mod... so its just my opinion. :) And I thought I would socialize with you a bit, so you can get to your 30 posts...

Welcome to the DPF pin community Joseph! I read your post about your trip to WDW and am glad you found some great hidden mickeys. I hope you make some fun trades here very soon!

I know that the “30 posts/10 days” rule before making a thread in the marketplace may feel a bit frustrating, especially when you are eager and excited to start here, but please don’t take it personally or feel excluded from our community. When I started out on here over ten years ago, I too had to wait until I posted 30 times/ten days even though I was anxious to start. In retrospect, it gave me time to settle in, learn more about DPF, and to pick up tips and trading etiquette.

On the other end of it, it prevents bots and scammers from making an account and instantaneously flooding the marketplace with unwanted threads. If you ever visit DPF at midnight, this happens in the discussion thread where bots post random ads and it’s quite off-putting.

Regadless, welcome to DPF!!! I hope you enjoy your time here. I’ve found that DPF is filled with caring, kind, and fun members so you are in good company :)

Oh, absolutely... I completely realize that there's a logical reason for the requirements, and I am/was, in no way attempting to circumvent them. In truth, my over the top response was in reaction to the "gleeful" way the One moderator seemed to pleasure herself with upholding the process... No welcome... No understanding... No nothing short of a personal attack. Change my name, In addition to rocking my post into oblivion - and probably suggesting to the members that were messaging me to cease their communication? Anyhow, thank you, MBK, for the appropriate welcome... It is truly appreciated!

Oh, absolutely... I completely realize that there's a logical reason for the requirements, and I am/was, in no way attempting to circumvent them. In truth, my over the top response was in reaction to the "gleeful" way the One moderator seemed to pleasure herself with upholding the process... No welcome... No understanding... No nothing short of a personal attack. Change my name, In addition to rocking my post into oblivion - and probably suggesting to the members that were messaging me to cease their communication? Anyhow, thank you, MBK, for the appropriate welcome... It is truly appreciated!

I believe the offer to change your name is for your own security/privacy... ;)

I believe the offer to change your name is for your own security/privacy... ;)
@TheMickeyMouseRules is 100% correct. The offer of a name change is for your own security/privacy because it appears that you (presumably) inadvertently registered with your given name as your screen name. I can assure you that no personal attack was intended by the offer, not suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back