• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wow... The DSF Valentine Chocolates really do look nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... The DSF Valentine Chocolates really do look nice...
Thanks for posting the pictures ... Flynn doesnt look great .... that's one I can take OFF my wants .... saves me some money at least! Great shame with the artwork.

So who's going to be the first to draw a goatee on their pin?!

I think the pins are much nicer than I had expected, and if they are the size of the Beloved Tales as stated, then I can see the reason they raised the price on them...

Theres a lot of critiquing of the artwork, I agree with the fact that basic character traits and design (Goatie) should never get missed... I also agree with the statement that these beloved three dimensional characters we all love look great in 3D, they are very tough to try to render in a two dimensional format without adding lines in places that will upset people...

Either way they did a very good job on these, except for using that rubber crud for the bow... The rubber stuff gets dirty quickly and can never be cleaned... Protect your bows people from turning black from your Grimmy little paws griping them so tightly... Lol

Rik ,

Thanks for posting these great pics and taking the time to crop them so nicely... I also love drawing and use PS as my main tool. I have a suggestion for you if your into this kinda stuff that will save you countless hours, improve your control and accuracy, and making art on a PC much more enjoyable... You may have one, but if not look into getting a Wacom Drawing Tablet... The absolute best tool you can buy...!!! The medium sized one works great for most anything you do and is well worth the initial cost if you like doing artsy type stuff...

I think the pins are much nicer than I had expected, and if they are the size of the Beloved Tales as stated, then I can see the reason they raised the price on them...

Theres a lot of critiquing of the artwork, I agree with the fact that basic character traits and design (Goatie) should never get missed... I also agree with the statement that these beloved three dimensional characters we all love look great in 3D, they are very tough to try to render in a two dimensional format without adding lines in places that will upset people...

Either way they did a very good job on these, except for using that rubber crud for the bow... The rubber stuff gets dirty quickly and can never be cleaned... Protect your bows people from turning black from your Grimmy little paws griping them so tightly... Lol

YES!! That "rubber crud" on them is disappointing to me, I cant stand that stuff on pins!

Wow, you are sooo talented! Last night only the Tangled one was up!
Now that I see the Robin Hood and Stitch ones all fancy-like, I have to say, they are definitely my favorites. I was starting to think I wasn't going to be wanting the Stitch one, but now I changed my mind! I really wish I collected Robin Hood, that one really is the prettiest IMHO. :D
Good luck to everyone getting the pins! <3

Okay...I HAVE TO SAY THIS...I figured it out! I REALLY REALLY DID! You know how in the movie he is ALWAYS saying that "they can't get his face right!!??" in the "wanted" posters.... They are BRINGING IT TO LIFE IN THESE DAG GONE PINS!!!

"They just can't get my nose right!"...or your face. Will I get the pin anyway? Yes...will I keep it open or closed...haven't yet decided

It is true, I have used one in our entymology lab at ASU to photoshop pictures of bugs for a virtual reality project and it is so much faster and more natural.

The flyer pictures don't even come close to doing these pins justice... They have them on display in the store now, and I took some pics of them (iPhone pics, so they aren't perfect...)

Here's Tangled & Up:
All sparkles on the top and the inside, the ribbon is a free-D thing
Choco_Tangled.jpg

They did a good job with these.
(Although they really did forget Flynn's goatee... Surprised that snuck through...)

Choco_RobinHood.jpg

Great pics & photo editing! These are so much better to look at than the stock photos! :) Thank you for posting these!

I'll have to throw in my lot to agree that Flynn looks a bit "off." I don't really care that they messed up with removing his shirt, but the lack of his chin scruff & the weird overly-crooked smile show a serious lack of attention to detail. And why is the bottom part of his doublet white?!? I also have to agree that they did not get his nose right on this one, either! Flynn has received only a handful of pins, and this one is not one of his better ones. The 2010 DSF Rapunzel & Flynn in chair pin, the Flynn parks booster pack pin, and the PODM Tangled pin are certainly his better pins. I also like the WDI Thrill Rides pin with Rapunzel & Flynn, though you really can't see his face all that well since he's freaking out! Rapunzel, on the other hand, made a decent transition here into a 2D rendering on this Valentine's pin, though she has a somewhat devious expression on her face.

I also agree that the Robin Hood & Maid Marian pin looks the best from this collection. :)

managed to resist checking this thread out until now... 3 pages into replies.

where is flynns facial hair???? AGAIN. and the look on his face is like, kinda creepy.

And we cannot logic away the facial hair as him being a clean cut prince because then SHE should have the short brown hair. **sigh** glad i dont need these, the rest are loverly.

:) The Up pin is so adorable, as is the Robin Hood pin. :confused: Am I the only one who thinks that Rapunzel and Flynn look weird?

Okay... I just realized... that on the Punzel/Flynn pin, Flynn looks like he's trying to sneak a peek at Punzel's cleavage and Punzel is like, "Uh uh...nice try!"
I think I just am still laughing from the Punzel cleavage conversation on the BT pin... :lol:

Okay... I just realized... that on the Punzel/Flynn pin, Flynn looks like he's trying to sneak a peek at Punzel's cleavage and Punzel is like, "Uh uh...nice try!"
I think I just am still laughing from the Punzel cleavage conversation on the BT pin... :lol:

LOL! Elena, that is hilarious! Never thought about it that way :rofl:

Just noticed... Rapunzel's arms make no sense! :rofl:

OMG you're right! Where is Rapunzel's other hand? LOL

I still like the pin, but whoever designed this pin could have spent like ten more minutes on it and it would have turned out much better...give Rapunzel a second hand and Flynn his facial hair!

It's funny that the two less hyped pins (Robin Hood and Stitch) seem to be getting the most positive response.

I'm happy with that lol because I'm nearly 90% sure I am getting the Stitch one for a great price!!!! I think that like others have said, Stitch and Robin Hood are already 2D animations as compared to Up and Rapunzel which are 3D animated films so both are much more difficult to transition to 2D. Saying that though, that still doesn't forgive the obvious mistakes they made on both of those pins...

They need to open a Chicago Disney Soda Fountain. lol That would solve all my problems.

I know! CA already has DL and FL has WDW, but other major cities like NYC and Chicago get nothing :( And NYC is such a bit city, at least tied with LA so it is disappointing :( However, I do get that pin trading is much bigger in CA.

And we cannot logic away the facial hair as him being a clean cut prince because then SHE should have the short brown hair. **sigh** glad i dont need these, the rest are loverly.

Perhaps that's when he was Eugene? Before he met Rapunzel (I realize they are on the same pin, but they didn't have to know each other at the time the pin was made).

OMG you're right! Where is Rapunzel's other hand? LOL

It looks like her hand is shoved awkwardly into her other sleeve to me. She can wear her shirt however she wants for all I care lol xD

It looks like her hand is shoved awkwardly into her other sleeve to me. She can wear her shirt however she wants for all I care lol xD

It looks like her hand is there on her other arm like it should be, they just forgot to draw a line between arm and hand, so it's melded into one...

I wonder how much of things like that are problems in the original drawing, or something that happened at the pin factory and just not noticed in time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back