• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2015 Pin Releases: Let's help each other know about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 Pin Releases: Let's help each other know about them.
Someone posted this on Facebook. Looks like the next Little Mermaid Surprise puzzle thing. But not seeing anyone posting it for sale, so I guess it's a leak?
It seems as if the Ariel and Eric designs have been lifted straight from the recent DS Europe release. I can understand why they choose this particular moment but I'd like to see more creativity with this scene.

It seems as if the Ariel and Eric designs have been lifted straight from the recent DS Europe release. I can understand why they choose this particular moment but I'd like to see more creativity with this scene.

I agree it could have been executed better, but I gave up trying to collect this set a while ago. :sad:

That pose of them is on all sorts of pins unfortunately.

I'm not exactly thrilled with how this release was handled. As an East coaster who has no option other than to buy from resellers/pick-uppers pre-announcing a surprise release from this set screwed me. I usually get lucky for once and pick up the pin for a fair-ish price in the morning when people are at the release and it's actually a surprise. Announcing it early generated lines and people pre-selling last night and prices were jacked up in many of those cases. Why make it a surprise release if you're going to announce it before hand? That defeats the purpose of a "SURPRISE" release.

I'm refusing to buy this pin for the rediculous amounts of money people are charging for it. Not only is it 500 more than any other surprise pin, it was also announced. It should be no more than $25.

Just saw this on Disney Pins Blog: New York City Comic Con 2015 Marvel Pins

New-York-Comic-Con-2015-Marvel-Pins-627x800.jpg
Are you FREAKING SERIOUS?? It's already impossible to find the last Skottie Young Captain America pin for under 80$, now THESE? :banghead:

That pose of them is on all sorts of pins unfortunately.

I'm not exactly thrilled with how this release was handled. As an East coaster who has no option other than to buy from resellers/pick-uppers pre-announcing a surprise release from this set screwed me. I usually get lucky for once and pick up the pin for a fair-ish price in the morning when people are at the release and it's actually a surprise. Announcing it early generated lines and people pre-selling last night and prices were jacked up in many of those cases. Why make it a surprise release if you're going to announce it before hand? That defeats the purpose of a "SURPRISE" release.

I think everyone is in this boat, no matter where they live. Rare is the person who lives so close to the park and has the type of job where they can line-up and get these things exactly as they come out. I'm in California but nowhere near Disneyland. I also have friends who live very close to Disney but could never take off time from work for merchandise releases. Resellers/kind folks who do pick-up requests are the only bet for basically everyone. It's a very challenging to love a popular movie like The Little Mermaid with this reality. I wish us all luck getting this pin for a reasonable deal, trade or cash.

Last edited:
These spellbound pins came out today there le 3000 there is also a malificent pin that's apart of this set but I didn't get that one but here are the other 2 there available at magic Kingdom pin store and Epcot pin store

image1_zpssydfxkor.jpg

I saw people buying 10 LMPINS at a time the cast members did not care how many they bought!!

I'm really not surprised. Considering they took "surprise" out of an actual surprise release. Like it's seriously the 60th Diamond pins all over again. Except this time a lower LE pin AND it's Little Mermaid -,-"

Just saw these Japan pins via Sarah Brave on Facebook:

10447406_10102696264231818_7744932648533498014_n.jpg
12065991_10102696264241798_6732263309442057888_n.jpg

From her post: "The Disney Store in Japan got pins!!! But they are different from our usual pins... These are meant to stick out and be put on a bag handle or something. Different, but cool! I bought Snow ^^"

Just saw these Japan pins via Sarah Brave on Facebook:

From her post: "The Disney Store in Japan got pins!!! But they are different from our usual pins... These are meant to stick out and be put on a bag handle or something. Different, but cool! I bought Snow ^^"
Those are amazing! That Snow one is particularly gorgeous!

To all my fellow Alice fans ... I've been at WDW for 2 days now and have asked every CM I got within 10 ft of about the Wonderland Character Connection puzzle pins, and they all look at me like I have 12 heads. I don't think they are being cagey, I think they have no idea these pins are supposed to exist. So we'll have to keep wondering until someone comes up with an answer.

Can someone tell a newbie pin person how to get on the flyer list for the new releases at the parks/studio store? I know about the DisneyParksMerchandise website & blog & keeping tabs on that (though it seems a bit slow in coming out)...I also know about the DisneyParksblog, but I've noticed a couple of comments in this forum about the flyers being mailed out.....how do I get onto that list? Or how do I get into the know so I can plan accordingly?

Thanks everyone!

Can someone tell a newbie pin person how to get on the flyer list for the new releases at the parks/studio store? I know about the DisneyParksMerchandise website & blog & keeping tabs on that (though it seems a bit slow in coming out)...I also know about the DisneyParksblog, but I've noticed a couple of comments in this forum about the flyers being mailed out.....how do I get onto that list? Or how do I get into the know so I can plan accordingly?

Thanks everyone!

I don't know anything about actual mailers BUT if you like the Disney Studio Store Hollywood Facebook page, they post theirs on there. They already have the Nov 2015 releases flyer on their page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back