• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Zap? - Figured it out, and now I feel silly!

ZAPPED! Zap? - Figured it out, and now I feel silly!

chroll

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I received this yesterday. No return address name. It's a Sherman Brothers' Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow record. We collect Disney records, and we shocked and excited to get this, but have no idea who sent it to us. It didn't have our names on the outside, but was addressed to the "Resident Optimist." If you sent this to me, will you please let me know? I am so thankful for it!!

See post #17 for the answer to who sent this!

Last edited:
We figured it out! A couple weeks ago, I signed up to play the alternate reality D23 game. There is an option to get physical clues mailed to your house, and I figured, "oh, what the heck?!" and opted-in. I figured they'd send a postcard or something that I could add to our D23 memorabilia. I never expected to get an actual vinyl record that I would love! It totally didn't look like a company sent it, there were multiple postage stamps that didn't match, like when you are just trying to find enough postage to send something.

So it looks like I was "zapped" by the Walt Disney Studios and WDI R&D. Corporate Zap?

and if you'd like to sign up to see if you get something cool: http://optimist.disney.com/