• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Art of Aurora DS EU 31 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art of Aurora DS EU 31 July

Allie.Pin

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
And the new banner is up !
4002_cp_FWB_AuroraPin_17072014DK.jpg

4002_cp_FWB_AuroraPin_17072014.jpg

Not sure how I feel about this release. I'm collectiong the window series and now they do another release before completing the series ?

The Uk site mentiones its a boxed jumbo pin. For me the Dark blue top looks to dark compared with her skirt and sleeves. I hate that they choose the same color for the dress as for Merryweather, I guess it was to hard to give Aurora or Merryweather a different shade of blue ? And maybe a little bit less dark eyes ?

Last edited:
It's very pretty, but I don't think I can splash out £30 on it. Do you think the series will continue after this release?

Definitely getting that one, it'll fit with my Ariel. ^^
continuation of the ''Art of ...'' pin. I like the Ariel a lot more. Aurora has a more cheap look to my oppinion, not a really different design, and I don't really like her face (read: eyes). And a whamming price tag of €48 (30pounds) ? wow that is a lot, I think Ariel was cheaper.

It is not part of the stained glass series. It is an Art of Sleeping Beauty pin. This is like the Art of Ariel pin from last year. It is a standalone pin. It looks like it may be based off of Mary Blair art.

It is not part of the stained glass series. It is an Art of Sleeping Beauty pin. This is like the Art of Ariel pin from last year. It is a standalone pin. It looks like it may be based off of Mary Blair art.
Mary Blair ? I like the pin slightly more now. Marc Davis style aurora would be better though.

This preview is really pretty. What will the other pins look like ? *w*
They say in the banner that it is a "pin set".
I don't see Mary Blair influence in it, it is just the style of Steve Thompson there.

edit : Damned, the English banner says a Jumbo Box Set T_T (again, an error of translation in the French banner v_v)
So much more expensive that the beautiful Art of Ariel pin I missed >_<
I am so disappointed !

Last edited:
Aahh, what about the four pin series? I thought the third one would be coming out, hmph. That delays the total release for two weeks, not great really.

It's a pretty set but as others have said, £30 is way too expensive really.

About the blue shades, I'm pretty sure it'll be prettier in real life. The DS previews are always off and they're not really good to go on, especially in terms of colours. I love the design and how it has this cartoony look. I also think it's great it features the fairies.

I'm not really comparing it to Ariel as in "who is the prettiest" but I'm guessing Aurora will come with a box too and she will fit nicely next to my Ariel box! :lol: The price tag is, unfortunately, blown up (yet again) but I'm willing to pay it. If I can pay $200 for a BT, I can pay £30 for a UK pin.

Ok maybe its completely Steve Thompson's art. I just found out he also did the art for the art of ariel pin. and I found the artwork the pin is based on on google:
tumblr_lr20mvoebX1r04n00.jpg

compared with the ariel from last year:
tumblr_n2qwwqHqV31r2emz8o2_500.png

You'll probably get the point here. Ariel is perfect and beautiful, Aurora is more like ''simple'' and basic.

Yeah, the Aurora one is more close to Steve Thompson's personal art (in which, in fact, we could see some influence of Mary Blair ^^" XD), instead of the Ariel one, more "Disney-traditional" style.
I really like his style, but I am not so happy of how it looks when it turns into this pin :s

Yeah, the Aurora one is more close to Steve Thompson's personal art (in which, in fact, we could see some influence of Mary Blair ^^" XD), instead of the Ariel one, more "Disney-traditional" style.
I really like his style, but I am not so happy of how it looks when it turns into this pin :s
yeah, the art is pretty and sweet, the colors on the pin preview are a lot darker and the face is a lot less sweet because of the huge black eyes. his art is cool though, and I would love to see some more pins of his art. he made several artworks like the aurora used for this pin.

I got so excited when I saw the thread title. Then I saw the concept art and .... it fizzled.

She is one of the prettiest princesses (imho), yet they could not come up with something better to show off her beauty. The only saving grace for me is that she is in blue.

I'm actually liking the pin, I just prefer her in blue haha. The eyes are a bit dark, but maybe they won't be that way when we see the pin for real. Has anyone heard if it's just uk stores? People on Instagram are saying it's split 150 US and 100 UK. Plus the US won't be released until after the designer pins come out. We need more info on this.

Last edited:
I need that pin because I could tell right away it was based on Steve Thompson's work, who is my favorite Disney artist. I'm going to cry if this pin is ridiculously expensive.

I like the pin a lot, though I think I would prefer it if, like in the Ariel style, it was a full body of just her, very detailed, maybe even in her Briar Rose dress, in a dance pose from her Once Upon a Dream song.

I will do my best to get this pin as a trader, so if anybody is interested in talking about a trade beforehand, let me know! :) No guarantee obviously and nothing's fixed till I have it in hand, so no worries :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back