• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Worst packaging job you've ever received?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst packaging job you've ever received?
I Didn't even know they delivered mail if there was postage due. I thought they just returned to sender!

I buy all of my mailers on ebay: justpoundsandounces is the user name I believe. Hope it's ok to post that, but I love them and have bought from them for years.

I have bought from this seller too with no problems. They run a few penny auctions all the time, and you can sometimes get an insanely low price.

Well its not quite packaging - although I did have 2 pins arrive in an ordinary envelope the other day! But this morning the postman gave me a card saying there was a parcel to pay for... Off I go to the Sorting Office - £11.84 ($18.46) later I walked away with my parcel containing 4 pins from the USA.
The sender had put merchandise on the customs label and then listed the value of the pins at over $30, so I had to pay some Tax and an £8 admin fee to get them! Wasn't happy!

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I bet they have, Mailing out the super Jumbo and even the Jumbo pins sometimes, when mailing these please remove them off of thier backer cards, because most of them are on neat cards and in boxes, during shipping the vibration knocks the pin around which then tears or mostly largens the pin holes then the card is ruined because the pin now is loose from wide/ worn holes, then I have to go in and tape the back of the card to get the pin to stay still on it's card, and now it's been devalued I guess. So my advice for shipping super jumbos/jumbos take them off thier cards and wrap them seperatley, noone i've delt with does it, so now when I know im having one shipped to me, I ask the person to do this for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back